Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 10:09 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The only Good Humor guy I know is the ice cream man from hell who used to go to hill climbs, has been in Easy Rider magazine way back when

Have to say, I never saw the ice cream man from hell wearing colors, just a good humor outfit. Now I'm curious and will have to ask my friend who would certainly know because she hung out with Pulsating Paula if anyone knows who she is, famous Easy Rider and Tattoo Magazine photographer who's been gone about 3 years. I run her find a grave. Paula printed one of my pics in Tattoo magazine, the issue with her back tattoo on it. My friend (soul sister) did her ink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 02:37 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
The Hell's Angels in NYC all have S.A.G. (Screen Actors Guild) cards, they are more busy being in TV shows and running Good Humor ice cream trucks (which is owned by the H.A.) than doing anything crazy.
Do you have any links to support this?

Old 03-28-2022, 10:56 AM

1,563 posts, read 903,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Do you have any links to support this?
No links, this is all first-person hearsay.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
No links, this is all first-person hearsay.

Which you'd hear because you're local.

My hubs grandpa was sent to the US because he was getting in with the Sicilian mob. He lived in NY (Brooklyn I think) until he retired. Wonder if he was mob when he got here lol

Old 03-29-2022, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Have to say, I never saw the ice cream man from hell wearing colors, just a good humor outfit. Now I'm curious and will have to ask my friend who would certainly know because she hung out with Pulsating Paula if anyone knows who she is, famous Easy Rider and Tattoo Magazine photographer who's been gone about 3 years. I run her find a grave. Paula printed one of my pics in Tattoo magazine, the issue with her back tattoo on it. My friend (soul sister) did her ink.

According to my friend, no he was not a Hell's Angel.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:23 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
...My BF was a founding father of the Sons Of Silence. At that time, decades ago, it started with one club in Southern Colorado By the time I met him in the 1990s there were 3 chapters for Colorado alone, as well as chapters in at least half of the states in the US & a few in Europe...
I think I saw a documentary about them years ago. Was the founder known as "The Dude"?

Old 03-31-2022, 08:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
This is a topic that is rarely covered by any local or national media. Biker gangs have been around for decades, they are represented in pretty much every large city in the country.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:22 AM

9,861 posts, read 4,634,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is a topic that is rarely covered by any local or national media. Biker gangs have been around for decades, they are represented in pretty much every large city in the country.
Turns them into to part of the scenery or just another gang. Some places they'll be the dominate gang and others just there.

I think a lot people thought after the first generation there wouldn't be enough members to do much of anything but somehow there was a such a lure or mystic by the end of the last century they live on. Throw in pop culture including things like magazines, movies or tv shows they survive and thrive.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:00 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Looks like skinheads.

Old 04-01-2022, 07:13 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I think I saw a documentary about them years ago. Was the founder known as "The Dude"?
Yes, Bruce, I think. I don't think I ever met him. There was a framed picture from the 1970s in my BF's house that he called the "Founding Four", a picture with him (Leonard), Bruce, "JR" Reed (also a Leonard) & I cant remember who the other guy was but I think his name was George. It was probably seized, along with tons of other club memorabilia, during the ATF raid in October, 1999, following a 2 year long undercover operation.

Unfortunately, I was pictured in a lot of the images during that operation & was targeted by law enforcement but then fortunately, for me; the two undercover agents that had infiltrated the club had always rubbed me the wrong way & I had avoided them the entire time. They went by "Bo" & "Cole" & they gave me a weird vibe. The girls they brought to the clubhouse parties, where a lot of the pictures of me were taken, always seemed out of place. Kind of yuppie looking & didn't interact with the other women. They only drank at parties & got too drunk when they did, which is actually unusual for a patch holder's GF to do. My name was not included on the list of 40+ indictments but my "status" as a president's GF earned me a NCIC flag as organized crime affiliated. I requested my own background check in 2021 & thankfully, that flag has been dropped now

That operation & the club's history were later featured in a documentary on a show called "Gangland", which is probably what you saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events