Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 07:51 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
she claims she was "policed" because of her race.
Tacky thot is a race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 PM

50 posts, read 25,971 times
Yes, an obese woman half naked is inappropriate on an airline, regardless of her profession. In fact, it's inappropriate just about anywhere. Isn't that common sense? It used to be...

Old 07-13-2019, 09:08 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So? People handle things in different ways. Personally, I don't get why silly women sit online all the time Googling the names of total strangers.

The flight was a short hop in a hot climate. What a non-issue.

My point was that she looked pretty good in her lab coast, since it seemed too much of a stretch for you to imagine her in one.
why so touchy? Nice ASSumption. She asked a legit question as to why the victim/race card must always be played.
I take it this situation struck a nerve. Are you the type that can;t wait to play victim online for $$ and SJW points? Sounds like it. Personally, I don't get why silly women sit online and lash out at anyone who has a different opinion from theirs. Sounds like you and the "Doctor" love being the victim! Hit the treadmill chubs!!

Old 07-13-2019, 09:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Dr. of funk? Really? Wow...

She was on vacation. Who dresses professionally while on a beach vacation? I know I sure don't. What I wear on vacation has nothing to do with my abilities as a teacher, and I doubt it has anything to do with her abilities as a doctor.

It's gross that a woman's professionalism is judged by what we wear while on vacation.
While I agree there wasn't anything wrong with her outfit, WHY are you so upset that not everyone agrees that she is blameless? People of all backgrounds are unfairly judged and hassled for less than this every day- Is she MORE of a victim due to her race and gender-making her more equal than others

Old 07-13-2019, 09:53 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
I'm going to bring this up again:

https://doyouremember.com/98848/woma...-golden-corral

Woman Claims She Was Kicked Out Of Golden Corral For Dressing “Too Provocatively”

Old 07-13-2019, 09:54 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Tacky thot is a race?
See post #155

Old 07-14-2019, 04:02 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Googling her name, it appears she does "trauma counseling" sometimes with canines, sounds pretty much like a life coach, in a business she owns.

She no longer submits payments to insurance, (read, insurance doesn't pay for her services) but will provide itemized bills so that her patients can advocate for themselves with their providers.

Um hm. I was just really struggling to picture her in a lab coat with a stethoscope around her neck.
Counselors don’t wear lab coats nor use stethoscopes

Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Poor taste but not indecent IMO.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:09 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I also agree the complaint is race related
There is no evidence to support that view.

Quote:
Unfortunately black women are generally perceived as dressing provocatively really often in many outfits.
First, there is no evidence to support that view.

Second, in the bolded text above, you use the passive voice, which begs the question, just who is it that is doing this perceiving? Please repost using the active voice "Unfortunately XXX generally perceive black women as dressing provocatively..."

Now be specific: Who, exactly, is XXX?

Third, this is about one specific person and that person's choices. It is not about something as nebulous and non-homogenous as "black women" in general.

Quote:
The flight attendants have been socialized this way as well.
You're retreating to the passive voice again in the bolded text. Exactly who has been doing this evil socializing to which you refer? Give us a name. Be specific.

Quote:
It is not uncommon to see non-black women in similarly “skimpy” outfits, or worse and no complaints are made.
First, there is no evidence to support that view.

Second, you're using the passive voice again when you assert "no complaints are made." Who is it, precisely, who is failing to complain?

Quote:
There is a wardrobe double stand for body shape and race. And that is what this woman is accusing AA of perpetuating.
The passive voice again. WHO has this double standard of which you speak? Where is the evidence?

Old 07-14-2019, 09:19 AM

22 posts, read 10,055 times
Saw the pictures. She looked fine. Of course she thought it was racist.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events