Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 07:52 PM

6,108 posts, read 3,820,610 times

Advertisements

If someone is tailgating me on a two lane road and won't go around, I'll simply find a convenient place to pull over and let him/her pass. I put on my turn signal and slowly pull over to the side and stop. Usually, they'll go around before I even get to a complete stop.

This doesn't happen often, but pulling over has always worked when I did it. If the driver following me stops too and gets out of his car to approach me, he's going to have a BIG surprise when he gets to my window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 07:53 PM

6,924 posts, read 3,978,176 times
This is why smart drivers DON'T ENGAGE with other drivers. You don't know who has a gun in their glove compartment and isn't afraid to use it. You don't flip them off, and you don't brake-check.

If they don't cause a collision, your best bet is to just let it go. It's not worth getting shot over.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:58 PM

6,924 posts, read 3,978,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

And whatever happened to just rolling your eyes and driving on? Worse case scenario, give them the finger.
That's how that 6 year old got shot and killed. Because his mother gave another driver the finger.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:19 PM

6,108 posts, read 3,820,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's how that 6 year old got shot and killed. Because his mother gave another driver the finger.
Some people still do the same juvenile antics that they did as 8th graders even though they are adults. They may have gotten older, but they haven't matured.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:22 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,033,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
H

Why? Probably because you were driving on the "faster" left lane. With slowing down to 20 on a 50 speed limit street you make many people very angry. Some might react.

Not sure why some people don't understand a simple rule:
If there is someone behind you and no one in front of you then get out of this lane.
http://www.findcarmeets.com/wp-conte...ne-drivers.jpg

Keep right, unless overtaking. Here is an instructional video:
https://youtu.be/z8MZ61PIeQY

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...ee0d71003.webp
Ahem. she said two way road. that means ONE lane in each direction.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:02 AM

61,972 posts, read 87,635,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Ahem. she said two way road. that means ONE lane in each direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I see. My bad! I thought it was two lanes in each direction.
But right or not, slowing down to 20 mph on 50 mph road might **** off someone badly. Lunatics don't need much...
I learned not to teach any lessons anyone on the road.
I noticed it ^^^

Old 06-10-2021, 06:08 AM

1,465 posts, read 626,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What do you guys want to call it when you tap the brake lights but don't actually brake? It seems like a lot of people don't understand that a flash of brake lights means to back off. Then you have the idiots who don't understand either when you slow down to discourage the tailgating. The other day I slowed an entire 15 mph before the jerk behind me, on his cell phone, with no other cars on the road, figured it out. Getting really tired of the aggressors blaming the other drivers.
I put my flashers on when I want some aggressive idiot off my tail.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:41 AM

253 posts, read 229,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just never know these days, seems to be getting worse.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nati...251953633.html
Jesus Christ....

Old 06-10-2021, 07:00 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,051,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
There should be an attempted murder charge in there.
She's a Gang Banger---

The charges are Inchoate...(depending on the 'Political Disposition' of the DA)

;(

Old 06-10-2021, 07:16 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,051,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
It's because they were PREDATORY SOCIOPATHS looking for VICTIMS. They like having JUSTIFICATIONS for their predation - even if the "justification" was your going "too slow" (though you were already exceeding the speed limit by twenty percent). Intimidating you - causing you anxiety - possibly damaging your self-esteem - was a form of predation.

I recently watched a YouTube video of an interview with someone whom Ted Bundy decided NOT TO rape/torture/kill. Nonetheless, while he had her in the car, he was cussing her up-and-down, for "being stupid" and letting him give her a ride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDUr4mNHPIU He was deriving satisfaction, simply from causing her terror. His "justification", was her (as defined by HIM) "stupidity". Bundy was an extreme case - a full-blown psychopath. But garden variety psychos get that same sort of pleasure, from causing anxiety, from making victims feel bad about themselves. And these days, a lot of them seem to be doing it, on the road.

Personally, I'm not seeing much difference, between Bundy's driving around with murderous intent, looking for "opportunities", and the Shooter's intent, in the story under discussion. She had a gun with her, READY to "punish" anyone who ticked-her-off. Am I wrong in suspecting she's been in the habit of going through life, wanting someone to "make her cross"?

Thanks for sharing this...

Yes....INDEED ~

Stay safe out there...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events