Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:57 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, let me try and get back to you!

SMH, people are that insane......wasp-spray!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 05:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Oh yeah, let me try and get back to you!

SMH, people are that insane......wasp-spray!
Carbona was big at one time as was tap magic (tapping fluid). Really. I hired some grads of the local Vo-tech and some of their friends and siblings killed a lot of brain cells sniffing that stuff.

When I was 13 my older bro brought me to a party where supposedly we were going to "make out" with one of the girls known as being loose. It was a glue-sniffing party! I did it once and it was pretty terrible....

There are some documentaries about Central America where some of the children are seen over and over again...sniffing glue. Many have no parents (for whatever, reason, maybe killed in gang violence, etc.)....and that is what they do. Live on the streets and sniff glue.

Terrible. What a world where we spend trillions to keep rich folks richer (oil, etc.) and don't insist on working to give everyone the very basics.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:49 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,216,835 times
Maybe one day a big ol' asteroid will come along and fix everything.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:25 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,940 times
Well at least these poor souls won't have to worry about being attacked by bee's... hey guess we better pass strict new insect spray control..yeah send out SWAT teams...

Old 07-22-2019, 09:36 AM

11,104 posts, read 9,748,456 times
The article referred to wasp spray as insect repellent. It's not a repellent, it's a pesticide, as in "kills them dead on contact". Sounds just like something I want to put in my body...NOT! Darwin at work again is all I can say.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:41 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,305,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's due to our perception of useful and productive......let me give a test which no one has to answer.....

If there is an office of 39 Realtors and a Broker and I add myself to the bunch, am I doing something productive?

If I figure out how to fool google, etc. and "make lots of money" from affiliate ads (Amazon, etc.), am I being "useful"?
(I know a lot of people doing this...and literally 100's of thousands are trying).

If I am a Pharma rep making 200+ a year walking into docs offices with high heels and leaving imprinted items as well as samples of my dangerous "3% better than placebo, but lots of side effects" drugs, am I productive? Useful?

If I sell nursing home "service policies" (fake insurance, which is legal in some states) to Grandma and all I have is a 4 person office to back them up, am I doing something useful?

I could go on, of course, but I would ask people to look around and consider what percentage of even working people do something useful....

Most people understand it's a game (or Club, as G. Carlin put it) and THEY AREN'T IN IT. Might as well get high in that case...
Your post seems to validate my personal opinion that the human race does not serve any useful purpose at all. In regard to the natural ecosystems all the human race does is destruction.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Well at least these poor souls won't have to worry about being attacked by bee's... hey guess we better pass strict new insect spray control..yeah send out SWAT teams...
I hope not. Some of us actually own property that is too attractive to wasps and yellow-jackets. I have a number of flowering crab apple and fruit producing trees and I battle those stinging insects every year. If they restrict wasp spray I'll have to call exterminators more frequently. I knock out at least two sometimes more, wasp queens every spring with the wasp spray and if it gets restricted then ....I'll have more colonies in the summers...

Old 07-27-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
The article referred to wasp spray as insect repellent. It's not a repellent, it's a pesticide, as in "kills them dead on contact". Sounds just like something I want to put in my body...NOT! Darwin at work again is all I can say.
Why can't we just let the stupid people be stupid if all they are harming is themselves? Sorry I have no more sympathy left for parents who raise stupid people.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I hope not. Some of us actually own property that is too attractive to wasps and yellow-jackets. I have a number of flowering crab apple and fruit producing trees and I battle those stinging insects every year. If they restrict wasp spray I'll have to call exterminators more frequently. I knock out at least two sometimes more, wasp queens every spring with the wasp spray and if it gets restricted then ....I'll have more colonies in the summers...
I do believe Watchman was making a joke, pun intended on the word SWAT.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:41 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
The original article was dated July 18th. It went on to state: "The local station reported Monday that stores in Boone County sold nearly 30 cans of wasp spray on Friday alone." We are approaching that time of the year where wasp, hornets, and yellow jackets are all over the place. Boon County WV's population is about 22,000. Is it possible that 30 different individuals, out of the 22,000, encountered bees in the middle of the summer?

While I am sure that somebody was stupid enough to try to use an insecticide to make drugs; is it as widespread as reported? Many of these sprays will kill bees on contact and I would think that would be a great reason not to press one's luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events