Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 10:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You are right.
We are here just thinking that the husband is not browsing the internet to read the strangers’ comments.
Your point is taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Hazel wasn’t a Karen. Hazel was loud but kind and tolerant. A better example would be Mrs. Kravitz from Bewitched.
Yes— the SECOND Mrs. Kravitz. Sandra Gould played her mean. Alice Pearce played Mrs. Kravitz as befuddled and alarmed.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:37 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yes— the SECOND Mrs. Kravitz. Sandra Gould played her mean. Alice Pearce played Mrs. Kravitz as befuddled and alarmed.
Funny in Googling their pics, I don't remember Alice Pearce. It seems she died of cancer after the first season. It was Sandra Gould's rendition that I remember and I was thinking about. She's the busybody to end all busybodies, and called the police on the Stevens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 06:40 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The ME's ruling that this was an accidental death, along with circumstances that support that, is the information that changes everything. Why is anyone still trying to make the husband into a murderer?
I haven't seen the story, but since I'm interested in 'detective stuff,' did they happen to indicate why there was such a gap in the time the husband reported? did they go their separate ways for the day .... with plans to meet up later?

Old 09-04-2021, 07:25 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,154,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Or calling someone Sheniqua or Tyrone.

I honestly have never heard of anyone being called that, except for recently, on this forum.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:23 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,981,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I haven't seen the story, but since I'm interested in 'detective stuff,' did they happen to indicate why there was such a gap in the time the husband reported? did they go their separate ways for the day .... with plans to meet up later?
Valid question.

Old 09-04-2021, 11:49 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,650,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Except no one has named their baby girl Karen for 50 years lol.

Although, Hazel made a comeback, making some of us wince as we recall a loud, fat obnoxious TV maid, so anything is possible!
I was going to object but realized my niece named Karen just turned 50, lol. I remember my sister saying she wanted an "ordinary" name a kid would never get teased about, hah.

Old 09-04-2021, 12:18 PM

2,520 posts, read 2,075,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Or was he taking a long nap?

Old 09-04-2021, 01:03 PM

566 posts, read 678,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Or was he taking a long nap?
What still bugs me about this is that she and her dearly beloved dog may have suffered for a long time, maybe even for hours, in the water, struggling to survive, and there was no security detail patroling/watching danger zones, near dangerous water. There was no on-site security officer, that spouse could have called to go and search for her and the dog there, on that large property. I hope the owner now hires on-site on-call security to do detail, near the dangerous river, after this. Also, spouse, being an ex-deputy sheriff, should have at least phoned family/friends, saying he was worried, with back-up proof that he phoned them. After all, we will never know if he or someone he hired, held her head under the water and somehow drowned the dog too and had a Double Indemnity insurance policy.

Last edited by glenninindy; 09-04-2021 at 01:23 PM..

Old 09-04-2021, 01:17 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,981,936 times
You're assuming the husband WOULD have called "on-site on-call security" if that had been available. I haven't read anything to indicate that the husband was alarmed or even aware of her absence until he reported it at 8:00 p.m. Hiring someone to patrol potentially "dangerous water" at an AirBnB doesn't seem necessary, desirable, or feasible to me...

Old 09-04-2021, 03:44 PM
KCZ

4,677 posts, read 3,671,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
What still bugs me about this is that she and her dearly beloved dog may have suffered for a long time, maybe even for hours, in the water, struggling to survive, and there was no security detail patroling/watching danger zones, near dangerous water. There was no on-site security officer, that spouse could have called to go and search for her and the dog there, on that large property. I hope the owner now hires on-site on-call security to do detail, near the dangerous river, after this. Also, spouse, being an ex-deputy sheriff, should have at least phoned family/friends, saying he was worried, with back-up proof that he phoned them. After all, we will never know if he or someone he hired, held her head under the water and somehow drowned the dog too and had a Double Indemnity insurance policy.

I would imagine that she drowned rather quickly after she was pulled under by the current. This is the country. It's not practical to have someone patrol or watch every body of water, hill, embankment, field, hole, mountain, cliff, crevice, cave, and other topographical feature where someone could get hurt. However, the AirBnB owner who advertised the river as a great place to have a swim was out of his mind. He should have had appropriate warnings at the residence and along the river that the river's currents were treacherous, that swimming unsupervised was dangerous, and that pets should be kept leashed in that area. I would imagine he's going to be the recipient of a rather large lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events