Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:59 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times

Advertisements

It's unfortunate, seems quite often we read of yet another attack on fast food employees.

This incident reminded me of something I experienced many years ago at a local Costco store. I was standing behind this guy at the food court, and the guy apparently handed the lady a 20 dollar bill which she used one of those markers to check it. This triggered the guy, and he started getting very hostile towards her.

After that incident, I'm always wary that someone would be triggered by the mere act of large bills being double checked.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/su...tion/966175187

Quote:
Police are trying to track down a man after a local college student said she was attacked while working at a Subway in University City.

Haven Neal told Channel 9 that she was taken to a hospital for stitches after a customer punched her in the mouth at the restaurant on University City Boulevard.

Neal, who is a student at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, said it started like any other transaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdOjUk3T6nA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 05:17 AM

8,090 posts, read 12,819,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's unfortunate, seems quite often we read of yet another attack on fast food employees.

This incident reminded me of something I experienced many years ago at a local Costco store. I was standing behind this guy at the food court, and the guy apparently handed the lady a 20 dollar bill which she used one of those markers to check it. This triggered the guy, and he started getting very hostile towards her.

After that incident, I'm always wary that someone would be triggered by the mere act of large bills being double checked.
Some people have no self control. I witnessed a man make an @ss of himself over being delayed boarding an airplane because there was a minor issue with his ticket. He literally had one person board ahead of him (Me) due to this delay. He made a scene at the gate and continued to gripe and moan about it after he was seated. He was nasty to the flight attendant even though she had nothing to do with it. He seemed like a rage machine.

Old 07-13-2019, 06:14 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
That was kind of an odd news piece - maybe it was caught on video surveillance in the store? It's a tiny store. It was on video or it wasn't. Seems to me, for the good of the story, the manager might be contacted so the video could be shown to the public? Also, that girl REALLY needed stitches in her lip. *warning, graphic image of her inner lip, if you're trying to eat breakfast*

Old 07-16-2019, 08:53 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,759,954 times
I was working at a grocery store one night and some ladies came up to me scared out of their whits about some guy who lost his marbles in the bottle return. So I tried getting a hold of the management and they were no where to be found. So I marched over there to see what's going on and sure enough he was throwing bottles at the machine screaming and cussing. So I laid in him and he about wet himself. I have about a foot and a hundred pounds on most people so I don't get to worried about people trying anything.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,855,583 times
Poor kid. I can't believe that's not on video. They need the public's help to catch that creep.

As an aside, I've never been to a Subway, but apparently there are no dedicated cashiers. Sandwich-makers also handle money while ringing up sales--and clean spit off counters. Yuck.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:05 PM

7,083 posts, read 8,963,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
As an aside, I've never been to a Subway, but apparently there are no dedicated cashiers. Sandwich-makers also handle money while ringing up sales--and clean spit off counters. Yuck.
I hope this is not true, I worked at a Kmart for a short time and we had a little Caesar’s in the store and no one was allowed to handle food after handling money without washing hands first, money is covered in pathogens.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:05 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,054,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I have about a foot and a hundred pounds on most people so I don't get to worried about people trying anything.
Until some maniac has a knife or worse. Be careful getting involved in public meltdowns.

Being bigger doesn't always help. Think prison rules.

Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,759,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Until some maniac has a knife or worse. Be careful getting involved in public meltdowns.

Being bigger doesn't always help. Think prison rules.
That's always in the back of my mind, but in this situation he was elderly, and in a store scooter so my odds were pretty good

Old 07-19-2019, 10:38 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
I think their dope is spiked just like I think the raving lunatics' dope in Hollywood is spiked.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:21 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,311,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I marched over there to see what's going on and sure enough he was throwing bottles at the machine screaming and cussing. So I laid in him and he about wet himself. I have about a foot and a hundred pounds on most people so I don't get to worried about people trying anything.
And you think can't get the living hell beat out of you?
A smart person would look directly at your knees and salivate.

Fast food is a tough gig. That's why its encouraged just to do it for a little while until you can improve your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events