Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 04:42 AM

23,934 posts, read 33,800,120 times

Advertisements

I don't think the cake is done well at all. The hand writing size is not consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Don't their cake boxes have a clear lid? Whoever picked up the cake must have seen the design before paying. Even if they could only see part of the came it was clearly not a Moana cake.
That's what I say too. Why wasn't the bad design noticed and redone? Not that hard to pull it all off, redo the top and put what's supposed to be there or grab a new cake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 06:34 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,779,821 times
I hardly think a 25 year old woman is going to be traumatized over a marijuana themed cake. This happening in a small town in the deep south however, may both explain the misunderstanding(due to accent) and the over reaction on the part of the mother. "Reefer madness" still dictates many people's views on marijuana in small town deep south.

Firing the cake maker was an over reaction and I'm glad to see she was offered her job back.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

35,988 posts, read 18,271,228 times
Did anyone know Dairy Queen makes custom order cakes?

All attention is good attention, as they say in business.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,514,169 times
Here's a closer look at that cake. I love it! Why can't cool stuff like this happen in MY family?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9756469&type=3

Old 07-15-2019, 07:15 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,400,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
I hardly think a 25 year old woman is going to be traumatized over a marijuana themed cake. This happening in a small town in the deep south however, may both explain the misunderstanding(due to accent) and the over reaction on the part of the mother. "Reefer madness" still dictates many people's views on marijuana in small town deep south.

Firing the cake maker was an over reaction and I'm glad to see she was offered her job back.

The woman wasn't traumatized. She found it funny---that's why she posted it. She didn't post to complain about it. And the mother didn't overreact.

Quote:
“The manager stood behind me while I pulled the images off the internet,†Walker said to USA Today. “She walked by as I decorated the cake. As I boxed the cake up, she was the one who walked it up to the front.â€

“Our cake decorator designed a cake based on what she thought she heard the customer order. When the customer picked it up and said it was not what she ordered, we immediately apologized for the error and offered to redesign it the way she originally intended. The customer said it was fine, paid for the cake and left,†one of the Dairy Queen owners, Al Autry, said to USA Today.
I wouldn't take the job offer back either. Sounds like a set-up.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:25 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,099,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
The words sound enough alike that I could see it happening especially with someone especially someone tuned into that culture.

That theme should have been rejected based on Dairy Queen being a family place. I don't think she should have been fired if the manager approved it.

The way I'm understanding the story, it was the manager who misheard the word.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:30 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,099,483 times
I can totally see how the 2 words could sound alike.

This would be SOOO funny, if not for the fact someone got fired over it.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:22 AM

10,998 posts, read 7,540,694 times
The cake design looks very amateurish, but the piping is nice.
I can totally hear the order being placed. "Mah dotter jes loooves mo-ah-nah."

Old 07-15-2019, 08:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,161,809 times
That is one stoned pony. I love it!

Now here in Colorado, you could have gotten more than you bargained for but it sounds like Mom needs to chill anyway ...

Old 07-15-2019, 09:09 AM

23,934 posts, read 33,800,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
The cake design looks very amateurish, but the piping is nice.
I can totally hear the order being placed. "Mah dotter jes loooves mo-ah-nah."
Agree. Someone doing cakes for a year should have done a lot better. It looks like 3 different people did the writing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't think the cake is done well at all. The hand writing size is not consistent.

That's what I say too. Why wasn't the bad design noticed and redone? Not that hard to pull it all off, redo the top and put what's supposed to be there or grab a new cake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events