Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:42 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,714,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Does anyone else wonder about a Disney movie cake for someone turning 25?

Weird thing is, in my neighborhood, just this past weekend, there were two big balloons a big 3 and a big 0 and a bunch of Moana balloons birthday balloons too. I am guessing Moana is a "thing" for people who are no longer kids? I don't know. Unless it was for a 3-year-old and they felt the need to make it "03" for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 12:51 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Unless it was for a 3-year-old and they felt the need to make it "03" for some reason.
That's funny.

Maybe "Moana" has a cult following.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:15 PM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I understand that but after a year of doing cakes, I'd think she'd be better at writing on cakes.
How many custom cake do you think DQ does in a year in Milledgeville, GA?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Figured better to add this on here vs making another topic about it.. Didn't see it talked about earlier in this topic.. perhaps these places making cakes should be spelling things back?

https://www.wyff4.com/article/mom-st...loser/28480546

Gotta hand it to the parents for not freaking out and having a sense of humor about it. The kids' facial expression in the picture is priceless as well.
Dont people inspect their cakes before paying for them and taking them home?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,097,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How many custom cake do you think DQ does in a year in Milledgeville, GA?
They write on the cakes even if they're not custom made. We got my dad a DQ cake for Father's Day, and it had "Happy Father's Day" written on it. Or we've gotten birthday cakes, and when you take it to the counter you ask "Can you write "Happy Birthday Jane" on this cake?"

Quote:
Dont people inspect their cakes before paying for them and taking them home?
But then how will they get their 15 minutes of fame if they say something while still in the store instead of posting it on social media when they get home?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They write on the cakes even if they're not custom made. We got my dad a DQ cake for Father's Day, and it had "Happy Father's Day" written on it. Or we've gotten birthday cakes, and when you take it to the counter you ask "Can you write "Happy Birthday Jane" on this cake?"
Thats 1.
Maybe I am wrong but DQ doesn't do that many custom cakes (I know our local DQ doesn't) and they are done by the same employees who cook the burgers, make the blizzards and run the cash register. I'm not sure why anyone feels a person working at DQ for a year should be a master cake decorator. I thought the cake was good for DQ.

Quote:
But then how will they get their 15 minutes of fame if they say something while still in the store instead of posting it on social media when they get home?
Exactly!
Check the cake before you take it home or shut up about it.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:25 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 28 days ago)

16,159 posts, read 21,320,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Weird thing is, in my neighborhood, just this past weekend, there were two big balloons a big 3 and a big 0 and a bunch of Moana balloons birthday balloons too. I am guessing Moana is a "thing" for people who are no longer kids? I don't know. Unless it was for a 3-year-old and they felt the need to make it "03" for some reason.
Go to a disney forum sometime, I think you'd be amazed at how many women are still disney fans as adults. My daughter is in her thirties and still likes disney and while she's well past disney cakes and such, she will still occasionally listen to music from the movies. I guess it's some childhood nostalgia thing.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:27 PM

51,338 posts, read 37,022,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Does anyone else wonder about a Disney movie cake for someone turning 25?
I do t think that’s an issue at all. My brother always called his daughter Princess and she still loves Disney princesses even with kids of her own now. And my brother still calls her princess too.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Thats 1.
Maybe I am wrong but DQ doesn't do that many custom cakes (I know our local DQ doesn't) and they are done by the same employees who cook the burgers, make the blizzards and run the cash register. I'm not sure why anyone feels a person working at DQ for a year should be a master cake decorator. I thought the cake was good for DQ.

Exactly!
Check the cake before you take it home or shut up about it.
They didn’t complain about the cake. Who should have shut up? The customer thought the cake was funny.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:

They never complained about the cake as is clear if people would read the article. They thought it was funny and posted a pic for family and friends. It went viral. Dairy Queen heard about it or saw it and fired the girl. Later they realized they over reacted especially since customer did not complain, and they offered her job back, which she declined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events