Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:58 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Arguing over something like this is stupid. Just go to the car and get the food, he didn't have to drive anywhere and that's the whole point of these services. If you are really irritated call the restaurant and express your disatifaction with the delivery driver, but this is simply not worth getting into an argument with him. Yes, this guy participated in what happened to him by enraging the driver, no getting around that. AGAIN, it doesn't justify their over the top reaction, they need to go to jail.
The victim seems to be completely confused as to why he got attacked. He's thick in the head, he doesn't know how to read people or situations. Nor does he know how to pick his battles. He can't understand wth happened because he's an arrogant, clueless tw@t.
What part of 'delivery' fee means the customer needs to leave the comfort of their home? That's the entire point of paying that fee. On the few occasions I've used door dash I've expected delivery to my door, and a few times I answered in my pajamas, part of my reason for using the service.
Sure, I wouldn't argue with some clod who apparently didn't have a clue. I'd let them keep the food, call the service and demand a refund and for twit to lose his job, but hey I get that sometimes anger makes a person shortsighted. The customer might bear a tiny fraction of the blame for the resulting fight, but those two morons bear the entire responsibility for causing the incident to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:01 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I always use Cook my own Food.
Me too. I don't know much about doordash because I'm not lazy enough to have ever used it. I don't eat fast food because I care about my health and the way I feel. But I do know how to treat my fellow human beings, and I have the common sense it takes to get through life without getting my a$$ beat over some stupid sh$t.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:28 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
I don't know much about doordash
Then maybe shut your ignorant mouth about matters you know nothing about.

Quote:
I'm not lazy enough to have ever used it. I don't eat fast food because I care about my health and the way I feel.
I'm not lazy, I'm BUSY. And I have money. From being so busy. Which enables me to pay a DoorDash or other delivery premium, whenever I damn well feel like it.

Furthermore, half the places I order from are pretentious organic yuppie juice bar healthy vegan wheat grass tofu veggie holistic culinary havens of virtuosity.

Sometimes I order from the local pizza joint. But I'm in NJ, and the pizza here is gourmet. Also, I run a minimum of 24 miles a week. That's when it's not training season. When it's marathon season, it's more than double that. So you can take your "I'm not lazy" BS and shove your supposedly healthy home cooked meals down your presumptuous throat.

Quote:
But I do know how to treat my fellow human beings
You clearly do not, if you think it is reasonable to call people "PITA" and "tw@t" for paying for a service, and then expecting that service to be performed, according to the terms and services.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:13 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Then maybe shut your ignorant mouth about matters you know nothing about.

I'm not lazy, I'm BUSY. And I have money. From being so busy. Which enables me to pay a DoorDash or other delivery premium, whenever I damn well feel like it.

Furthermore, half the places I order from are pretentious organic yuppie juice bar healthy vegan wheat grass tofu veggie holistic culinary havens of virtuosity.

Sometimes I order from the local pizza joint. But I'm in NJ, and the pizza here is gourmet. Also, I run a minimum of 24 miles a week. That's when it's not training season. When it's marathon season, it's more than double that. So you can take your "I'm not lazy" BS and shove your supposedly healthy home cooked meals down your presumptuous throat.

You clearly do not, if you think it is reasonable to call people "PITA" and "tw@t" for paying for a service, and then expecting that service to be performed, according to the terms and services.
Hmmm... seems like you feel fine treating other humans like slaves because you pay a few lousy bucks. Nice personality you have, glad I don't know you. Feel sorry for those who do.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:22 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
Hmmm... seems like you feel fine treating other humans like slaves because you pay a few lousy bucks. Nice personality you have, glad I don't know you. Feel sorry for those who do.
Hmmm. I've never called a customer a "tw@t". Not even when I was working for less than $5 an hour and no tips.

What do you do for a living? Feel sorry for whoever employs you.

Hmmm. Nice personality, attitude, and work ethic.

Also, "treating other humans like slaves"? GTFO here. DoorDash drivers are not SLAVES. Jesus H. Christ.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:34 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
It's their job. What part of that is so hard to understand?!

Old 08-05-2019, 02:06 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
I don't "need" to do anything. I have my opinion, you have yours. I hope with your attitude you don't end up with the bad luck of facing down a loose cannon for a door dash delivery driver. Instead of the tiny inconvenience of walking outside to get his food he got it smashed into his face and his leg broken - nice tradeoff for being "right." Or not.
Pick your battles, this was absolutely nothing to let ego take over. It's a stupid late night snack ffs. Guy was an idiot.
It's amazing that you think you are right here. Below is the list of posters who have agreed with you:

Old 08-05-2019, 02:16 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Come back when you know what you are talking about. Examples of your ignorance:

1. Door Dash is a delivery service hired by the customer. Calling the restaurant to complain about a delivery service makes zero sense.

2. The job of Door Dash is to deliver to, wait for it, the customer's door. It's all on the driver that this didn't happen.
Incorrect.
Quote:
About DoorDash & Dashers

What do Dashers do? Dashers deliver food and other items from local merchants to customers.
They deliver to customers. It doesn't say anything about the customer's door. They are allowed to text the customer, and ask them to come out. The text serves as proof of delivery. If the customer doesn't show up, the "Dasher" is instructed to dispose of the food, and the customer has to pay. There are many complaints online about this policy. But it is the policy. If you don't like it, don't order from DoorDash.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:29 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Incorrect.

They deliver to customers. It doesn't say anything about the customer's door. They are allowed to text the customer, and ask them to come out. The text serves as proof of delivery. If the customer doesn't show up, the "Dasher" is instructed to dispose of the food, and the customer has to pay. There are many complaints online about this policy. But it is the policy. If you don't like it, don't order from DoorDash.
I drive for Uber and Lyft, many of the drivers in my group also do Door Dash and Uber Eats and we talk regularly. I know a bit more about this than you do. To conclude that the driver does not need to leave his vehicle to make the "delivery" is flat out wrong. In this case the customer did "come out". That was not good enough for this driver who insisted he come to his car, that is not the deal here. He needed to at the very least meet him at the doorway of the building.

To call the customer an entitled "tw@t" for simply asking for the service he has paid for is the voice of an idiot.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:40 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I drive for Uber and Lyft, many of the drivers in my group also do Door Dash and Uber Eats. I know a bit more about this than you do. To conclude that the driver does not need to leave his vehicle to make the "delivery" is flat out wrong
I know people who do DoorDash too, and I have done plenty of food delivery in my life time. I know how it works. There are many legitimate reasons not to deliver inside apartment complexes. To name a few. 1. Lack of parking. It's not worth getting a ticket. I once got a $300 parking ticket for being illegally parked for five minutes while running into a building to make a delivery. I never did that again. 2. Crime. If the area is not safe, you run the risk of getting robbed if you get out of your car. 3. Time. delivering inside an apartment complex can take a lot of time, if you don't know where the apartment is. Wasting time trying to find your way around an apartment complex will cost you additional orders.

Again DoorDash drivers are not getting paid enough to expect them to come all the way to your apartment door. If you try to make them, they are not going to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events