Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 02:12 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

I did a google for Brian, see there's a you tube video that says Family found note on Brian Laundrie's car, also an article saying they picked up his Mustang from the preserve.

I'm really behind because this thread moves fast. I'm not sure if someone already posted, if so just scroll by lol

It looks like what Clara posted that she read on Websleuths was correct. They did drive his car home at some point.

The you tube video is linked below. I have it set to start at 2 minutes in when they show and talk about his car in the preserve.

His attorney said his parents found a note on his car in the preserve when they initially went to look for him on Wednesday. They left the car so he could drive back. When Brian didn't come home Thursday morning, they went to retrieve his car.

It does not say what was on the note.

https://youtu.be/Ljv4py2ssz0?t=120

Police confirm Laundrie family picked up Brian’s car from the reserve, possible he could have hurt himself - Published: Sep. 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM EDT|Updated: 11 hours ago

Quote:
Police confirmed today that Brian’s mustang was picked up by the Laundrie family at the Carlton Reserve. Brian’s car was at the Laundrie house Friday night when police arrived. The North Port Police also say it is possible Brian could have hurt himself, but it is also possible that he did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Search continues for Brian. Oddly, he apparently took the mustang on Tuesday to go to the park, along with a backpack for a hike.

The parents brought the car back home, something they apparently didn't inform LE of until this morning.

Why do that?

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-bria...sons/11029038/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Reading websleuths.com

They don't allow any information to be posted on that forum that's not a part of a mainstream news article, or a direct quote from LE.

They didn't tell the cops that they had gone and retrieved the mustang themselves after he had driven himself there.

To me, that's pretty big. If they thought he was in that park, why take his car away and strand him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-20-2021 at 02:23 AM..

Old 09-20-2021, 03:11 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't know if I'd call Wyoming in September a hot climate.

https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/wy/moran/KJAC
Yeah, have to agree. Especially if they were in the national park which is in high altitude. The temps in September rarely are above 70 degrees and right now, it's 31 degrees.

Old 09-20-2021, 04:18 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
So sad what happened to Gabby. I hope LE finds Brian soon and we get some answers.

https://www.newsweek.com/gabby-petit...issing-1630616

Quote:
As authorities continue searching for Brian Laundrie in Florida and work to confirm that a body found Sunday in Wyoming is that of Gabby Petito, internet sleuths have pointed out footage of Laundrie reading a book about women who go missing.

In a video called "VAN LIFE | Beginning Our van Life Journey," posted to Petito's YouTube channel Nomadic Statik on August 19, Laundrie is briefly seen reading the book Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. In the novel, four women travel into an uninhabited area. Three of women die, and the fourth stays in the area permanently.

The detail was commented upon by, among others, YouTube users and TikTok user @alyssaest93. "So many people have said that that information needs to be handed over to the police," she said in a video she posted to the platform a few days ago, explaining why she believes the book is related to the case. She called the footage "disturbing."

Old 09-20-2021, 05:22 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Oh, yes, that's true. Bad genes, wrong crowd, things can go wrong.

In this case, good parents would never have allowed this guy to clam up, letting her parents dangle in the wind. Good parents would have demanded he go to the police and tell what he knows. Instead, these "amazing" parents allowed the radio silence and, even worse, went further down this rabbit hole by abetting and then hiding Brian's disappearance from the authorities for five days. Not a doubt in my mind these are lousy parents, not to mention despicable people.

I never said they were amazing parents. Maybe someone else did?

I agree they are not good people. How dare they put Gabby's family through all of this when they probably knew from the beginning what had happened. If they had turned their son in immediately then people would probably have a different opinion of them. They also wouldn't be (possibly at this point) accessories after the fact. I hope they all get what they deserve.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:24 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Someone was in the van when those vloggers drove by:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1439744089524772866

Nice find. That is super creepy!

Old 09-20-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
So we have a guy who was jealous, stole car keys & id's & threw fits when a 22 yr old girl would want to hang out with her friends (controlling/isolating) & was showing symptoms of schizophrenia (voices/mania) who supposedly disappeared into "the woods" but who's AllTrails app is pinging in Puerto Rico (that app is not prone to mistakes).

Not that he could have afforded a trip to PR on his own. (Ahem; PARENTS)

I think LE is very, very close to cracking this case, regardless of whether or not either Brian or Gabby are ever found. Every state's highways & byways are covered by ALR's & traffic cams. Communications have been traced & DNA will be found, if not actual blood & remains. Surveillance videos from every residence & business from California to Florida are being combed through, right now as I write this.

It's a done deal & I would imagine LE already knows. Since there isn't an actual body yet, it might be a month before we know. In fact, the very last time that LE would confirm Brian as a suspect is while he is "missing". But they know that Brian is their suspect.

It's so hard to look at her picture. She looks just like one of my 20 year old twins. Literally; Gabby looks more like my daughter than my daughter's own twin sister does. Heartbreaking & infuriating. Mental illness is at epidemic proportions in this country. We need to stop whatever is damaging our brains. Especially our children's brains.

I didn't have time yesterday to reply to what you said except to do a quick reply mentioning Christopher Abeyta's case.

I know the feeling when a missing person looks like one of your kids. There was a boy missing out of Texas about 5 years ago that looked exactly like my son did at that age, including the clothes he wore. How could you not get emotionally involved in the case!?

I know you weren't surprised to read any of what I posted from the article about Gabby's friend because I wasn't surprised after seeing that police stop video. We both could see that there was more going on then was being said because of their actions and body language, especially since she couldn't stop crying, he appeared like they didn't even have a fight, bonding with his "bro" the cop over what their women act like. I still feel really bad for the cops wife.

I wish Gabby would have told Rose more of what happened when they fought the day he stole her ID so she couldn't go out to dance. Sounds like she would slap him, then he would shove her. My experience is that typically the guy would do more then just shove. Been there and done that.

I'd also love to know more of what happened during that fight where he locked her out of the van and started to pull away. I wonder how often he abandoned her, leaving her standing there while he drove away. I'm sure he picked at her until she exploded with anger to slap him. Gabby looks like a mellow person, like it would take a lot to get her to that point that she would slap him.

Rose didn't say how far the country western bar was that they were going to except it mentions that Rose lives 30 minutes from Gabby. I can imagine her in line to go in, going to take out her ID only to find it missing or getting it out while driving so it's ready when they get there. I can also imagine her calling him up saying her ID was missing with Brian laughing his a$$ off in her ear. I can imagine how embarrassed Gabby was while she was sitting next to her friend who could also probably hear their phone conversation.

By the time Rose dropped her off, I'm sure Gabby's emotions were building up until she finally walked in his parents house to see him with a smug look on his face. He knew he controlled her life, he controlled her so that she couldn't go out for a few hours of dancing to escape his emotional abuse. He controlled her so that she didn't have other friends, he also controlled how often she saw Rose.

I wonder how many girlfriends he's had and if any will speak up about him being controlling and both mentally and verbally abusive. I doubt any of them have gone missing because we'd probably know that by now.

I was wondering how much bigger he is than her. Found a picture of them together on instagram. He has a few inches on her, so he is bigger. She looks like skinny Minnie. There isn't an ounce of fat on her. He's not that muscular, he's wearing shorts in this one. His legs are in good shape from hiking.

I'm surprised she hasn't gone missing sooner.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:12 AM

6,588 posts, read 4,972,969 times
Quote:

Amazing video!!! Wow! I watched the original one posted last night and never saw the door that others did, but this makes it much more clear (and the high quality helps). Some of the other blow-ups are more questionable and can be digital artifacts, but I'd expect the FBI has the equipment and talent to do more with it.

Plus I never saw the closeup through the windshield, maybe that was in what was cut out when they first posted it.

People have said those are her flip flops outside the door. I think it's still possible she could have been alive at this point. It's very possible they just didn't want to talk to anyone and closed the door to make it appear they were gone. Though the sandals are so neatly placed that I wouldn't think the wearer jumped in the van quickly when they heard someone coming, unless the sandals were already off their feet. (I just came back from a week of car camping and did a few leave-tevas-out-get-in maneuvers myself).

Of course other possibilities could be that they'd been fighting again, or that she was dead and he was panicking.

Vehicles make a lot of noise on a dirt/gravel road so unless the creek nearby made a lot of noise, they/he would have had ample warning of someone coming up (but enough time to neatly step out of sandals?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
So sad what happened to Gabby. I hope LE finds Brian soon and we get some answers.

https://www.newsweek.com/gabby-petit...issing-1630616
The quote you put in there didn't come through - but that is creepy!! That's a huge red flag when your SO is reading about missing women while you're traveling in remote areas. I didn't read anything like Stephen King as soon as I made my trip decision this year, because who needs those thoughts in their head when in unfamiliar places?!

The article I linked to last night has a link to an article about missing people in national parks. In that article is a book about the very topic. I find it fascinating, but as one who has plans to make it out to some of those parks.... I'm not sure I want to know

Old 09-20-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:

Great find! There's another video in the comments saying it looks like Brian may have been digging by the creek.

Media evidence is mounting. Too bad Brian won't stand trial because he killed himself. Now LE just has to find him....

Old 09-20-2021, 06:25 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
The autopsy on the body thought to be Gabby Petito's is scheduled for Tuesday, official says

Quote:
The autopsy on remains discovered during the search for Gabby Petito is scheduled for Tuesday, the coroner told CNN.

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue said the autopsy was scheduled, and that officials would try to identify the body.

He said officials would use photographs, personal identification, and DNA.

Charles Jones, FBI Denver's supervisory senior resident agent in Wyoming, said authorities need to confirm if the body is Petito's, and also determine a cause of death, CNN reported.

It is not clear when the findings of the autopsy will be made public.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:25 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yeah, have to agree. Especially if they were in the national park which is in high altitude. The temps in September rarely are above 70 degrees and right now, it's 31 degrees.
I was in Wyoming last month, morning temps were 45-50 degrees, 70 by mid day

One rainy day could drop those temps 10 degrees/one night in the rain could give someone hypothermia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events