Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times

Advertisements

At first I did feel sympathy for him, now after that interview, screw him, prosecute and if evidence demonstrates, convict.

He cannot even accept responsibility, blame the cruise line is his way of thinking. Hey genius, you are the one that violated the safety device and put the kid up there, not the cruise line.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:33 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,032 times
In an interview, the grandfather said he was color blind. I thought when I heard that, okay you're color blind, but still you can touch to make sure the window was closed and safe before letting your granddaughter "bang" on the glass, which wasn't there.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
At first I did feel sympathy for him, now after that interview, screw him, prosecute and if evidence demonstrates, convict.

He cannot even accept responsibility, blame the cruise line is his way of thinking. Hey genius, you are the one that violated the safety device and put the kid up there, not the cruise line.
Is this family just on a loop blaming Royal Caribbean because they can't or won't face the fact that the grandfather was careless, he didn't do it on purpose, but he was not thinking and just plain careless. Maybe, the parents are being led by the ambulance chaser who makes it easier for them to think that it is Royal Caribbean's fault, and also the money probably makes them feel a little better, but it will never bring back their child. That is blood money. The truth is that it is the grandfather's fault 100% and he should have just told the truth but maybe he thinks that the money will help the parents forgive him because on some level they know the truth but can't deal with it. Easier to blame the fall guy Royal Caribbean with the deeper pockets.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 AM

12,061 posts, read 10,267,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I believe he knew the glass was missing but I don't think he should be prosecuted. If an investigation finds him to be at fault, I think it should be made public and left at that.

I also think someone needs to evaluate his ability to drive or perform other actions where risk is assumed. Whatever story you believe - glass or no glass - he exhibits poor judgment. He should have known better than to put her on a railing, let her bang on glass, lean forward without holding on to her better, etc. He had so many opportunities to stop and rethink what he was doing. Very sad.
The banging on the glass is strange.

At the hocky rink that is expected? They probably have shatter proof faux glass. Why try to do the same thing here - a whole different environment.

I read elsewhere that he refuses a breathalizer?

Old 11-26-2019, 10:54 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,286,731 times
I think in the cases of some of these deaths caused by a loved one, there really is no point in prosecuting. The continued defense by the family irritates me. They need to admit they used bad judgement and quit placing the blame elsewhere.

My husband is red/green colorblind. He uses other parts of his vision that I don't. He actually can discern gradients in texture/color than I can not. He recognizes visual patterns better. I'm not buying grandpa's defense.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
I read part of an interview where he said he thought she had fallen in front of him.

Is this guy blind?? How do you not notice a kid fall out of a window as you HOLD her. Seriously.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:57 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,120 times
To the people who have been saying that it is fairly common and/or easy to walk into a closed glass door, thinking it's open. Okay, I can see that. But how easy is it to just stand in front of a glass door and think it's open? Once you stand there for a moment, you're pretty quick to realize whether it's open or closed.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I read part of an interview where he said he thought she had fallen in front of him so he looked down to the floor for her.

Is this guy blind?? How do you not notice a kid fall out of a window as you HOLD her. Seriously.
That part I was totally confused? WHAT?!?!? He said he was looking on the floor for her and then saw her dropping - was he not looking, how do you miss a child from your vision if you were watching her? And, he refused a breathalyzer - why? I thought he didn't drink so what is there to be afraid of?

Old 11-26-2019, 11:08 AM

7,078 posts, read 4,521,984 times
If he wouldn’t do the breathalyzer they should have taken his blood. They have a ship doctor. He is either a moron or has dementia which I doubt since he still has a good job.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:23 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I think in the cases of some of these deaths caused by a loved one, there really is no point in prosecuting. The continued defense by the family irritates me. They need to admit they used bad judgement and quit placing the blame elsewhere.

My husband is red/green colorblind. He uses other parts of his vision that I don't. He actually can discern gradients in texture/color than I can not. He recognizes visual patterns better. I'm not buying grandpa's defense.
Yeah, I kind of wonder about that defense. Is there any type of color blindness that prevents you from being able to tell there are two different shades next to each other, even if you can't tell what shades they are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events