Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 11:16 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I really don’t care if you think it’s ok and there are no issues with what she did. What I can’t understand is that you’re hell bent on trying to tell me and other posters here that we’re wrong for thinking the fun needs to settle down when someone decides to have 5 kids. Yes it needs to settle down if you have just one who you are taking care of but 5 is even more of a commitment.

At this point this thread might as well be locked.
You’re presenting it as if she had some party girl lifestyle and refused to settle down, instead of a one time special occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 11:32 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually, common sense dictates that 6am is a better time to go outside in a bad neighborhood than later. In home care, we were always told if we had to go to a bad area to go as early in the morning as possible, because drug dealers/criminals tend to sleep late.
OMGoodness. I am finding it amusing a couple posters are hung up on time of day and attribute that to the deaths and actually believe they should have known better than to be out of the house at those times.
Do people actually consider time of day and possibility of death when engaging in activities.
So apparently most people die at 11am, saturday is the worst day to die in an auto accident, but its sunday for homicide, September 16 is the deadliest day of the year second to your birthday or January 1 or July 4 depending on what source you use.
You are right most violent crimes and homicides occur after 6 am, between 3pm and 9pm. Most traffic fatalities occur between 5pm and 6pm.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:32 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Actually, common sense dictates that 6am is a better time to go outside in a bad neighborhood than later. In home care, we were always told if we had to go to a bad area to go as early in the morning as possible, because drug dealers/criminals tend to sleep late.

It's the hood, it's winter, it's still dark at 6 AM and there is no one on the streets. Check on the crime rate in that area of Milwaukee.

Nope, I wouldn't be going out at this hour, particularly having 6 kids at home.
Not safe.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:12 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
You’re presenting it as if she had some party girl lifestyle and refused to settle down, instead of a one time special occasion.

We do not know Jack $hit about her and how often she went out or stayed home. Nothing. All we know is her husband or partner said she was the life of the party. That's it. None of us can say either way if she did party or stayed home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I really don’t care if you think it’s ok and there are no issues with what she did. What I can’t understand is that you’re hell bent on trying to tell me and other posters here that we’re wrong for thinking the fun needs to settle down when someone decides to have 5 kids. Yes it needs to settle down if you have just one who you are taking care of but 5 is even more of a commitment.

At this point this thread might as well be locked.

Adding onto your thoughts about everyone thinking....

Honestly, I like a lot of you posting in this thread but how many times can everyone give their opinion? If you notice, I stepped away days which was probably a hundred or so posts ago.

I don't have time to argue with everyone on who's opinion is right. It's opinions, we all have them.

Until we have facts, everyone can keep arguing their opinion is right till their fingers are bloody.

Posted 2-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
2 links. The go fund me by her husband, says she was celebrating her birthday a day early but the article below says it was her nieces birthday.

She was dancing in this "bus" that isn't registered to a busniess when she tripped, falling out of the back. The registration for the party bus expires tomorrow.

Of course he has an attorney to sue. The go fund me almost has $80k.

I agree that nothing good comes after midnight. I guess everyone is learning a hard lesson about these party buses, if it even was one of those fancy party buses.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood. I shouldn't have opened this thread. lol

Heather Garcia-Tragic accidents claims mother of 5 $78,458 raised of $50,000 goal

CHP focusing on safety of party bus after mother of 5 was killed when she fell off
The family of Heather Garcia is now working with an attorney as they attempt to figure out how this tragedy happened.

The go fund me has slowed down. It's at $95,879 raised of $50,000 goal. That's a little over $15k in 17 days.

I found the piece below about a week ago, just didn't have time to post it. Apparently this is not the first party bus death on this freeway. Someone fell out of the front side door onto the freeway. The attorney interviewed got the family $4 million dollars.

What's interesting is it calls her husband, her partner of 12 years. Maybe they were not married? Sounds like all of the kids belong to him which eases my mind about siblings being ripped apart, going to their fathers after her death. I have not seen any update. I just looked. I was hoping to see some sort of update about the party bus owner.

Fox 11 Interviews Attorney Nickerson on Tragic Death of Woman in Party Bus Accident

Quote:
Attorney Christian Nickerson weighed in on the well-documented dangers of party buses on Fox 11 after Garcia’s tragic death.

“These incidents keep happening throughout the country, and the public needs to know that this is a serious safety issue,” Attorney Nickerson told Fox 11.

As a partner at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, Attorney Nickerson represented the family of 24-year-old CJ Saraceno who was killed in a similar incident. While changing the music on the radio, the party bus swerved; Saraceno lost his balance, fell down the stairway and was ejected through the front door of the bus. He plunged onto the 101 Freeway and was struck by the rear tires of the party bus and several cars.

“Unfortunately, there was a complete lack of maintenance on the door,” Attorney Nickerson said.

Attorney Nickerson helped Saraceno’s family reach a $4 million settlement with the party bus company for negligently maintaining the door. CHP had cited the party bus owners for safety violations five months before the incident, but the defendant continued to operate the vehicle without making repairs. The case helped expose the gaps in the enforcement of safety regulations for limo companies that use these vehicles. Sadly, therefore, Garcia’s accident was not unprecedented.

Garcia is survived by her partner of 12 years and their 5 children.

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-18-2022 at 09:29 AM..

Old 02-18-2022, 09:49 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
We do not know Jack $hit about her and how often she went out or stayed home. Nothing. All we know is her husband or partner said she was the life of the party. That's it. None of us can say either way if she did party or stayed home.

Fox 11 Interviews Attorney Nickerson on Tragic Death of Woman in Party Bus Accident
And yet some posters keep painting her as a party girl.
You can get a feeling for people by FB posts. Looking at Rafael Corrals FB (she did not have one) I get the impression she was not one to go out and stay out late regularly. There are pictures her with the children, of them having birthday parties at home, etc. No bunch of drinking photos. Being the life of the party has nothing to do with alcohol consumption.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:48 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
A party bus was stolen today. One of the reporters called it a "party of one" lol.

Quote:
Pursuit of party bus stolen out of San Diego ends in Antelope Valley
https://youtu.be/cGdaJhfD3Pk
Quote:
San Diego Police Department received a report around 10:15 a.m. that a party bus had been stolen at 4010 Morena Boulevard when the vehicle had stopped to pick up clients, police said. Police said the driver of the bus, a 2018 black Ford, had left the vehicle running with the key in the ignition when someone got into the bus and took off.
https://fox5sandiego.com/traffic/dri...se-to-la-area/

Old 03-09-2022, 09:48 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
OMG, a party bus for kids! Sign me up!

https://youtu.be/KKMsk_ZSERc

Old 03-16-2022, 07:50 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
2 links. The go fund me by her husband, says she was celebrating her birthday a day early but the article below says it was her nieces birthday.

She was dancing in this "bus" that isn't registered to a busniess when she tripped, falling out of the back. The registration for the party bus expires tomorrow.

Of course he has an attorney to sue. The go fund me almost has $80k.

I agree that nothing good comes after midnight. I guess everyone is learning a hard lesson about these party buses, if it even was one of those fancy party buses.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood. I shouldn't have opened this thread. lol

Heather Garcia-Tragic accidents claims mother of 5 $78,458 raised of $50,000 goal

CHP focusing on safety of party bus after mother of 5 was killed when she fell off
The family of Heather Garcia is now working with an attorney as they attempt to figure out how this tragedy happened.

I'm closing some old tabs, found this reply typed out but can't recall if I ever posted it a few weeks ago. When I originally wrote it, the Heather Garcia go fund me - $95,614 raised of $50,000 goal, right now it's showing $96,412 raised of $50,000 goal. It shows the last donation was 16 days go so it is probably not going to hit $100k any time soon.

I'm not seeing anything new on google.

Party Bus Death of Young Mother of Five Highlights Need for Caution, says Legal Defenders at the Law Offices of Burg & Brock

Quote:
....passengers should also try to be aware of their surroundings and exercise good judgment. This includes taking stock of the situation, avoiding becoming excessively intoxicated, and watching out for others who may have overindulged.

Heather Garcia’s tragic death proves that privately operated transportation cannot be assumed to offer complete safety. People who are intoxicated should be encouraged to sit down. The law office notes that, even if the bus door had prevented Heather Garcia from falling onto the freeway, she still could have sustained an extremely painful and debilitating injury.

It’s only natural for partygoers to want to celebrate but both transportation providers and passengers need to be aware that there is no such thing as completely risk-free travel. While tragic accidents can happen to anyone, a little awareness and common sense can minimize the odds of becoming a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events