Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 04:02 AM

13 posts, read 8,330 times

Advertisements

Great comment Wasel! It baffles me how naive people are.

Just some further points:

a) There is no “suspect” because the story was fabricated.

b) If this is such a “solid” family, why would they be willing to be co-conspirators towards a lie? Was I brought up wrong or is not one of the prerequisites to being a well - grounded, moral family, is the willingness to be honest in their affairs and consider the end results of their actions?

c) If their mom was actually “crazy” and prone to delusional stories and behavior, why would the family agree to be enablers to any mistruths that she may come up with? Why would they agree to sit before the media and basically become confederates to her story?

d) I don’t even want to think about C! LOL

e) If the story was known to be a fabrication, how could this “solid” family not take into account how damaging it is to spread fear and panic within the community.

f) Some people on this site ask what financial harm has been done if the family has returned almost all of the donations? Almost all? How kind of them to decide only on stealing part of the money!

g) How is this possibly still a “feel good story” when its genesis is based on a lie!

h) Doesn’t the Sherriff’s Department have a responsibility to announce whether the story itself is, in fact, true or false?

i) Never, ever underestimate how f*cked up and narcistic a family can actually be, despite their outward appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 05:39 AM

23,932 posts, read 33,800,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtN View Post

b) If this is such a “solid” family, why would they be willing to be co-conspirators towards a lie. Was I brought up wrong or is not one of the prerequisites to being a well - grounded, moral family, is the willingness to be honest in their affairs and consider the end results of their actions.

c) If their mom was actually “crazy” and prone to delusional stories and behavior, why would the family agree to be enablers to any mistruths that she may come up with? Why would they agree to sit before the media and basically become confederates to her story?

e) If the story was known to be a fabrication, how could this “solid” family not take into account how damaging it is to spread fear and panic within the community.

f) Some people on this site ask what financial harm has been done if the family has returned almost all of the donations? Almost all? How kind of them to decide only on stealing part of the money!

g) How is this possibly still a “feel good story” when its genesis is based on a lie!

h) Doesn’t the Sherriff’s Department have a responsibility to announce whether the story itself is, in fact, true or false?

i) Never, ever underestimate how f*cked up and narcistic a family can actually be, despite their outward appearance.
A makes the most sense. I think she some how got lost, didn't want to admit it.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:20 AM

1,210 posts, read 897,381 times
Quote:
”that’s a nice shaved ***** I’ve never had me one of those...

I mean... who the hell talks about their mom in that fashion? Wouldn't you have some other way to describe the statement?
That's exactly what I thought when I read it too. It's possible but wow. And the mom would have had to have used those exact words to her family....kind of hard to digest....

Old 07-24-2019, 08:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,214,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
That's exactly what I thought when I read it too. It's possible but wow. And the mom would have had to have used those exact words to her family....kind of hard to digest....
maybe he mistook the neatly coiffured dog for a cat

Old 07-24-2019, 08:42 AM

1,210 posts, read 897,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
maybe he mistook the neatly coiffured dog for a cat
Jim Healy, That's your lowest shot EVAH!

Old 07-24-2019, 04:14 PM

1,153 posts, read 571,448 times
Quote:
Here is an original posting by the son on Facebook:

My mom was waiting for my dad to back up the Jeep and was peeing behind a tree when a middle aged man with a knife came up and said ”that’s a nice shaved ***** I’ve never had me one of those...you’re gonna do what I want or I’m gonna take my knife to your dog.”

I mean... who the hell talks about their mom in that fashion? Wouldn't you have some other way to describe the statement?

I'm telling you... the whole family makes about as much sense, as a soup sandwich! Their all nuts... their probably in debt... they probably think that they are much more cunning than they are.

In fact, they all seem pretty stupid.

They should throw them all in jail simply for coming up with asinine comments and descriptions.

I am 100% sure that they are trying to "**** on our legs and tell us its raining"!
Obviously it's not possible to know for sure whether the story was fake or not.

But having grown up in a narcissistic family (one that looked great from the outside but was rotten on the inside) I can tell you that just because this family are upper middle-class, have good jobs, are educated, seem to have lots of money etc. does not mean anything. I agree with you on that.

It is truly bizarre for her to tell her children word for word what the attacker said about her lady bits and then for the son to consider it appropriate to post on social media. I just think the whole affair is strange and the story doesn't hang together right. I'd be willing to bet money there was no attacker and she got lost (and maybe lost her mind a little over the whole incident).

Old 07-25-2019, 07:06 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,249,958 times
Quote:

b) If this is such a “solid” family, why would they be willing to be co-conspirators towards a lie? Was I brought up wrong or is not one of the prerequisites to being a well - grounded, moral family, is the willingness to be honest in their affairs and consider the end results of their actions?

j) Also never, ever underestimate the influence of the allure of social media fame and fortune in such cases.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
The pads are edible, if you de-spine them (not that easy, no matter how many youtube videos show someone removing spines with a rock), and cut off the tough parts with a knife, then cook them. They're commonly eaten in Mexican cuisine. But if you smashed one with a rock you would just have a thin, tough, spiny, smashed cactus pad.

https://www.wikihow.com/Eat-Prickly-Pear-Cactus

If she were truly an experienced hiker, she would know that she can go weeks or even months without eating as long as she has water, which she claimed she did, so it's not too credible that she would consume incorrectly prepared cactus.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:36 AM

114 posts, read 113,359 times
Just became aware of this case as I've been traveling -

wow, just wow, at all the deranged, hateful, base comments here. I can see all the fast food grease dripping down the stained t-shirts of the misogynist basement dwellers and all the sad housewives that get no more attention from their 'hubbies' and are envious someone nearly got some action: "get a life" would be the only advice to those who attack and blame the victim here.

To all the armchair basement outdoor expert "Crocodile Dundees" out there (I'm sure YOU'd be real glorious Rambos in this kind of situation):
clearly, you're not aware that many persons who get lost outdoors or become attacked (and this case there're both scenarios together) experience the state of shock. A person who's normally of clear mind, who been in the state of shock, may not be able to clearly recall all, most or even any events that had occurred during the traumatic ordeal.
Photorobot of the attacker may not be possible to make because the victim *may not be able to recall their facial features at all*. This is not uncommon!
It's also not uncommon for a lost person in a state of shock to cross a well-marked trail, for example, or bypass other signs of humans, without realizing they did or not to remember much of what they were doing; it's also common to do very irrational things and lose the sensation of pain (hence easily grabbing prickly pears). I don't need to detail various instances of this which I came across in real life over the years, and this is also common knowledge.

I watched her interviews and there's nothing, zero, nada, none unusual about her manner of speech: completely typical for upper-middle class SoCal woman.
There're a lot of weirdos out there in those nature areas, what happened doesn't surprise me a bit. And it's easy to forget very recent things like how a crazy guy was stalking and scaring people over the years around Malibu Canyon area and how police was dismissing it and keeping hush hush (they're getting sued for endangerement now I believe), which culminated in a guy being shot to death, as he slept in his tent in public campground (the father who went camping with small kids).
If I were the family, I'd 100% sue for slander.

Last edited by sierranevada1; 08-13-2019 at 08:57 AM..

Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada1 View Post
Just became aware of this case as I've been traveling -

wow, just wow, at all the deranged, hateful, base comments here. I can see all the fast food grease dripping down the stained t-shirts of the misogynist basement dwellers and all the sad housewives that get no more attention from their 'hubbies' and are envious someone nearly got some action: "get a life" would be the only advice to those who attack and blame the victim here.

To all the armchair basement outdoor expert "Crocodile Dundees" out there (I'm sure YOU'd be real glorious Rambos in this kind of situation):
clearly, you're not aware that many persons who get lost outdoors or become attacked (and this case there're both scenarios together) experience the state of shock. A person who's normally of clear mind, who been in the state of shock, may not be able to clearly recall all, most or even any events that had occurred during the traumatic ordeal.
Photorobot of the attacker may not be possible to make because the victim *may not be able to recall their facial features at all*. This is not uncommon!
It's also not uncommon for a lost person in a state of shock to cross a well-marked trail, for example, or bypass other signs of humans, without realizing they did or not to remember much of what they were doing; it's also common to do very irrational things and lose the sensation of pain (hence easily grabbing prickly pears). I don't need to detail various instances of this which I came across in real life over the years, and this is also common knowledge.

I watched her interviews and there's nothing, zero, nada, none unusual about her manner of speech: completely typical for upper-middle class SoCal woman.
There're a lot of weirdos out there in those nature areas, what happened doesn't surprise me a bit. And it's easy to forget very recent things like how a crazy guy was stalking and scaring people over the years around Malibu Canyon area and how police was dismissing it and keeping hush hush (they're getting sued for endangerement now I believe), which culminated in a guy being shot to death, as he slept in his tent in public campground (the father who went camping with small kids).
If I were the family, I'd 100% sue for slander.
Is that YOU, Sheryl? It's called freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events