Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2019, 07:33 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,259,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
For all the talk about the bald assailant not wearing a hat, I'm more interested in how some 50-year-old guy, who many seem to think must be living out in the hills, is bald. My husband is 50 and shaves his head daily. If he didn't, he'd have stubble, and eventually, actual hair. A 50-year-old man living in the great outdoors is gonna have at least some hair on his head and face. Or are we to believe that he shaves regularly out there?
there are lots of imaginary barber shops out in the desert that he could visit regularly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 07:41 AM

7,281 posts, read 7,171,147 times
Quote:
For all the talk about the bald assailant not wearing a hat, I'm more interested in how some 50-year-old guy, who many seem to think must be living out in the hills, is bald. My husband is 50 and shaves his head daily. If he didn't, he'd have stubble, and eventually, actual hair. A 50-year-old man living in the great outdoors is gonna have at least some hair on his head and face. Or are we to believe that he shaves regularly out there?
Well while I don't believe the attacker story at all, I did know a guy from college who was bald by the time he was 30ish. He started getting a receding hairline before graduation and had Gallagher hair soon after.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:13 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,411,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Really? Maybe 60-year-olds who are pretty sedentary are down to two meals a day, but I'd be surprised if many of the athletic ones are eating so little. Four of my siblings are 59 or older, and they and their spouses are still eating three hearty meals a day. They're all thin and physically active too, as far as that goes.

I'm in agreement about the water. It's certainly more important than food. The amount of water you can get from prickly pear cactus is rather minimal considering the effort it takes to get it into an edible form. The stream/spring/stagnant pond, whatever it was, may not have been as good-tasting as she claimed and she may have been trying not to drink too much of it for fear of getting sick. So dehydration was the real worry, over that length of time.
My husband's aunt only eats one meal per day.

Heck I'm young and I often only eat two meals per day. I snack a lot but I am not hungry when I wake up so I don't bother. I think if I was in the woods for a few days I could easily go without food for awhile if I had some water to drink.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM

1,938 posts, read 2,177,561 times
Quote:

This is easily believable for me. My spouse is in his 40s and is completely bald. He doesn't shave and hasn't for a long time. His father is exactly the same way.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM

14,451 posts, read 11,950,455 times
There is no question the man wasn't living in the hills. As has been stated, the area completely lacks food and water. At the very least, someone would regularly be bringing in supplies to the hermit, or he'd be making at least weekly trips down to "town" in his truck. In either case, he'd be known to the rangers. And no signs of human habitation were found by the searchers anywhere--no trash, sleeping bag, etc.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:22 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,179,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
This is easily believable for me. My spouse is in his 40s and is completely bald. He doesn't shave and hasn't for a long time. His father is exactly the same way.
I stand corrected!

Old 07-19-2019, 11:42 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,451,304 times
When we do our 72 mile hike from Lake Okeechobee to the ocean I don’t eat nearly as much as I usually do. It’s just not efficient.

But after we do chow down!

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 07-19-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 12:34 PM

23,952 posts, read 33,883,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Her husband’s head looks burned ...

Now there’s a 69 year old woman missing since Friday in the Mohave. https://people.com/human-interest/wo...-hike-husband/
Not much on google for her. Make a thread.

Barbara Thomas last seen on July 12

Husband of missing bikini-clad hiker says cops view him as prime suspect

Quote:
The husband of an Arizona woman who vanished while hiking with him in California last week said authorities consider him a prime suspect in the case.

'Yes, I took a polygraph test, they told me I was being deceptive," he said. "I know that polygraphs aren't 100 percent and I hadn't had any sleep."

Old 07-19-2019, 12:38 PM

102,453 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Ugh. But there have already been search parties out there. It's not easy to hide or dispose of a dead body out there. If he dug a grave, it would most likely be visible, even if he tried to cover it with whatever rocks and debris are around.

Another mystery.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM

23,952 posts, read 33,883,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ugh. But there have already been search parties out there. It's not easy to hide or dispose of a dead body out there. If he dug a grave, it would most likely be visible, even if he tried to cover it with whatever rocks and debris are around.

Another mystery.
I'll be shocked if she was even with him. Hopefully they track his cell and look for local video to see if they see the camper. Should search his credit card too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events