Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 09:01 AM

2,612 posts, read 939,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Young people have always wanted to make older generations look silly. That whole thing with "the older I get the smarter my parents get" deal. It's not some clever new thing.
Did anyone say it was a clever new thing? It isnt new just like older generations complaining about younger generations. It has always happened and yet people continue because they just cant resist the urge to find another group to insult to make themselves feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 09:16 AM

10,033 posts, read 8,708,407 times
A lot of these kids are out of their gourd
To do dangerous things cuz they're bored
They'll probably never grow old
If they keep doing what they're told
All they'll receive is a Darwin award.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:46 AM

841 posts, read 1,127,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I am not saying it didnt happen but it didnt happen nearly as some people want to believe it happened.

But some people like to believe things that arent true so they can feel better about themselves.
Are you saying people know something is not true, but they LIKE to believe it anyway?

How are we to know what is true? If I see it, it ain't true?

I'm confused

Old 01-18-2022, 11:26 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,164,675 times
All Nyquil is is sugar and alcohol.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Are you saying people know something is not true, but they LIKE to believe it anyway?

How are we to know what is true? If I see it, it ain't true?

I'm confused
I doubt they are doing the critical thought necessary to determine if something is likely true or not because they are hearing something that is consistent with what they wish to believe.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:25 PM

8,152 posts, read 7,534,222 times
The TikTok trend of cooking chicken in cold medicine is dangerous, says doctors

Sounds really, really expensive. Have you bought cold medicine recently? It's like 8 bucks a bottle. And you have to show ID to buy it.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:57 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,872,051 times
In the next category of this year's annual Darwin Awards, we present Nyquil Chicken!

Who's hungry!

Old 01-19-2022, 04:19 PM

17,703 posts, read 15,441,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
All Nyquil is is sugar and alcohol.

Drink enough of it, you don't give a crap that you're sick, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
In the next category of this year's annual Darwin Awards, we present Nyquil Chicken!

Who's hungry!

Here's what.. I just don't know which way to fall on these Tik Tok challenges.

In one way, it seems that too many people take OBVIOUS jokes seriously.. And in another, you kinda just have to sit there and say "Well, if they're THAT dumb.."

Saw a video from Russia a while back. (Yep, many of you know.. 'nuff said at "Russia", but) Guy has a handgun.. Puts it to his head, LOOKS like he pulls the trigger. What he did was hit the 'decocker' which basically releases the hammer and slides a piece of metal between the bullet and the firing pin.

He looks all cool and everything.. Then he hands the gun to his buddy, who appeared to be younger (Not like a kid or anything).. Who promptly puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger. Liberating his brains from his skull.

I can.. Oddly see both sides here. I mean.. Guy who is dead was a complete moron. But.. To a point.. So is the guy who handed him a loaded gun after his little display.

Ok.. Here it is.. And be forewarned.. This is rather horrible, though not.. 'graphic' I suppose. You are going to watch someone blowing their brains out.

SC7GGrUdJUI

That's the video ID. You want to watch it. You have to do some work to see it. Don't want someone 'accidentally' watching that.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
It's like 8 bucks a bottle. And you have to show ID to buy it.
Nothing says freedom like having to show ID to buy cold medicine.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:51 AM

17,703 posts, read 15,441,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Nothing says freedom like having to show ID to buy cold medicine.

Thank the people who make meth out of sudafed.. or take massive amounts of cough syrup to get themselves a 'high' from it.

Also why doctors are tracked on their prescriptions of controlled substances. Hell, even Rush was doing the "Doctor shopping" thing back in the day to get narcotic painkillers.

Pretty sure large fertilizer purchases are tracked as well after OKC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events