Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 06:09 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Have no idea about her "frequent activities."
It just doesn't seem to be a good idea to go on some "party bus" when you have five kids at home.

All I know that this acquaintance of mine doesn't go on the "party bus" even if/when she has spare time.)))

Sure, just not in the same manner.

Men are all different you know ( like women.)
Each and every case is individual, court is often no more than a tool that just cuts the rope somewhere in-between, so some get lucky ( and they get justice,) and some are left short-handed.

It all depends.

I don't think that's how it works.

Women have their motherly instincts, which won't ( or rather shouldn't) let them wonder too far from their children, particularly when they are young.

There is at at least three times bigger possibility that something might go wrong while kids in someone else's care.

So yep, there are more worries, the more kids you have.

"Fiercely or strongly" is not a factor here, but rather "attention."

Children need attention from their parents, and the more children, the more attention they require, obviously. "Fiercely or strongly" - that's no difference 5 or 1.

But ATTENTION to each and every child individually - that's a different story.

Because people that commented probably have more common sense and don't try to imply that man and woman (or rather father and mother) are one and the same thing?
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't subscribe to your idea of parenting. Being around families all of my life as well as having my own I have never found it a necessity for mom to give up her identity or fear being out at particular times of the day. Actually, marriages where dad does not feel an equal bond and responsibility to his kids and mom has lost her identity are very unhappy marriages and often end up in divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 06:39 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Im starting to think the people who have been supporting this woman for weeks must have a guilty conscience about how they raised their kids. Sounds like they spent a lot of time drinking and having fun and not with their children.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:04 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Im starting to think the people who have been supporting this woman for weeks must have a guilty conscience about how they raised their kids. Sounds like they spent a lot of time drinking and having fun and not with their children.
Better yet, the fact that you can't fathom how a mother can both be a good parent and still be able to have a sense of self speaks volumes. Your attempt to turn that into some sort of insult because you can't come up with a better rebuttal is sad.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:14 AM

If someone’s sense of self is being on a party bus at 3am then that is pretty sad.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:29 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
If someone’s sense of self is being on a party bus at 3am then that is pretty sad.
Someone's sense of self is being able to do something for themselves, something they might enjoy. It is really irrelevant what that is. It could be taking a class, going on a trip, a spa day, a 5k run for charity, going golfing, fishing, playing pool in a bar, going to a concert, meeting friends for lunch or drinks, or celebrating a milestone birthday on a party bus that was a gift from your husband/wife.

I think someone's sense of self being playing golf is sad, but that just me. Mine was trail riding with my buddies and meeting my girlfriends for lunch and a drink. I'm sure there is someone that finds fault with that.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:21 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You don't need to "check" with anyone, other than the common sense.
Actually, common sense dictates that 6am is a better time to go outside in a bad neighborhood than later. In home care, we were always told if we had to go to a bad area to go as early in the morning as possible, because drug dealers/criminals tend to sleep late.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:23 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Why do you keep saying that like it was all so damn special? It was a party bus that ultimately took her life. Stop glorifying the damn 30th birthday party. Age ain’t nuthin’ but a number especially when you’re 30 with 5 kids.
A 30th birthday, like a 40th, 50th, etc are big celebratory occasions. I didn't make it so, but they are.

It was a freak accident. The odds are still much higher that you'll die on the way to the supermarket than dying on a party bus.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:50 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
I'm starting to think you're a woman who jumps to conclusions without evidence to support your hypothesises.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:01 AM

I really don’t care if you think it’s ok and there are no issues with what she did. What I can’t understand is that you’re hell bent on trying to tell me and other posters here that we’re wrong for thinking the fun needs to settle down when someone decides to have 5 kids. Yes it needs to settle down if you have just one who you are taking care of but 5 is even more of a commitment.

At this point this thread might as well be locked.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:09 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
I really don’t care if you think it’s ok and there are no issues with what she did. What I can’t understand is that you’re hell bent on trying to tell me and other posters here that we’re wrong for thinking the fun needs to settle down when someone decides to have 5 kids. Yes it needs to settle down if you have just one who you are taking care of but 5 is even more of a commitment.

At this point this thread might as well be locked.
It's pretty clear you don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events