Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 07:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,629,434 times

Advertisements

That scumbag deserves a life of misery, however these current charges play out.

Those who mistreat animals, especially babies like kittens, go straight to the top of my personal sh*t list.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:23 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,791,416 times
I won't open the link but many serial killers started out torturing animals. Many of the people who become mass shooters abused animals. There is a proven link between animal abuse and domestic violence and the commission of other crimes. I'm too lazy to find the links to the studies that support these statements but they're out there if you google them.

We need to take animal cruelty seriously and have actual consequences like jail time. There needs to be a national register for animal abusers but there is a big segment of the population that just doesn't care. Preventing animal cruelty in addition to helping the animal will help prevent crimes against people.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:35 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,167,170 times
Exactly correct. The statistics are bone-chilling.
I, for one, don't want to reward any subhumans with "three hots and a cot", to and including animal abusers, child abusers, sex offenders, murderers. One right between the horns would take care of it and save the taxpayers millions.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:30 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,597,248 times
Many killers start out by torturing animals. The guy is a future serial killer.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 AM

51,222 posts, read 36,895,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
I won't open the link but many serial killers started out torturing animals. Many of the people who become mass shooters abused animals. There is a proven link between animal abuse and domestic violence and the commission of other crimes. I'm too lazy to find the links to the studies that support these statements but they're out there if you google them.

We need to take animal cruelty seriously and have actual consequences like jail time. There needs to be a national register for animal abusers but there is a big segment of the population that just doesn't care. Preventing animal cruelty in addition to helping the animal will help prevent crimes against people.
Just for those who think the link has some kind of gruesome pics or something, it's just a mug shot and a short article about how he was caught and his arrest.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:51 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,578,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
*****GRAPHIC*****

This cretin got many "for free" from January to May of this year, strangled them, stomped on them, then dismembered them at his home. Most of the torture is said to have taken place in a bathtub or on his patio.

Police were alerted after a neighbor saw him discarding a dead cat from a container filled with water. Neighborhood kids also reportedly came across mutilated/dismembered kittens, which adults thought had been victims of animal attacks. More were found buried on the property.

The poor things fought for their lives, too. Authorities noted that his arms were full of scratches,
Quote:
which he blamed on elderly patients at his place of employment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...raigslist.html

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/life...f3896126e.html
YIKES!! this monster works with elderly patients? I hope they are smart enough to fire him before he starts killing patients.

Poor kitties! I love all animals. I hate cruel people!

Old 08-15-2019, 01:06 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,437,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Cruelty toward animals may be an indication of an antisocial personality disorder.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12108563
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...animal-torture

It would be good if we had reliable ways to test for potential mental disorders during childhood so the kids can receive treatment before it starts to manifest.
"may be an indication"? There's no maybe about it.

To say treatment, even at an early age, is going "fix it" is wishful thinking at best..... and potentially dangerously naïve.

Old 08-16-2019, 10:59 AM

51,222 posts, read 36,895,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
"may be an indication"? There's no maybe about it.

To say treatment, even at an early age, is going "fix it" is wishful thinking at best..... and potentially dangerously naïve.
Yes, personality disorders (unlike mental illness as in bipolar, depression, and other chemically based disorders) do not usually respond to treatment. It's really more of a birth defect than a mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events