Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 02:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They were docked, there may not have been any breeze at all.
Apparently I have to say this a third time:

I have worked for 2 different cruise lines. I know exactly what it feels like when a window is open. You can still feel the wind in your face EVEN. WHEN. DOCKED.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Looking at the windows in this video, I think it’d be easy to mistake an open window for closed. Especially with old eyes, possibly cataracts, etc. The attorney likened it to accidentally walking into a sliding glass door that you think it’s open but it’s not.

I too find it much more believable that the grandfather actually thought it was closed than that he put her there knowing it was open.
Oh wait.

Did this happen in the dark? At night?

Look at 1:12 in this video. It's DARK outside, the reporter states the photo was taken "shortly after Chloe fell". I can't tell in the photo which windows are open, if any, and which, are closed. A lot of us have been looking at daytime photos, where yes, it's pretty obvious what's open and closed. Not at night it's not.

Hm.

Can anyone else tell which of the windows - at the 1:12 mark are open?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HKpZGem1J4&app=desktop

Old 10-30-2019, 02:06 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Apparently I have to say this a third time:

I have worked for 2 different cruise lines. I know exactly what it feels like when a window is open. You can still feel the wind in your face EVEN. WHEN. DOCKED.
I believe that. The guy was probably doing a "Michael Jackson" and hanging the kid out of the window to scare her and then dropped her. Manslaughter. Don't let him near any kid ever again.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:09 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Oh wait.

Look at 1:12 in this video. It's DARK outside, the reporter states the photo was taken "shortly after Chloe fell". I can't tell in the photo which windows are open, if any, and which, are closed. A lot of us have been looking at daytime photos, where yes, it's pretty obvious what's open and closed. Not at night it's not.

Hm.

From the link on page 1, first post:

Quote:
The death occurred Sunday afternoon at the Panamerican dock in the capital of San Juan.
Cruises will not begin or end a cruise at night time. It will be either early morning or afternoon - plenty of light.

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Oh wait.

Look at 1:12 in this video. It's DARK outside, the reporter states the photo was taken "shortly after Chloe fell". I can't tell in the photo which windows are open, if any, and which, are closed. A lot of us have been looking at daytime photos ...
A CNN report said it happened around 5 pm.

Still light in PR in July.

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:

Hm.

No, it happened during the day, around 5pm.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
A CNN report said it happened around 5 pm.

Still light in PR in July.
Thanks!

Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Cruises will not begin or end a cruise at night time. It will be either early morning or afternoon - plenty of light.
This one was set to depart at 8:30 pm, according to CNN’s original report.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/08/us/....google.com%2F

Old 10-30-2019, 02:20 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Oh wait.

Hm.

The ship was due to leave PR at 8:30pm. If I recall correctly, the accident happened around 5pm.

It looks pretty obvious in the investigation photo that the window appears open at night:

Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Should he really "get away with" only the heartache? YES. That is a lifetime punishment and one he will never get over.
Oh, please, stop with the drama, all of you who are utterly convinced you know what is in this man's heart. You don't.

If he was really so destroyed by his negligent actions, there were plenty of places where he could have simply jumped overboard. The fact is, he didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events