Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen a mention of the weight of this dog? I've only seen that it's 4 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 07:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
The gull was taking steroids, working out at Golds gym and hanging out with Chuck Norris..
Well, Chuck Norris - there you have it.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:37 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Some of those gulls in California are a lot bigger than the ones on the East Coast. I remember the first time I saw one and thinking it was huge! I had an East Coast gull try to steal a slice of pizza from me. It could only carry it about 200 feet before dropping it in the sand because it was too heavy. This dog attack happened in Pennsylvania so I am picturing smaller gulls in that area (which isn't even on the coast when you think about it. Although those gulls do go inland to dumpster dive).
Where did you get Pennsylvania from? This happened in a seaside town in the UK.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:40 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Has anyone seen a mention of the weight of this dog? I've only seen that it's 4 years old.

I haven't, but searching says teacup chihuahua's weigh three pounds or less. Since it was four-years-old, it should be fully grown.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:42 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Where did you get Pennsylvania from? This happened in a seaside town in the UK.

Hmmm, brain fart?

Yeah, you are right. I have no idea where I thought I read Pennsylvania.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:47 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Saw a guy catch a really big mackeral on a pier, around 2 feet long. He set it in a bucket. This big ol gull snagged it and proceeded to choke it down. It couldn't even eat it all the way with about 4 inches sticking out . Guy gave chase and the bird had to take off albatross style running down the pier to get room for air.

I'm sure it dropped the dog after a short try at flight.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 AM

723 posts, read 570,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

Just one of many reasons I prefer dogs that are big enough to protect me rather than the other way around.
I love my Dobermans, 75 pounds and up!

In my family, we have a saying: "If you have to bend over to pet it, it's a cat."

My friend (who prefers small dogs) says, "If you can't pick it up and carry it around with you, it's a pony."

Old 07-25-2019, 09:36 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Saw a guy catch a really big mackeral on a pier, around 2 feet long. He set it in a bucket. This big ol gull snagged it and proceeded to choke it down. It couldn't even eat it all the way with about 4 inches sticking out . Guy gave chase and the bird had to take off albatross style running down the pier to get room for air.

I'm sure it dropped the dog after a short try at flight.
Probably, I know the seagull that stole my son's baby bottle dropped it in the middle of the ocean. But as for the dog, I don't which option is worse.. being dropped, or being eaten.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:30 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
My guess is the Dog was dropped after some time. Of course, if it survived the fall, or was injured is anyone's guess.

I've lived on a beach before and dealt with Seagulls flying off with my stuff. They grab it in their beak and sometimes the item is big enough they can't even take off. They've stolen a steak off my grill before.

Now I live away from the shore and deal with Hawks divebombing my yard going after rabbits. I'll just be hanging out and WHUMP! and see the hawk take back to the sky with a rabbit or squirrel in claw.

Small dogs and cats disappearing is a big deal in my town due to the increase in hawk and coyote population. If I get a dog...it's gonna be a big one.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:46 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Here is a link on the story.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...huahua-suspect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events