Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 01:09 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Again the USPS will not bring your mail up to your apartment, and you should not expect a food delivery person to either. If you demand them to, don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction.
OMG. How many people have to say the guy DID come down? He was beaten outside in the front stoop because he didn’t obey the driver waving him to walk over to his car. The guy would not get out of his car. That is why the poster compared it to the mailman making you walk to his truck to get mail.

Don’t know why I’m bothering. Three posts from now someone else will post “He should have just come down”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 01:34 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Again the USPS will not bring your mail up to your apartment, and you should not expect a food delivery person to either. If you demand them to, don't be surprised if you get a negative reaction.
The guy came downstairs, the delivery guy refused to get out of his car. That is not how the delivery business works. I have no idea why you don't get this but if you don't get it by now you just ain't gonna get it.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
OMG. How many people have to say the guy DID come down? He was beaten outside in the front stoop because he didn’t obey the driver waving him to walk over to his car. The guy would not get out of his car. That is why the poster compared it to the mailman making you walk to his truck to get mail.

Don’t know why I’m bothering. Three posts from now someone else will post “He should have just come down”
Stupid is putting in overtime in this thread. It's really a remarkable thing to witness.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:36 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:

He came down only after the driver refused to come up to his apartment. The driver was already POed at that point. The customer was giving the driver an attitude, and the driver responded with a bit more then an attitude. Moral of the story, don't **** off your food delivery people, or something bad might happen.

Quote:
But his Doordash driver, Barry Smith, refused to bring the food to his door and insisted “you come and get it,” Garcia told The Post in an interview.

At 1:15 a.m., wearing his pajamas and slippers, Garcia approached the driver’s car and — raising his arms in frustration — said “you guys usually come in,” he told The Post. Smith responded, “Do you have a problem?” before getting out of his car with another man — both of whom started throwing punches, he alleged.
Doordash customer claims scuffle with driver left him with broken leg

Old 08-18-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
He came down only after the driver refused to come up to his apartment. The driver was already POed at that point. The customer was giving the driver an attitude, and the driver responded with a bit more then an attitude. Moral of the story, don't **** off your food delivery people, or something bad might happen.

Doordash customer claims scuffle with driver left him with broken leg
You just won’t give up. The guy was an effing criminal why don’t you see this? Do you think the guy was never a thief before, and simply stole from this man to make his point? He was otherwise an upstanding citizen who decided to stoop to theft at that moment? Normal frustrated drivers do not commit assault and theft because they got “attitude” from a customer. Good grief.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:41 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
I try to use restaurants with their own delivery staff. Bring it to my door-get nice tip. Call from street-lousy tip.

Done in cash at delivery time.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The guy came downstairs, the delivery guy refused to get out of his car. That is not how the delivery business works. I have no idea why you don't get this but if you don't get it by now you just ain't gonna get it.

Ok I was thinking the customer expected the delivery guy to get out of his car and knock on his apt door.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:54 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
You just won’t give up. The guy was an effing criminal why don’t you see this? Do you think the guy was never a thief before, and simply stole from this man to make his point? He was otherwise an upstanding citizen who decided to stoop to theft at that moment? Normal frustrated drivers do not commit assault and theft because they got “attitude” from a customer. Good grief.
Yes I do see that. A lot of people delivering food are not nice people. There are no background checks for minimum wage workers. Some of them likely just got out of prison. That's why you shouldn't **** them off. If he had just followed the driver's instructions, gone down to his car, gotten the food, and gave the driver a tip, everything would have been fine. The customer could have prevented this.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I try to use restaurants with their own delivery staff. Bring it to my door-get nice tip. Call from street-lousy tip.

Done in cash at delivery time.
I don’t know if doordash fee includes the tip or not?

Old 08-18-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Yes I do see that. A lot of people delivering food are not nice people. There are no background checks for minimum wage workers. Some of them likely just got out of prison. That's why you shouldn't **** them off. If he had just followed the driver's instructions, gone down to his car, gotten the food, and gave the driver a tip, everything would have been fine. The customer could have prevented this.
Now you are saying the customer should not only obey the lazy driver's demand to come to the car but now you expected him to give a tip as well?

This is so bizarre that you actually think that you are right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events