Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 01:26 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
wow you sure are fighting the fight for this woman
No I'm just stating facts.
Nowhere did it say she was drunk, fell off the bus because she was drunk. Nothing indicates she was on government assistance "it was us, the taxpayers, paying for those kids". She was married, her husband was in the military and was employed with a world finance group and studied nursing and arts and sciences. I dont know if she was employed or not.
Nothing indicates her kids were "nothing more than human ATMs". Looking at photos and videos and interviews with her husband and family it seems she was a great mother and dearly loved her kids.

I am rather surprised you are upset that I defend her with actual facts instead of being upset someone gossips and accuses her of using her kids as a government welfare payday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 05:10 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
wow you sure are fighting the fight for this woman
Because she's continuing to be attacked. I could say the same thing, you sure are fighting to crucify this woman.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:13 PM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because she's continuing to be attacked. I could say the same thing, you sure are fighting to crucify this woman.
Well I don’t want to be rude and not respond back

Old 02-10-2022, 06:46 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Poor dead woman can no longer defend herself. I'm glad you are fighting for her. We'd all like people to stand up for us if we were being attacked online after our death by complete strangers who know nothing.

Old 02-10-2022, 07:14 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No evidence she was drunk. The doors are supposed to be secured. She was married and the family was not on government assistance as far as anyone knows. Her husband is a veteran.
Supporting five kids would take at least $250,000 annual income nowadays, closer to $400,000 if you live in a place like NYC or Boston. Are you telling me with a straight face these two were making that much and weren’t on the dole?

Old 02-10-2022, 08:15 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
That is a sad life. If you are a parent I feel sorry for you that you no longer allowed yourself to have fun. Ever.
It makes me wonder how your kids, or the children of those who feel as you, turn out and see the world. I remember growing up seeing my parents have fun, laughing, doing things they enjoyed, being a person as well as a parent. They even had occasional drinks on New Years and special occasions.

I am not a parent of FIVE kids, which makes big difference, as far as *fun* goes.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Supporting five kids would take at least $250,000 annual income nowadays, closer to $400,000 if you live in a place like NYC or Boston. Are you telling me with a straight face these two were making that much and weren’t on the dole?
Well that is complete BS.
I know people with 4 and 5 kids and they dont make anywhere near that. An ex co worker now has 4 kids under 8. Her husband works for a lumber company. She actually quit at baby #2 because it saved money being a SAHM instead of paying daycare etc. The per capita income is 16.5 and the median hh income in their county is 33K, although I am sure he makes more than that. My guess would be 65-75K. They are not on any type of assistance, and they are building a new house.

If you believe it actually takes 400K to have 5 kids, then break down the costs for me.

Do you actually believe a SAHM,s costs 162,581$?
Salary.com decided they would estimate the worth of a stay at home moms by looking at "a handful of jobs that reflect a day in the life of a Mom," in order to calculate what a stay-at-home mom would earn if she was paid fairly. What is surprising to everyone except mothers is that amount was a whopping $162,581!

Other sources have it as high as 200K. Are you telling me with a straight face SAHM's should be paid between 162-200K/year?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not a parent of FIVE kids, which makes big difference, as far as *fun* goes.
So you have no kids but you're telling those who do that they should no longer be able to or desire to have fun?

Old 02-11-2022, 07:53 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
So you have no kids but you're telling those who do that they should no longer be able to or desire to have fun?

Well 2mares, let's get real here.

It's not JUST that she has 5 kids. It's that this is a HISPANIC family, and that is immediately suspect, and if they're HISPANIC MUST be on the gov. dole, and they're PROBABLY here illegally.

And besides, people on the gov. dole shouldn't be allowed to have fun ESPECIALLY if they're HISPANIC.

But you won't hear anyone mention the racism that's just below the surface here.

There's been a lot of mental gymnastics regarding this poor woman and her family.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well 2mares, let's get real here.

It's not JUST that she has 5 kids. It's that this is a HISPANIC family, and that is immediately suspect, and if they're HISPANIC MUST be on the gov. dole, and they're PROBABLY here illegally.

And besides, people on the gov. dole shouldn't be allowed to have fun ESPECIALLY if they're HISPANIC.

But you won't hear anyone mention the racism that's just below the surface here.

There's been a lot of mental gymnastics regarding this poor woman and her family.
I guess I didnt think about the Hispanic aspect of it. Just to clarify for everyone, Dad is from
Greece (according to FB profile) if that makes any difference.

Some days it is just hard to quietly accept the level of blind judgement and hatred that still exists today. I guess it is just human nature and not everyone strives to be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events