Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 08:08 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I am a liberal and I would never want to hurt someone who is successful. This guy was a horrible, evil and vile person. I cannot imagine how someone could ever do something like this to anyone, let alone an elderly woman. It has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with a very sick mind.
Exactly. This is why I posted here instead of POC. It is a problem we are facing more frequently as companies are turning to (usually) unvetted subcontractors which is giving people like this killer access to people’s homes. When companies use in house delivery and service people, they tend to be more thoroughly trained, vetted and held to higher standards which does give us as consumers more peace of mind. Look at how many Uber drivers have raped their passengers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 08:25 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You think we were united under Obama?
No his election polarized the nation there were many people who hated that he was elected. Big difference is Obama didn’t egg it on and encourage the divide. In fact it was the other side that began Obama’s term vowing to block everything he tried to do, which greatly increased the divide. This pres finds the divide to work in his favor politically and appears to do all he can to deepen it.

Not sure what it has to do with the topic though.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Exactly. This is why I posted here instead of POC. It is a problem we are facing more frequently as companies are turning to (usually) unvetted subcontractors which is giving people like this killer access to people’s homes. When companies use in house delivery and service people, they tend to be more thoroughly trained, vetted and held to higher standards which does give us as consumers more peace of mind. Look at how many Uber drivers have raped their passengers.
And the story also on this forum about a door Dash driver who robbed and beat a customer.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Yeah, who knew violent people also have to work for a living?

Old 08-22-2019, 09:09 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
He doesn't really have any of the other facial features though.

He could also just be a piece of garbage without any reasoning behind it.
He reminds me of this guy:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-syndrome.html

Old 08-22-2019, 09:38 AM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times
I ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot a few months ago. Their (subcontracted) delivery people were supposed to arrive between 10-12, didn't show up, I called HD mid-afternoon, they said they "had no contact with the delivery company," at 5 pm I called again to postpone the delivery because it was now pitch-black outside and my driveway was snowy and icy, they said they "had no contact with the delivery company." I hung up and the delivery company was a no-show. I subsequently cancelled the order, the delivery company showed up a few days later anyway, I took one look at them and would never, ever let them in the house. Completely unvetted, no communication with the seller, their dispatch apparently has no idea where they were or what they were supposed to be doing, the lead guy sounded like he was on drugs and the other guy was staggering around my now-sanded driveway.

I won't buy anything requiring delivery any more unless the seller has their own delivery people, who are usually residents of the area. The third-party delivery companies use employees from out-of-state. No wonder they're not vetted. I bet some of them are hired completely sight-unseen by the employer.

I feel for this woman's family. It won't bring her back, but I hope they sue the **** out of Best Buy.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:11 AM

1,168 posts, read 776,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I don't know how old her picture is, but she looked da..good if it was recent. If he was on drugs, as disgusting as it sounds, he may have hit on her. She, in turn, as any woman would do, but especially at her age, may have laughed at him. I know, at 65, I sure would have.
High or sober I don't know any 21 year olds that go around hitting on women old enough to be their grandmother. Not likely.

My first assumption was that he was trying to rob her or maybe this woman said or did something to provoke him. Coke and weed may not make a murderer out of your average user, but with someone on the fringes...

Society is going to learn to make mental health a priority or these Best Buy/Walmart tragedies are going to continue to happen.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:16 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I keep someone nearby at all times.

Their names are Smith and Wesson.

Wouldn't do any good if you got smacked in the head from behind with a hammer.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot a few months ago. Their (subcontracted) delivery people were supposed to arrive between 10-12, didn't show up, I called HD mid-afternoon, they said they "had no contact with the delivery company," at 5 pm I called again to postpone the delivery because it was now pitch-black outside and my driveway was snowy and icy, they said they "had no contact with the delivery company." I hung up and the delivery company was a no-show. I subsequently cancelled the order, the delivery company showed up a few days later anyway, I took one look at them and would never, ever let them in the house. Completely unvetted, no communication with the seller, their dispatch apparently has no idea where they were or what they were supposed to be doing, the lead guy sounded like he was on drugs and the other guy was staggering around my now-sanded driveway.

I won't buy anything requiring delivery any more unless the seller has their own delivery people, who are usually residents of the area. The third-party delivery companies use employees from out-of-state. No wonder they're not vetted. I bet some of them are hired completely sight-unseen by the employer.

I feel for this woman's family. It won't bring her back, but I hope they sue the **** out of Best Buy.
This is exactly what happen with my mother and her Walmart grocery delivery. They left some of her stuff on the delivery truck, and when I called Walmart they tried to tell me they didn’t have contact with the delivery company and that I would have to call them. I was having none of that, and I have no problem getting medieval with poor customer service. I told them no I paid Walmart, and it is not my responsibility to contact their subcontractors. It took a few minutes of arguing to get a manager on the phone, and then I had to argue with the manager. They actually had the nerve to suggest that if I wanted to come to the store, I could pick up the missing items. Hello, I paid to have her groceries delivered because I did not want to go to the store. In the end, they had her stuff re-delivered but I think they just re-ordered it for her vs calling the delivery subcontractor.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the choice to just not use a grocery store that delivers because they use subcontractors. Walmart and ShopRite are the only places that deliver to where my mom is and if they both use subcontractors there’s no other option.I don’t know if ShopRite uses subcontractors yet or not, but their delivery is twice as much as Walmart so I try to use Walmart.

I have a feeling that everyone is going to be using them shortly and we won’t have any options at all. They are basically sending unvetted strangers to our homes. Even when they aren’t criminals, I think they do a much poorer job overall then store delivery people do.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:50 AM

330 posts, read 178,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No his election polarized the nation there were many people who hated that he was elected. Big difference is Obama didn’t egg it on and encourage the divide. In fact it was the other side that began Obama’s term vowing to block everything he tried to do, which greatly increased the divide. This pres finds the divide to work in his favor politically and appears to do all he can to deepen it.

Not sure what it has to do with the topic though.
That's your opinion, not fact.

Obama was a racially polarizing figure from the git-go just from the fact that he associated with the hate-filled racist Reverend Wright. He got worse from there ...
I guess we all live in our own reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events