Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 12:34 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I suspect others would have helped, especially after the assailant had fled, if the victim had been their same race.

The shocking thing here, again, to me, isn't the one assailant but the apathy of the bystanders.
Apathy and other self preservation techniques are a survival skill, that is learned at an early age in Violence prone areas. I'm sure the young White man was never taught these survival skills, and got out of his car just expecting to exchange Insurance info.

He was probably raised by foolish Liberal parents that taught him all people will treat you the same. They never taught him there were vicious predators out there, especially in certain areas of Detroit. He learned the last lesson of his life when he ran into this Michael Brown like character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 12:38 PM

50,913 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
I suspect others would have helped, especially after the assailant had fled, if the victim had been their same race.

The shocking thing here, again, to me, isn't the one assailant but the apathy of the bystanders.

There is no reason to think that. that's nuts. Like they would be on the same "team" as that guy, so they'd have risked their lives to help him. That is so racist a statement I am in shock. One person DID try to intervene, and failed, btw, and guess what, it was a black person.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apathy and other self preservation techniques are a survival skill, that is learned at an early age in Violence prone areas. I'm sure the young White man was never taught these survival skills, and got out of his car just expecting to exchange Insurance info.

He was probably raised by foolish Liberal parents that taught him all people will treat you the same. They never taught him there were vicious predators out there, especially in certain areas of Detroit. He learned the last lesson of his life when he ran into this Michael Brown like character.

Liberals do not teach their kids it's ok to go to ghettos at 2am.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Trump View Post
Believe it or not, but middle-class/suburban blacks sometimes do have to interact with 'ghetto' blacks.

BTW, I'm white and when I was a teen my father talked to me about how to deal with the police. Being respectful and keeping your emotions under control isn't all that difficult. Why is it for some? ... and we're not cop-lovers.

It;s much more than just being respectful. It;s about don't scratch your knows, sneeze, etc, etc, etc. If you really believe all cops treat everyone the same you have your head in the sand.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
And if you believe all people behave intelligently and docile with cops, you have your head in the sand.
Damn, the MSM/BLM/Left has done a great job of convincing you that it's open season for white cops on blacks.

I have seen too many incidents. Even one is too many. No one needed to convince me of anything, I'm not blind. In fact I first came to think races were treated differently 20-some years ago. Where I worked, an upper middle class area, we were on a busy 4 lane road, lots of stores, etc. Our parking lot seemed to be a favorite place to pull people over, and our front window was right there. I remember thinking how odd it was because it seemed like everyone this cop who had this beat pulled over was black. When probably less than 10% of the drivers on the road were black. I don't think black people are any worse drivers in general, so what is the reason for that?

That man who got shot just sitting in his car, who told the officer ahead of time he had a legal gun and a public carry permit, who was doing everything the officer told him to do...and got killed anyway, with his little girl in the back seat...that just doesn't happen to white people like it does to black people. It just doesn't.

They had 72 police officers on suspension in Philly and fired 13 of them because they had shockingly racist public posts on FB, etc. Posts about shooting first and asking questions later accompanied by pics of black people. Across the country, there were thousands of officers discovered to have posts like this. How anyone could believe that this attitude doesn't carry over into the real world in the way they deal with different races is in serious denial.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:15 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That man who got shot just sitting in his car, who told the officer ahead of time he had a legal gun and a public carry permit, who was doing everything the officer told him to do...and got killed anyway, with his little girl in the back seat...that just doesn't happen to white people like it does to black people. It just doesn't.
You are talking about the Castille case. Non-white cop, so his race never comes up in the media. Along the lines of George Zimmerman being portrayed as a white man, when his hereditary is Peruvian and African on his mom's side, clearly a Person of Color according to liberal views.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
More white people get shot by police.

That doesn't mean much. First off there are many more white people than black people, so only the percentages of each shot by police would count for anything. Second, that doesn't say if they were unarmed, running away, etc. It doesn't say anything, really.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You are talking about the Castille case. Non-white cop, so his race never comes up in the media. Along the lines of George Zimmerman being portrayed as a white man, when his hereditary is Peruvian and African on his mom's side, clearly a Person of Color according to liberal views.

I never said only white cops are racist. But police forces seem to be in many areas. But I am sure it would only take a few minutes to find many examples where the cops were white and shot, too. Most of the ones recently suspended for the racist posts were white as well.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:53 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,736 times
Quote:

I would say this is not about race.
Did the thug have someone in his car?
Was the person following the thug aggressively, make a traffic mistake that caused the crash?

Did the thug know the bystanders? if he did know them, they'd say he was soft.
Maybe the thug needed his car the next day or so.
Maybe it wasn't his car or was going to sell it.

Why this is not about race but still not an excuse for him. Check out Youtube videos of road rage in L.A. between latinos & latinos/blacks/whites, etc. If you are a real man and this person drives aggressively against you or the crash seriously messes up your life, you will be pissed even it were Dwayne "Rock" Johnson or Deebo. Your anger mgmt will get your ass beat by the Rock or Deebo but not by a skinny-jean wearing millennial.

I'm not trying to be insensitive but the lesson is to de-escalate the situation. The bystanders should have intervened but in poor neighborhoods that rarely happens. Take some MMA classes or carry a weapon if you're gonna drive in late morning hours. Society is more violent than the past. Don't believe it's all happy go lucky ride-sharing karaoke videos and people in tough areas are friendly.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:57 PM

231 posts, read 214,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again though why drive through a bad part of town at 2 AM? Maybe he was trying to buy drugs or something who knows.
That sounds dangerously close to victim blaming. If a woman is raped do you wonder if it was in part because of what she was wearing? Maybe he was buying drugs, maybe he was taking the most direct route home from volunteering at a homeless shelter. What does it matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events