Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 10:16 AM

1,159 posts, read 622,365 times

Advertisements

Until I found out that they were previously investigated by CPS, I originally thought what a stupid waste of legal resources.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 10:58 AM

6,822 posts, read 4,272,827 times
Obviously a personal dispute between people carried out via this outlet. If it wasn't the toplessness it'd be something else those people would be fighting over.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:28 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,664,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I said, I have no problem with nudity. My views are obviously more liberal than yours on the subject. I also have no problem with co-ed public bathrooms and showers and nude beaches.
You should run for office....LOL.

You didn't answer a direct question regarding walking around nude in front of children that aren't yours.

Which is what she did.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:29 PM

8,394 posts, read 4,413,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Until I found out that they were previously investigated by CPS, I originally thought what a stupid waste of legal resources.....

While I did not analyze the article in great detail, it gave me an impression (though I could be wrong) that both the previous investigation and the current topless garage cleaning legal controversy were instigated by the first wife (who is the biologic mother of the two kids). It sounds to me like a happy, laid-back, closely cohesive step-family where people can take off their shirts without shocking anyone, and a jealous first wife trying her best to interfere with her ex's apparently more successful second marriage.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
A little bit more information.

The 13 year old is a boy.

And she said she'd only put her shirt back on if her husband showed her his genitals.

In front of the kids, I guess, or how would the court know that.

While she was drunk.

https://people.com/crime/utah-woman-...faces-charges/

Old 11-24-2019, 05:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,593,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

And she said she'd only put her shirt back on if her husband showed her his genitals.

While she was drunk.

IDK what to believe because different articles always say different things.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 17 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IDK what to believe because different articles always say different things.
They sure do!

In my experience, People is a little more reliable than some of the other sources that are known "rags".

Another shading of this story, is the kids are well old enough to know that telling Mom this, will get the stepmother in trouble. Which makes me think they don't care for her, for whatever reason.

I'd sure like to know who else is being investigated by CPS in regards to the children.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:47 PM

8,394 posts, read 4,413,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

While she was drunk.

That second article you attached shows the situation in even more innocent light than the first article - it says that kids accidentally saw her without shirt as she was heading to shower after installing insulation in the garage. Nowhere does it say that she was drunk, or that she said anything about anybody's genitalia. Breasts (or pectoral muscles under them, that are more visible in men) are not genitalia. And I agree with her statement that woman's breasts do not have the primarily sexual function - in the natural state of things, no infant could survive without access to breasts.

In many human cultures, probably historically in the majority of them, breasts have not been regarded as items of sexual interest. The brain, not the breasts, is what generates sexual interest. If you lived in England circa 1850, you would have thought that a sight of a woman's ankle was sexually scandalous. In Yemen, they think that a sight of a woman's face and hair is sexually scandalous. You can easily teach your kids that anything - or nothing, as long as it does not hurt anyone - is sexually scandalous.

Last edited by elnrgby; 11-24-2019 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-24-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
That second article you attached shows the situation in even more innocent light than the first article - it says that kids accidentally saw her without shirt as she was heading to shower after installing insulation in the garage. Nowhere does it say that she was drunk, or that she said anything about anybody's genitalia. Breasts (or pectoral muscles under them, that are more visible in men) are not genitalia. And I agree with her statement that woman's breasts do not have primarily sexual function - in the natural state of things, no infant could survive without access to breasts.
Maybe you didn't read the whole article?

It says "the kids came downstairs", not "the kids came into the bathroom or bedroom". And then, instead of excusing herself to the bedroom, she gave them a lecture about how female shirtlessness is fine.

Open the article, and do a "find" for "alcohol" and a "find" for genitals. They're both in there.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,593,740 times
You still don't say things like that to step kids. With step kids, ALL the rules are different. My Dad wouldn't let me go out once because my stepmom wasn't home and he thought it might seem inappropriate to some for him and step sis to be alone overnight.

Also before I had step sisters Dad would sometimes not have a shirt on, but with step sisters that never happened again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events