Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 02:01 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Update:
More than 72 hours later, three are still intubated, relying on the machines to pump air into their tiny lungs. Mom is doing good.

The government helped her to safely deliver the babies, despite being so poor. I am pretty sure they will help her raise them too.
Her husband didn't see the babies, yet. He is staying back home to take care of their 29 months old daughter. Travel is difficult because of the pandemic, but he is arranging a trip for next week.

Before she gave birth, the combined weight of the babies and amniotic fluid inside her womb was 84 pounds!!
Doctors prescribed a mix of calcium channel blockers to control Cisse's blood pressure, and antispasmodic drugs and hormonal treatments to delay the delivery for as long as possible. When Cissé's contractions began, it took a team of more than 30 doctors and paramedics to deliver the nonuplets safely. The clinic says it plans to keep the nonuplets in care for at least three months, alongside their mother.

How many babies can fit into a woman womb?
There’s no scientific limit, but the largest reported number of fetuses in one womb was 15. The limit isn’t so much the number of babies as their volume and weight.
In 1971, Dr. Gennaro Montanino of Rome claimed to have removed 15 fetuses from the womb of a 35-year-old woman.

Google: Halima Cisse and Kader Arby to see many more pictures of the handsome couple. He is 35 and a soldier in the Malian Army, she is 26. Not a big age difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 02:26 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I recall seeing a picture of the mother with her husband. He looked quite a bit older than her.
9 years which is typical for that place. Believe it or not I heard about an 82 years age difference, the couple was from Ivory Coast. He still got her pregnant.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
9 years which is typical for that place. Believe it or not I heard about an 82 years age difference, the couple was from Ivory Coast. He still got her pregnant.
How old he was? About 100?
Not listed here...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_fathers
The record still seems to be held by a couple from the US. He was 101...

Old 05-10-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How old he was? About 100?
Not listed here...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_fathers
The record still seems to be held by a couple from the US. He was 101...
Yes, he was 100. It’s not listed because it happened in some remote village, I know about it because I know someone whose family is family is from there.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:03 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
They aren't poor, he's a career military, she was also working. They have a 2 year old daughter. We still don't know if these are a natural birth or fertility treatment gone wrong. Lots of pics at the link below from their 3 day wedding.

EXCLUSIVE: Proud husband of Malian mother who gave birth to NINE children says he 'can't wait to see my gifts from God' as couple are pictured for first time

Old 05-12-2021, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They aren't poor, he's a career military, she was also working. They have a 2 year old daughter. We still don't know if these are a natural birth or fertility treatment gone wrong. Lots of pics at the link below from their 3 day wedding.

EXCLUSIVE: Proud husband of Malian mother who gave birth to NINE children says he 'can't wait to see my gifts from God' as couple are pictured for first time
They might not be dirt poor but they’re certainly not balling either. Anyways, the country just doesn’t have this types of healthcare facilities, definitely not in the middle of the Saharan desert...She’s from northern Mali. Hence why she was sent to Morocco to give birth. No way this is due to fertility treatment.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:19 AM

^^^Yeah. I am pretty sure that the fact would be already stated.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:33 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Those fertility therapies sure do work. Talk about socially irresponsible.

Her name "Duggar?"
It's my understanding that she did not have any fertility treatments and they were conceived naturally.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
They might not be dirt poor but they’re certainly not balling either. Anyways, the country just doesn’t have this types of healthcare facilities, definitely not in the middle of the Saharan desert...She’s from northern Mali. Hence why she was sent to Morocco to give birth. No way this is due to fertility treatment.

I do wonder if they went to a fertility clinic somewhere. They look like they're not hurting. They had a beautiful 3 day wedding

I googled, there's nothing new except that she required a lot of blood transfusions after the babies were delivered and that she was in serious shape before she got the blood.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:35 AM

Here are the newest updates. The 1st is the newest, the last was when they were named at a week old.

Malian mother’s nonuplets ‘breathing on their own’

Quote:
However, BNN Africa reports that Halima Cissé’s nonuplets would still have to remain in the hospital at the Ain Borja clinic in Casablanca for two more months as they are still under observation, Abdelkoddous Hafsi said.

He added that the weight of the five girls and four boys has increased significantly as they were being tube-fed.

When the babies were born, they weighed between 500g and 1kg (1.1lb and 2.2lb).

But they have now increased to between 800g and 1.4kg, the spokesman said.

Premature nonuplets born in Morocco are stable but fragile

Quote:
“They are very immature babies. They have deficiencies in everything — at the level of the lungs, the head, the heart,” said Khalil Msaif, the clinic’s pediatric neonatologist.

But there’s also a quiet sense of optimism from staff on the babies’ future.

“Since the birth, we are in week three and the condition of the babies is stable... Most of the babies have had a good period without any problem. We hope that all will be well,” Msaif said.

Parents of record NINE babies born to mother from Mali reveal the names of their children - with one named after Moroccan king to thank him for his help

Quote:
In accordance with Islamic custom, the names of the newborns – who weighed in at 1.1lb to 2.2lbs - were revealed seven days after their birth last Tuesday.

Two of the nine babies were a total surprise as only seven had ever been spotted in scans.

Two of the boys, Mohamed and Bah, carry the names of the president of Mali and king of Morocco in gratitude to the help the two countries' authorities have given towards the safe delivery of the babies.

The names for the five girls are Hawa, Adama, Fatouma, Oumou and Kadidia. The two other boys are called Elhadji and Oumar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events