Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:40 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think so. That doesn’t explain why they stole his phone. They were a couple of hoodlums doing this as a side job and probably enjoyed intimidating people while they did it. Also, in a job like this if his wages are crap it’s because he has poor customer service and does not get good tips. At a tip job, you have some control how much you make. I would make $100 in tips on a busy Friday night driving for Domino’s and that was 35 years ago.
I agree. This whole situation was nuts. I agree too on the good customer service part. It goes a long way, esp in an industry where that is often lacking. I work a position in a hotel where I get tips and this rings true as well. I then tip delivery people a little extra. They spend some money, it helps the economy. A little win all around.

People are more angry and violent vs 20 yrs ago. Every word is a fighting word. Where did we go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 11:50 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. This whole situation was nuts. I agree too on the good customer service part. It goes a long way, esp in an industry where that is often lacking. I work a position in a hotel where I get tips and this rings true as well. I then tip delivery people a little extra. They spend some money, it helps the economy. A little win all around.

People are more angry and violent vs 20 yrs ago. Every word is a fighting word. Where did we go wrong?
I really think these two were looking for a fight. I think they were effing with him trying to push him around. Again to me, stealing his phone and food to me puts them in another category. I don’t think they were just disgruntled delivery drivers. I think they were actually criminals who use this job as a venue to bully people and get victims.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:50 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Too many people with attitudes like yours, no wonder there are so many murders and fights every day in this country.
Always that one person who continues to defend his lost and wrong "opinion."

Just admit you're wrong and move on. The psychopathic driver and his friend started all this and will rightfully go to jail for it. The victim did nothing wrong and even did the driver a curiosity by walking down to get the food when he didn't have to.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:06 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,065,606 times
This is an oldie , but some things never change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwaKNR0BK6k

Old 08-11-2019, 02:31 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
https://www.lipstickalley.com/thread...-food.2615755/
Door

At the end of the day it should be the customer who gets to decide if they want to come downstairs and not the driver. Why does he expect you to walk to him? You are PAYING for door to door service for a reason. If a company advertises door service (it's literally in the name!) and justifies that as the reason for the delivery fee and the customer expects door service...thinking logically and understanding what makes the most sense in this situation it would appear the customer is right to expect door service.

Now this dummy doesn't have a job and will be sued all because he was too lazy to go upstairs and by the way, this is not so well paying if you are not getting tips and someone who has to come down is not going to tip as much so this man isn't even working smart.
When you order delivery you are supposed to come the hell downstairs and get the food. whoever this customer was is a certified idiot.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:50 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
When you order delivery you are supposed to come the hell downstairs and get the food. whoever this customer was is a certified idiot.
Ah, no, lol. It's never been that way. Every time I order delivery, 95% of the time, they come to my door and ring the bell. I have NEVER been asked to go to the car and get it....lol

The driver was the certified idiot, not the customer. The fact that they also stole his phone meant they had ulterior motives.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:55 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
People are still making this argument? When you pay for deliver you are most certainly NOT required to walk all the way to the car as was the case here. It's supposed to be delivered to your door. The name of the company would be your first clue, it's not named
"Curb Dash".

Old 08-11-2019, 02:58 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
So any updates? Did they arrest these punks yet? Can't be too hard to find them as they are registered with Door Dash.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Ah, no, lol. It's never been that way. Every time I order delivery, 95% of the time, they come to my door and ring the bell. I have NEVER been asked to go to the car and get it....lol

The driver was the certified idiot, not the customer. The fact that they also stole his phone meant they had ulterior motives.
Not go to the car, stand at the front door of an apt building. If you live on the 4th floor you expect a driver to go all the way up to the 4th?

Old 08-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
People are still making this argument? When you pay for deliver you are most certainly NOT required to walk all the way to the car as was the case here. It's supposed to be delivered to your door. The name of the company would be your first clue, it's not named
"Curb Dash".
Not to the car, standing in the lobby of your apt. You want to knock on your apt door?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events