Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 11:04 PM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Key word there “my guess”. The evidence that she was issued an apology, a refund, and a promise that airline employees would be retrained is all evidence that she was not the one out of line.
No, that's not evidence she wasn't out of line, that's evidence that the airline wants to get the matter out of the news and put behind them as quickly as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 11:04 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Her first mistake was wearing that outfit to Jamaica. Jamaicans would not be impress with her style. Many of them were probably offended. But they didn't have any authority, so they just let it slide. But eventually her luck ran out and she ran into people who did have authority, and they exercised their authority. End of story.
And how do you know what type of clothing Jamaicans are offended by? Are you Jamaican? Do you live there?

I looked up the official Visit Jamaica Instagram account. And you know what I saw? Local Jamaican women wearing strapless rompers and other collarbone bearing outfits. So if even local women wear a very similar outfit, I doubt many are offended. A few might be, just as there seem to be a few people in America offended by such an outfit. But I wouldn't let such outrage dictate what everyone should wear in the US, so I don't see why that logic should apply to Jamaica...

Old 07-21-2019, 11:24 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,128,060 times
The outfit looks perfectly fine for going from one hot spot to another. On island flights and hoppers, people are dressed about as casually as it gets. No one pays any attention, so I don’t get what the fuss is about.

When you’re on a holiday in the islands, that nice mellow island feeling comes over you and just about everything is fine. No one should have looked twice at this lady. She was completely covered, although if it had been a string bikini, different story.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:10 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Her first mistake was wearing that outfit to Jamaica. Jamaicans would not be impress with her style. Many of them were probably offended.
9 Fashion Forward Jamaican Women.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:26 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
LOL. I'm not understanding this notion about Jamaicans having strict dress codes.
Where is this coming from?

Old 07-21-2019, 01:56 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I’m sure seeing a trend lately of “full figured” women wearing tight spandex type clothing. Personally I find it gross when I can see every single fat roll and crease, and the seam gets eaten up by the person’s butt crack.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:26 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I’m sure seeing a trend lately of “full figured” women wearing tight spandex type clothing. Personally I find it gross when I can see every single fat roll and crease, and the seam gets eaten up by the person’s butt crack.
Apparently it's a popular look. Just look at all of the women aspiring to be "thick" nowadays.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Then don't look. Seems simple enough. Curvy women are not a side show act for you to stare at.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
LOL. I'm not understanding this notion about Jamaicans having strict dress codes.
Where is this coming from?
It seems like some people think this is how Jamaicans dress everyday.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
The outfit looks perfectly fine for going from one hot spot to another. On island flights and hoppers, people are dressed about as casually as it gets. No one pays any attention, so I don’t get what the fuss is about.

When you’re on a holiday in the islands, that nice mellow island feeling comes over you and just about everything is fine. No one should have looked twice at this lady. She was completely covered, although if it had been a string bikini, different story.
If you there was a medical emergency and if they wanted a doctor onboard, it woyld have been hard to believe with that clothing.

It is hard to get imagine our doctor dress THAT way even if it's a vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events