Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 04:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times

Advertisements

Look at the picture of the accused killer. He has what are called "railroad track" ears, a common trait in individuals with fetal alcohol syndrome. Some of the normal folds are missing, and his ears stand out from his head quite prominently. His head also looks rather small, though it's hard to say from a mugshot that doesn't show his body.

Not saying this is a certainty - but my guess is that this guy has something else going on in addition to drug abuse. FAS is also associated with low intelligence, poor memory, and poor impulse control. Perhaps the lady asked him to do something like make sure the newly delivered items were arranged correctly -side by side, without a space between them (since we know there WAS such a space, as her glasses were found wedged there) and he took it as personal criticism - and lost it.

It will be interesting to learn the other deliveryman's account. He must have been horrified - though he may have had some previous knowledge of the accused killer's abnormal behavior.

The victim doesn't look like an "old lady" to me - she looks alert, active, and considerably younger than her reported age. She was obviously intelligent, given her professional background. She was not a frail little old lady senior citizen, from all accounts.

What an awful loss - and for nothing, evidently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 04:37 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,893,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Good heavens, that could have been me. Old, female, single, and just had a washer/dryer set delivered from Best Buy 2 weeks ago. However, mine were delivered in their own truck. I would be suspicious if it was another delivery company because here, at least, Best Buy delivers and installs their own stock. Of course, their own people could be murderers as well. That poor woman.
My aunt got a new washer and dryer and had them delivered. I had gone out on a job interview, my cousin was at work, and the only other person there was my mom. My mom and aunt were both in their early 80s at the time. It could have been them as well. This is scary.

We always tell kids to never open the door to strangers or get into cars with people you don't know, but we get into cabs and Ubers and open the door to service and delivery people. Something's wrong there somewhere.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:17 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Any bets?

Old 08-21-2019, 08:41 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
me and you both! I can envision me as an elderly skinny little granny, sort of like Granny on The Beverly Hillbillies: Pumps shotgun, "now you just hold it right there mister!"

I don’t think a gun would have helped. She invited him in. While there he out of nowhere struck her unconscious with a wooden mallet to the head. She was probably turned away from him.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Right. No way it was ONLY those two things. Those don't alter your thinking capabilities that much, let alone turn you into a murderous monster.
I don't know how old her picture is, but she looked da..good if it was recent. If he was on drugs, as disgusting as it sounds, he may have hit on her. She, in turn, as any woman would do, but especially at her age, may have laughed at him. I know, at 65, I sure would have.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:02 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think a gun would have helped. She invited him in. While there he out of nowhere struck her unconscious with a wooden mallet to the head. She was probably turned away from him.
His partner said he heard screams, so unfortunately I don't think the poor woman died quickly or painlessly.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:26 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
His partner said he heard screams, so unfortunately I don't think the poor woman died quickly or painlessly.
She might have come to when he was setting the fire, I don’t know.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,351 times
hopefully they get this Satanist in prison..

Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, let's make it a left/right issue and pretend the guy on Pennsylvania Avenue isn't doing more than enough to divide the country.
You think we were united under Obama?

Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Sad story, and just unfortunate luck for the poor woman. The psycho just seemingly snapped, and unfortunate for the woman, the second employee (who is portrayed as being an honest worker) was outside making a call, so couldn’t intervene.

The response from Best Buy seems proactive and appropriate to try to prevent this from happening again (although there’s only so much they can do). The question I have is whether the other deliverer saw the psycho display any signs before this happened? The guy admitted to using coke, but it seems odd that he would be acting perfectly normal and then when the other person steps outside, just goes psycho and beats her?? An odd story....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events