Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 10:44 AM

43,087 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I've waited more than a half hour before on a plane to "deplane". Frankly I dont' need any assistance deplaning. For those of us who can walk, open the damn door. We will wait for our luggage and whatever else the airlines have to do. But we don't need help "deplaning". It's baloney.
OMG so funny. My son said that one time when we were stuck waiting to go to the gate.
He said it loud enough that a few others started chuckling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 11:01 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
OMG so funny. My son said that one time when we were stuck waiting to go to the gate.
He said it loud enough that a few others started chuckling.
It feels like some control manuever to keep us hostage. What's the big deal? Get the accordian gate set up quickly, and let us out of this clausterphobic contraption. After 3-8 hours, I've had enough of these people burping, farting, screaming, kicking, whining, eating smelly stuff, and just plain annoying.

Old 03-20-2022, 12:17 PM

9,126 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
It feels like some control manuever to keep us hostage. What's the big deal? Get the accordian gate set up quickly, and let us out of this clausterphobic contraption. After 3-8 hours, I've had enough of these people burping, farting, screaming, kicking, whining, eating smelly stuff, and just plain annoying.

The flight is only one hour. Not 3-8 hours. So all that stuff you experience when you fly, probably wasn't a problem for these passengers.

BTW, if you are having all those problems with your digestive system, you may want to take some Pepto before you fly.

Old 03-20-2022, 12:41 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The flight is only one hour. Not 3-8 hours. So all that stuff you experience when you fly, probably wasn't a problem for these passengers.

BTW, if you are having all those problems with your digestive system, you may want to take some Pepto before you fly.
Sounds like you have experience with digestive issues. I have none myself.

That the flight was only an hour makes it worse to have to wait another hour just to get off the plane, not better.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:28 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
I've waited more than a half hour before on a plane to "deplane". Frankly I dont' need any assistance deplaning. For those of us who can walk, open the damn door. We will wait for our luggage and whatever else the airlines have to do. But we don't need help "deplaning". It's baloney.
The front door of a jetliner is about 10 feet off the ground. That's a long drop, and then you're on the tarmac rather than in the departure lounge.

So yeah, you need the jetway moved over to the plane.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:51 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
Oh, FFS, what a total nothingburger...

Quote:
Flight records obtained via Flightaware show JetBlue Flight 676 left New York's JFK Airport about 35 minutes later than normal for the short 150-mile journey to Worcester Regional Airport.
This is a very short flight. A glance at flightaware.com shows that this route is normally just under an hour - that's not flight time but gate-to-gate (actual time in the air is just over half an hour).

Quote:
The flight records show the plane landed at the small airport outside the city of Worcester around 12:15 a.m. but did not actually park at the gate until after 1 a.m.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...r-17006379.php

Again per flightaware.com, the usual time from landing to the gate on this route (and this is fairly typical on landing anywhere) is about 10 minutes. In this case it was 45 minutes, or 35 minutes more than usual.

minutes.
more.
than.
usual.

So the total time in the aircraft was maybe a bit over an hour and a half. What happens to these people when they have to fly from Chicago (or, pass the smelling salt, the East Coast) all the way to California?

First.
World.
problems.

Annoying? Sure. Something to get all worked-up over? No. For God's sake, no.

Sheesh...

Old 03-20-2022, 05:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
You need Air Stairs brought to plane. Its a 20 ft drop to ground otherwise. If aircraft comes to terminal, you need ground crew to direct and chalk wheels, and inside crew to extend side of terminal bridge.

Old 03-21-2022, 05:39 AM

6,552 posts, read 7,133,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
You need Air Stairs brought to plane. Its a 20 ft drop to ground otherwise. If aircraft comes to terminal, you need ground crew to direct and chalk wheels, and inside crew to extend side of terminal bridge.
And ground crew to off load checked baggage, etc…

Old 03-21-2022, 07:01 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,289,884 times
Last week was Spring Break for many. There was lots of aggravation in flying. I knew someone who had to cancel a vacation because the return trip got canceled and they couldn't find a suitable replacement. We had someone who drove to visit us because they didn't want to deal with the chaos. Our visitor works for an airline. My daughter's boyfriend got home a day late and slept in the airport because the plane he was supposed to ride home in couldn't leave because the pilots had too many hours and couldn't fly. There were no back up pilots. At least they weren't stuck on the plane.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:52 AM

10,090 posts, read 14,959,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Forty-five minutes doesn't seem all that terrible. I've waited that long to have a gate available for the plane to disembark the passengers.
Even 10 minutes feel like an eternity for someone forced to do something against their will. Watch a person with a full bladder and they can hardly hold it. For many this is only for a few seconds until they are able to go to the bathroom, but those few seconds feel like anything but a few seconds if that person has to wait.

https://tenor.com/view/cry-gif-12954756
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events