Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 09:14 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Not if the intent is to limit to one order per household. A person could have multiple PO Boxes. Does anyone live in their PO Box? The form says "residential address". So the government form has contradictory information. I'm shocked.
Well one agency does. The USPS has the form to fill out and if your address is a PO Box and that matches up with USPS records then...you got your tests in the mail.

I'm not surprised at all. That's how our government operates...one hand has no clue what the other hand does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 06:15 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Not if the intent is to limit to one order per household. A person could have multiple PO Boxes. Does anyone live in their PO Box? The form says "residential address". So the government form has contradictory information. I'm shocked.
Which form are you referring to? I'm only aware of the form at covidtests.gov

Old 01-27-2022, 06:49 AM

9,447 posts, read 5,208,974 times
I haven't read the 13 pages of comments, but has anyone actually received the free government test kit yet?

I ordered some just to have them on hand.....and because I was never able to get a kit here in VT. 5 mins in to the distribution, there's 100 cars and they were out before I ever got close to the front of the line.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:04 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I haven't read the 13 pages of comments, but has anyone actually received the free government test kit yet?
Yes, a couple people have reported receiving them.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Btw, I didn't say someone would test positive and go into the office. Maybe they call out and stay home without specifying why. When I worked in the office and took time off sick I never specified what.
My gosh, I'm hoping we've learned something from all this - like "If you're sick, STAY HOME and STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Wear masks sometimes. Wash your hands more often. Use wipes on carts. Don't crowd up on other people. Know that if you go to a crowded place, you're likely to catch something. Keep your immune system strong. Take vaccines for various stuff if you don't have a negative reaction to vaccines generally. If you are an employer, strongly consider adding in some more personal time off, so that people who use their PTO when they're sick can still go on a vacation."

Those are my musings anyway.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:34 AM

I haven't received mine yet. I ordered them the day after they went "live," - the first day that it was supposed to be available, pretty sure on January 19th. I'll update when I receive mine.

I got a confirmation email from USPS but apparently the package hasn't shipped yet.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:37 AM

696 posts, read 703,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

I ordered some just to have them on hand.....and because I was never able to get a kit here in VT. 5 mins in to the distribution, there's 100 cars and they were out before I ever got close to the front of the line.
I ordered the first day and received my kits yesterday. I don’t know if I’ll ever use them. I just plan to stay away from people if I feel sick - even if it might just be a cold. My daughter will feel much better knowing I have them on hand. She’s been treatment like and old lady from afar since my groovy groom passed away last year (not from Covid). I’m only 61 .

Old 01-27-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriact View Post
I ordered the first day and received my kits yesterday. I don’t know if I’ll ever use them. I just plan to stay away from people if I feel sick - even if it might just be a cold. My daughter will feel much better knowing I have them on hand. She’s been treatment like and old lady from afar since my groovy groom passed away last year (not from Covid). I’m only 61 .
The only time I've ever been tested has been when I was flying internationally - it was a requirement. (I was negative, as I expected to be.)

I've got some tests at home that I bought in Germany (they were plentiful and dirt cheap) and then some that the airline was giving away as we disembarked. (Some people wouldn't take them, which I thought was interesting.)

So I've got a little stash going on, but I am not planning on taking any sort of test unless I am really sick or need to be tested due to some sort of regulation.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:46 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I haven't received mine yet. I ordered them the day after they went "live," - the first day that it was supposed to be available, pretty sure on January 19th. I'll update when I receive mine.

I got a confirmation email from USPS but apparently the package hasn't shipped yet.
Same. Just a confirmation email and no notice about it being shipped but watching NY1 today (I'm in NYC) they're saying people just got their shipment notice today and that none of the anchors have yet to receive the shipment notice so... I'm not all that worried, yet.

Old 01-27-2022, 12:54 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Same. Just a confirmation email and no notice about it being shipped but watching NY1 today (I'm in NYC) they're saying people just got their shipment notice today and that none of the anchors have yet to receive the shipment notice so... I'm not all that worried, yet.
The USPS said the plan was to begin shipping them end of January so I don’t think there’s any reason to worry. It sounds like they started the process but I’m sure it’s millions of homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events