Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 08:33 PM

2,166 posts, read 1,171,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I can't quote the whole story here, but the article details how treacherous that area of the river is.

https://www.benningtonbanner.com/loc...6ab9fa1c9.html

That is so sad,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 08:55 AM

22,125 posts, read 13,232,194 times
I don't find it strange that she walked the dog on "her own" (rented) property without protection -- rural VT isn't exactly a high-crime area -- but I do find it strange that her husband didn't miss her until that night. Maybe he did and searched all day alone before alerting authorities, but that's still very strange. It's ALWAYS the husband or boyfriend.

Last edited by otterhere; 09-03-2021 at 09:05 AM..

Old 09-03-2021, 10:23 AM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I don't find it strange that she walked the dog on "her own" (rented) property without protection -- rural VT isn't exactly a high-crime area -- but I do find it strange that her husband didn't miss her until that night. Maybe he did and searched all day alone before alerting authorities, but that's still very strange. It's ALWAYS the husband or boyfriend.
They might have told him to wait if he called earlier. They aren't going to open a missing person case after only a couple of hours, for an adult.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:38 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,941,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They might have told him to wait if he called earlier. They aren't going to open a missing person case after only a couple of hours, for an adult.
Agree. I mentioned this earlier, that many times with a healthy non-elderly (non-dementia) adult, police will recommended calling back later before officially opening up a missing person's report, because technically any adult is free to go wherever without being declared "missing."

Although, this is where the simple reporting is ambiguous. It would be nice to know if he did call much earlier in the day and they told him to wait. That information changes everything. Without knowing that and them just reporting that he waited until 8pm to report his wife missing when they were on "vacation" (which is the biggest red flag to me), makes it sound a little suspicious. Although, it could be due to incomplete reporting.

If they weren't on vacation, it would be much easier to understand. She's a VP and busy professional, so she could work late, meet up with friends, go to the store, etc. But when I'm on vacation with my girlfriend, we are usually never apart for more than 30 mins at most if she or I were to go some place near where we are staying to pick up something. And with phones, if she went on a hike alone and didn't come back within an hour or so in an unfamiliar place, I would definitely at least text. If I didn't receive a response back within a reasonable amount of time, I would definitely call the authorities to at least seek their guidance. That's why the 8pm thing with no further information is so fishy.....

Old 09-03-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The article says she was reported missing at 8:00 p.m.

I suppose we could speculate whether that means the report was GIVEN then or TAKEN then...

Old 09-03-2021, 01:09 PM
KCZ

4,696 posts, read 3,724,039 times
The ME's ruling that this was an accidental death, along with circumstances that support that, is the information that changes everything. Why is anyone still trying to make the husband into a murderer?

Old 09-03-2021, 01:16 PM

51,314 posts, read 36,980,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The article says she was reported missing at 8:00 p.m.

I suppose we could speculate whether that means the report was GIVEN then or TAKEN then...
I think it means that's when they did the report. They wouldn't report "he called to report her missing at 4pm but the police told him it wasn't long enough" they just have the time that's listed on the report. There is nothing to indicate he waited till 8 to call. They might not even have recorded that he called earlier if he was told it wasn't enough time.

I related my story earlier that I called local NH police from NJ re: my fiancé, who went hunting by himself in NH and was supposed to call me before dark when he was out of the woods but hours after dark he still didn't call. They didn't consider it an emergency, an adult "missing" for a few hours isn't considered an emergency for the most part. They didn't go to the cabin to check until after midnight, hours and hours after I first called (it was dark by 4:30pm). I was of course beside myself, thinking he was somewhere in the forest with a broken leg freezing to death and unable to get reception (when I called I got voice mail immediately, for hours) but 99.9% of the time when people call panicked about someone missing, it turns out to be nothing (as it was here, because my ADD fiancé fell asleep and forgot to call...he learned a lesson when the cops banged on door at midnight, lol).

Old 09-03-2021, 03:15 PM

10,065 posts, read 18,174,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
What a 'Karen' thing to say. Real nice. I'm pretty sure the person you responded to didn't mean it the way you assumed they did. Wouldn't it be better and kinder to give someone the benefit of the doubt? Food for thought, 'Karen'. What happened to the woman was sad regardless of how beautiful one perceived her to be. Obviously.
Yes, obviously. And that was my POINT -- why on earth did that poster feel the need to comment that she was "pretty" and then in the same sentence say how sad it was? (And later that same poster said yes, that was why it was so sad. See post #20.)

But go ahead and insult me based on my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Oh, quit being a snowflake. Obviously, I was poking fun at someone who's user name was Karen due to how rude they were to someone else. Duh.
It's "whose," BTW. "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." Just for your future info.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. I mentioned this earlier, that many times with a healthy non-elderly (non-dementia) adult, police will recommended calling back later before officially opening up a missing person's report, because technically any adult is free to go wherever without being declared "missing."
Yes to both of those ^^^.

Given that the puppy's body was found close to where they found the woman (according to https://www.wcax.com/2021/09/03/poli...missing-woman/ ), earlier speculation about her chasing after him -- as I think most of us animal lovers would do after our new dog -- seems to be correct. I feel so sad for the woman, the puppy, and her husband.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:46 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,603,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I agree. Just like calling someone a Darren or Felicia.
Or calling someone Sheniqua or Tyrone.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:57 PM

How does one get to be VP of a major publishing house at age 36? Pretty impressive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events