Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:21 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

35,988 posts, read 18,280,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
You mean, it is impossible for anyone to seriously have different view from yours?

That wasn't explained. But if the cops called it "terroristic", how dare you question that characterization of it.?
I don't see how you're defending her behavior.

That poor child. Hopefully, she's in the custody of CPS at this point pending sorting out this mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 07:23 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,264,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is the husband also charged with something? The article states she went there to "pick him up" so it seems he must have been in there also. And surely he had some degree of curiosity about where the baby might be . . .

It's not clear if she got so very drunk at the bar, or whether she drove there plowed and then just had a couple more shots in a few minutes.
If when she got there hes said wheres the kid and she said hes fine, then he isnt responsible for her actions. if she said hes in the car then he is responsible. Most likely, they were both completely drunk.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:23 AM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is the husband also charged with something? The article states she went there to "pick him up" so it seems he must have been in there also. And surely he had some degree of curiosity about where the baby might be . . .

It's not clear if she got so very drunk at the bar, or whether she drove there plowed and then just had a couple more shots in a few minutes.
Thats a good question? Assuming he is the father he has equal responsibility for the safety of his child.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
You mean, it is impossible for anyone to seriously have different view from yours?

That wasn't explained. But if the cops called it "terroristic", how dare you question that characterization of it.?
I was referring to the ridiculous assertion that a legitimate reason to drag your 1 year old from bed at 2 am and leave him alone in an unlocked car in a parking lot of a bar is to DRINK!

Your comment was clueless and you obviously didnt get any information from the article. She was drunk in a bar while her helpless child was in a car running and unlocked in a dark parking lot. Terrorist threats is obviously a stretch for a drunk woman threatening a police officer but the rest of it is so heinous. and most normal people would agree.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:28 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats a good question? Assuming he is the father he has equal responsibility for the safety of his child.
Yes, he does, you're right.

Maybe not criminally in this case, but I would guess CPS is involved, and that's a question they would need an answer to before considering the fitness of either parent.

"So, she comes to the bar where you are drinking, "looking for you" in the wee hours of the morning, and either arrives completely drunk or stays there long enough to get drunk enough where it's a health issue. Where did you think your baby was during that time?"

Old 08-02-2019, 07:28 AM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
If when she got there hes said wheres the kid and she said hes fine, then he isnt responsible for her actions. if she said hes in the car then he is responsible. Most likely, they were both completely drunk.
Being a parent, "he is fine" wouldn't cut it. The fact she drinking with the child in her care would be enough to be concerned about. I doubt she got that drunk in a short time on two shots.
I agree they were both most likely drunk.

If he was at the bar drinking, he should have called a taxi or urber or someone else to pick him up. She could have called him from her cell phone in the parking lot.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Being a parent, "he is fine" wouldn't cut it. The fact she drinking with the child in her care would be enough to be concerned about. I doubt she got that drunk in a short time on two shots.
I agree they were both most likely drunk.

If he was at the bar drinking, he should have called a taxi or urber or someone else to pick him up. She could have called him from her cell phone in the parking lot.
youre 100% correct. She should have gotten a sitter, or not went or not been drinking. She was wrong and completely neglectful. BUT if my husband asked me where our son is/if hes ok and i say yeah hes fine that should be the complete answer. im his mother. my husband doesnt interrogate me or investigate. he assumes, as his mother, i have made the right decision. these people however are probably not the type to make the right decision...as evidenced by said decisions.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
youre 100% correct. She should have gotten a sitter, or not went or not been drinking. She was wrong and completely neglectful. BUT if my husband asked me where our son is/if hes ok and i say yeah hes fine that should be the complete answer. im his mother. my husband doesnt interrogate me or investigate. he assumes, as his mother, i have made the right decision. these people however are probably not the type to make the right decision...as evidenced by said decisions.
So if your husband says "where's Little Joe"? You say "he's fine"?

I'm not trying to pick nits, but that seems like a very odd answer.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:50 AM

12,067 posts, read 10,346,621 times
Wonder if her hubby is a soldier. Ft Hood Army base is just down the road.

Lots of crazy people there.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,204,954 times
She looks like a total winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Wonder if her hubby is a soldier. Ft Hood Army base is just down the road.

Lots of crazy people there.
I hope not. Could you imagine her trying to use her husband's rank? I can already hear it, "MY HUBBY IS A PFC! SHOW ME RESPECT, DAMMIT!"

Last edited by Creature of the Wheel; 08-02-2019 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events