Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 03:47 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times

Advertisements

As I've mentioned here before.. I am part of the clinical trial.. Moderna today spoke about a 'booster' to address effectiveness against the South Africa strain. They haven't started working on it, but apparently they're planning to.

But.. I had my unblinding appointment at 1:45pm today. They broke the seal and were able to tell me whether I got the real vaccine or if I received placebo.

I really had no idea which way it would go..

arguments for placebo.. I had ZERO side effects whatsoever. No soreness, no chills, no fever.. Nothing at all.

Arguments for vaccine.. Even with people falling around me at work.. people who work less than 10 feet from me... ALL of them being diagnosed positive..I've continually returned negative test results and had zero symptoms. I've had to get tested after each of them tested positive.

It was something like an episode of Maury Povich.. You know how he does the "You ARE the father!" shows? Similar to that with much less yelling and cussing.

In the matter of whether Labonte18 received the COVID vaccine in late July of 2020...

Spoiler
You did NOT receive the vaccine. Was placebo. I was vaxxed today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 10:18 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
As I've mentioned here before.. I am part of the clinical trial.. Moderna today spoke about a 'booster' to address effectiveness against the South Africa strain. They haven't started working on it, but apparently they're planning to.

But.. I had my unblinding appointment at 1:45pm today. They broke the seal and were able to tell me whether I got the real vaccine or if I received placebo.

I really had no idea which way it would go..

arguments for placebo.. I had ZERO side effects whatsoever. No soreness, no chills, no fever.. Nothing at all.

Arguments for vaccine.. Even with people falling around me at work.. people who work less than 10 feet from me... ALL of them being diagnosed positive..I've continually returned negative test results and had zero symptoms. I've had to get tested after each of them tested positive.

It was something like an episode of Maury Povich.. You know how he does the "You ARE the father!" shows? Similar to that with much less yelling and cussing.

In the matter of whether Labonte18 received the COVID vaccine in late July of 2020...

Spoiler
You did NOT receive the vaccine. Was placebo. I was vaxxed today.

Thanks, I had a feeling you didn't get it. You must not be prone to the virus.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I'll copy and paste the article in.

Does anyone need N95 masks? They're made in Texas, go to the site below, sign up via email to be notified when they're back in stock. They had 200,000 masks when the story went live on the 22nd, I'm very happy to say they're sold out!

I feel bad for these guys, not one person would buy their masks. Every place they tried selling took down their ad. I don't know if they tried Facebook.

Two guys start a D-FW mask factory but can’t catch a break. Forget made in Texas. China always wins - They named their mask the 1836 to show their patriotism, but they’re going down like the fighters in the Alamo. By Dave Lieber - 12:06 PM on Jan 22, 2021 CST

Quote:
Anybody know someone who needs 200,000 N95 face masks? I know two guys who can hook you up, like tomorrow.

Anyone interested in helping these two guys who in less than a year built a mask factory in Fort Worth, determined to make America less dependent on China for all our protective gear?

Note: Last week, the company began selling directly to the public on its UnitedStatesMask.com website. The smallest order is a pack of 20 for $45. Phone: 1-866-877-1381.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I had a feeling you didn't get it. You must not be prone to the virus.

FWIW.. My arm is sore. Nothing bad. Unless I rub it I don't even notice it.. It's not bad at all. but, that's the only side effect. The person kept the needle in my arm about 10-15 seconds.. So, that might be the reason it's sore.

this person certainly didn't have the skills of the person who gave me the placebo injections.

No fever, no chills, no aches, soreness in the arm is the only 'pain'.. I did go to bed about an hour earlier last night. Was tired. But I didn't sleep all that well the night before. so.. MAYBE a little fatigue from it.. Can't say for sure.

I'll report back after the second injection. It's scheduled for Feb 22nd i think.

And, just to reuse the joke I did when I got the placebo.. I am, strangely, picking up satellite radio in my arm now.. if I touch it just right, I can change it to 80's on 8..

Old 01-27-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
FWIW.. My arm is sore. Nothing bad. Unless I rub it I don't even notice it.. It's not bad at all. but, that's the only side effect. The person kept the needle in my arm about 10-15 seconds.. So, that might be the reason it's sore.

this person certainly didn't have the skills of the person who gave me the placebo injections.

No fever, no chills, no aches, soreness in the arm is the only 'pain'.. I did go to bed about an hour earlier last night. Was tired. But I didn't sleep all that well the night before. so.. MAYBE a little fatigue from it.. Can't say for sure.

I'll report back after the second injection. It's scheduled for Feb 22nd i think.

And, just to reuse the joke I did when I got the placebo.. I am, strangely, picking up satellite radio in my arm now.. if I touch it just right, I can change it to 80's on 8..
It seems to be the 2nd injection that gets people, with the Pfizer vaccine anyway.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:12 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
It seems to be the 2nd injection that gets people, with the Pfizer vaccine anyway.
I just got my 2nd shot (Pfizer) this morning at 8AM, so far so good, but will update the board if things change, and if I have any reaction.

After my 1st shot, 20 days ago, I had arm soreness from 3-4 hours after the shot to 48 hours after the shot, then it went away.

Old 01-27-2021, 04:17 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
It's highly variable. I had an extremely sore arm for a week after my first dose, but the second dose only gave me some mild arm soreness that was gone in 24 hours. Other people have a stronger reaction, and some have none at all.

Old 01-27-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
It's highly variable. I had an extremely sore arm for a week after my first dose, but the second dose only gave me some mild arm soreness that was gone in 24 hours. Other people have a stronger reaction, and some have none at all.

Well.. This is one of the reasons that i'm sharing my experience. I believe all of us saw all the news stories when the trials were going on where people were sharing (Relatively tame) horror stories.. "The second dose, I had to take a day off work".. The media fixated on those and scared the hell out of people.

I wonder how many of those people actually had placebo.. Would laugh my ass off at them.

But it seems that the majority of people have very light side effects.. A small percentage do, indeed, have a pretty strong reaction to it.. And a very small number have severe reactions. Those being the ones who go into anaphylaxis.

So.. I think it is very good that everyone who feels comfortable doing so, share their experience. Good or bad. Pretty or ugly. The more honest 'testimonials' out there.. The more information for these people who are questioning getting it can have to make their decision.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:05 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I just got my 2nd shot (Pfizer) this morning at 8AM, so far so good, but will update the board if things change, and if I have any reaction.

After my 1st shot, 20 days ago, I had arm soreness from 3-4 hours after the shot to 48 hours after the shot, then it went away.
So it's been 24 hours after my 2nd Pfizer shot and I'm totally fine, although something very weird/strange happened overnight.

About 11 hours (7PM) after my second shot, my arm started to hurt like it did after the 1st shot, sore, tender to the touch and I couldn't sleep on that side.

Then around 1AM it was like someone flipped a switch and the arm pain went away immediately, I never experienced something like that after any of vaccinations, the arm pain usually fades gradually, but hey I'll take it!

It was like my immune system was telling those lipid nanoparticles, OK the fun's over, time to go away.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:27 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
It is more contagious but not as nasty as the regular coronavirus/covid-19.
Do you have a source for the "not as nasty" part of that sentence? I haven't heard that piece before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events