Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 02:33 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,059,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Why?

Road rage happens in Southern California (where I'm from) all the time. The incidents that I see have zero to do with race, with the vast majority of them being white people punching/shooting/running over other white people. When you're enraged while driving a car, the color of a person's skin is the last thing people see.
This poor kid got killed by some deranged maniac and it's awful. But all they wanna talk about is race.

They don't care about this kid. They don't care about the story. They care about race.

Only on city data where the majority of posters are old, white, and Trump. Thankfully, I can watch it from afar.

It's quite sad.

It's a fact. Or to them, Fake News.

Last edited by Stoke; 07-26-2019 at 02:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:55 AM

231 posts, read 215,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
This poor kid got killed by some deranged maniac and it's awful. But all they wanna talk about is race.

They don't care about this kid. They don't care about the story. They care about race.

Only on city data where the majority of posters are old, white, and Trump. Thankfully, I can watch it from afar.

It's quite sad.

It's a fact. Or to them, Fake News.
Playing devils advocate... if a white guy shoots/beat a black kid to death we wouldn't be talking about race? I seem to remember something about a Zimmerman case and several police shootings...

You know for sure we would be talking about how race factors into that. We'd be hearing all about implicit racism, white privilege, stereotyping, etc... but, when it's the other way around. Nope, no way race has anything to do with it all, you guys are so racist for even thinking that. Move along nothing to see here. That's called a double standard.

Perhaps telling people of color that they are victims, that white people hate minorities on a level white people aren't even aware of and that they are owed something over and over is not a good idea. Perhaps hearing that makes some people of color more apt to view discriminating or committing violence against whites as justified or getting some payback but, we can't even talk about that because racism and Trump. Oh and look here this damn white boy just wrecked my car...

Perhaps that wasn't the case at all. Maybe it was just some guy having a bad day and he didn't mean to kill the kid I'm sure it happens but, if we can speculate on race every time a white commits a crime against a minority why is it not OK in this instance?

Old 07-26-2019, 06:13 AM

51,338 posts, read 37,022,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
In a perfect world that's reasonable. However, I wasn't born yesterday...
There’s no reason to think that that mentally ill person wouldn’t of beaten any one who hit him didn’t matter what the race was. Are you actually saying that black people are more likely to commit crimes against whites that other blacks? Because every statistic in the world proves otherwise.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:14 AM

51,338 posts, read 37,022,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
Playing devils advocate... if a white guy shoots/beat a black kid to death we wouldn't be talking about race? I seem to remember something about a Zimmerman case and several police shootings...

You know for sure we would be talking about how race factors into that. We'd be hearing all about implicit racism, white privilege, stereotyping, etc... but, when it's the other way around. Nope, no way race has anything to do with it all, you guys are so racist for even thinking that. Move along nothing to see here. That's called a double standard.

Perhaps telling people of color that they are victims, that white people hate minorities on a level white people aren't even aware of and that they are owed something over and over is not a good idea. Perhaps hearing that makes some people of color more apt to view discriminating or committing violence against whites as justified or getting some payback but, we can't even talk about that because racism and Trump. Oh and look here this damn white boy just wrecked my car...

Perhaps that wasn't the case at all. Maybe it was just some guy having a bad day and he didn't mean to kill the kid I'm sure it happens but, if we can speculate on race every time a white commits a crime against a minority why is it not OK in this instance?
I don’t think we speculate about race when a white person commits a crime against a black person, unless that person has something in his history that shows he has a vendetta against that race. That is often the case.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:21 AM

2,515 posts, read 1,709,611 times
Sad that in today's society ones life means nothing to another. And it's getting worse by the week.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:03 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,725,413 times
It's funny that people hear don't want to even take into consideration it's not race related yet have no problem ignoring that fact when the races are reversed. Could that black man have done the same thing to a black men? Absolutely. But unless you're going to put race aside in all cases I don't want to hear it. Every time you turn around it's always white people do this. White people do that. White people are getting tired of always having to defend themselves when society wants to paint a brush on them simply because the color of their skin. And yes minorities have dealt with the same issues before but you don't make things better by having pay back.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:04 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,254,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I'm betting no dl, no insurance, high on drugs and/or alcohol and the killer caused the crash. Wth was this kid doing in a Detroit ghetto after midnight?
Rip.
And a warrant?

Guess he wasn't packing. Too bad! Although then HE'D have ended up on the news and in jail for defending himself.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:21 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,237,434 times
I'm hearing "deranged maniac" and "mentally ill". Possible, but is it possible he could be just an anti-social career criminal with a short fuze?

Old 07-26-2019, 07:46 AM

231 posts, read 215,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think we speculate about race when a white person commits a crime against a black person, unless that person has something in his history that shows he has a vendetta against that race. That is often the case.
I guess that's not a high bar to meet in a day and age when you can classify anyone who is on the right as a Nazi and wearing a MAGA hat as solid evidence of being overtly racist.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

35,988 posts, read 18,280,610 times
One of the saddest parts of this story is, everyone there just dispersed and let him die.

As Mr. Rogers said so famously, when a tragedy occurs, look for the helpers. Focus on that good.

There aren't any. :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events