Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 02:43 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,151,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well 2mares, let's get real here.

It's not JUST that she has 5 kids. It's that this is a HISPANIC family, and that is immediately suspect, and if they're HISPANIC MUST be on the gov. dole, and they're PROBABLY here illegally.

And besides, people on the gov. dole shouldn't be allowed to have fun ESPECIALLY if they're HISPANIC.

But you won't hear anyone mention the racism that's just below the surface here.

There's been a lot of mental gymnastics regarding this poor woman and her family.
I think you are off on this one. Nobody said anything racist so don't try to make it about that.

I personally wouldn't want 5 kids but if I did choose to have that many, it doesn't mean I should have to give up my entire personal life to bring them up. That's what this thread "debate" is about, not race. You know the funny thing is you probably don't even know the race of most of us posting here. Maybe most of us are HISPANIC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 06:17 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
The judgmental people on this thread remind me of that stereotypical, rumor starting, argumentative, old, lonely busy body relative nobody really likes but has to put up with occasionally at big family get togethers.

I just don't get why they feel the need to crucify this poor woman who did nothing wrong.
Dang sounds like you don’t like anyone either.

FWIW I’m guessing this woman was a lot of fun. I’d probably have had fun with her back in the day. You just can’t have the same kind of fun you once did once you go on to have five kids. Yes people five kids is a big responsibility.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:56 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
The judgmental people on this thread remind me of that stereotypical, rumor starting, argumentative, old, lonely busy body relative nobody really likes but has to put up with occasionally at big family get togethers.

I just don't get why they feel the need to crucify this poor woman who did nothing wrong.
That disliked relative and their judgment? I have always noticed they are a miserable unhappy person, hence the need to judge others. The mirror is too painful.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
That's weird you think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
That disliked relative and their judgment? I have always noticed they are a miserable unhappy person, hence the need to judge others. The mirror is too painful.
Yeah, I think almost everyone has someone like that in their family. Ours is distant enough that no one in my immediate family has to invite her to anything. It's only for huge event's like our grandparents 50th anniversary, surprise milestone bday's, etc.

Covid drastically reduced the size of those type of events so we don't have to deal with her holier than thou, self righteousness anymore. She use to tell me I was going to go to hell when I die because she didn't approve of some things about me. I would tell her, damn right because that's where the party at! She hated that and would try to get me in trouble but my dad was actually glad I took her comments in stride and didn't let them bother me. I do tend to regress and egg her on now that I'm an adult but I can't help it. Darn maybe I actually miss her now that I haven't seen her for a while lol.

And I HAVE been on a party bus before. Ok maybe more than once and they are fun!

Old 02-12-2022, 09:51 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:

FWIW I’m guessing this woman was a lot of fun. I’d probably have had fun with her back in the day. You just can’t have the same kind of fun you once did once you go on to have five kids. Yes people five kids is a big responsibility.
So is two kids, so is just one. And...?
The point you are desperately trying to make doesn't hold water for most of us.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:11 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
So is two kids, so is just one. And...?
The point you are desperately trying to make doesn't hold water for most of us.
Then you must all be trashy

Old 02-12-2022, 10:17 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Because I think a mother should feel as much responsibility no matter how many kids she has? Well that's warped. I guess since I don't have that many kids I'm free to go out and get more drunk than someone with five kids? That's how your argument comes across you know. But it's become obvious you really have a huge problem with how many kids she has, more than anything else about this tragedy. If she'd only had two kids you would have had more sympathy, sad really.

Old 02-12-2022, 11:47 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you dont think you can get a sitter and go out and still take proper care of your children?
You can if it is one child, but not two or three or five. How does that work? You are still devoting the majority of your time to your kids parenting. How about going to the grocery or a doctor appointment. do you have more time for that if you have 2 kids opposed to 4?
It does not take more motherly instinct to care for 4 kids than it does 1. More time, more patience, but not instinct.
And lets not forget these kids have a father. What about fatherly instinct. Is it not as much prudent for a father to care for his children than a mother?

Yes it does.

In a sense that if you want to have other things in your life, you don't pop children one after another.
But if you do, that means ( or it should mean at least) that motherhood is your main goal in life, because children take time. The more children, the more time they take, (if cared for properly of course.)
Why do you keep on pretending that having five or two ( or one,) makes no difference - I have no idea.

Of course it takes different mindset of a woman to have five children vs having one or two.

Last edited by erasure; 02-12-2022 at 11:58 AM..

Old 02-12-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Omg rmfao!

Old 02-12-2022, 03:19 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Omg rmfao!
Echoes of that relative you spoke of!
I remember mine, all uptight, britches always in a bunch, always clutching pearls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events