Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 10:14 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times

Advertisements

The Pagan's and Hells Angels motorcycle gangs are still operating their 'business' in NYC. The Pagans even shot at a Hells Angels new clubhouse in 2019. Ex ATF agent says they are in NYC aggressively expanding their 'business'

https://nypost.com/2022/03/19/deadly...ver-atf-agent/

They are notorious for their viciousness. Hard to do but they surpass many of todays newer or pop up gangs with the crimes they commit.

Gangs like these contribute to much of cocaine, illegal gun sales etc. They have several big cases brought against them over the decades but they are national and don't seem to go away. Could be one of the reasons illegal drugs like cocaine are back in style.

This is also a reason many cities and states should not disband their gang units because these criminal entities need special attention. A local gang today left unchecked could go national like these did.

Last edited by anononcty; 03-21-2022 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 10:48 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The Pagan's and Hells Angels motorcycle gangs are still operating their 'business' in NYC. The Pagans even shot at a Hells Angels new clubhouse in 2019. Ex ATF agent says they are in NYC aggressively expanding their 'business'

https://nypost.com/2022/03/19/deadly...ver-atf-agent/

They are notorious for their viciousness. Hard to do but they surpass many of todays newer or pop up gangs with the crimes they commit.

Gangs like these contribute to much of cocaine, illegal gun sales etc. They have several big cases brought against them over the decades but they are national and don't seem to go away. Could be one of the reasons illegal drugs like cocaine are back in style.

This is also a reason many cities and states should not disband their gang units because criminal entities need special attention. A local gang today left unchecked could go national like these did.

One of my long time boyfriends in high school rode a Harley, he eventually started hanging out with the wrong crowd, got in with the Pagans.

He took me to Bar BQ once, the women there would ask what I'm doing there because I didn't belong. It was the end of us.

I heard he killed some guy, not sure over what. I did find him, or he found me about 10 years ago. He wasn't in prison so I guess they didn't find him. I don't think he's been with them for years, or I hope he got out of it.

Didn't realize they were still so bad. I thought the Hell's Angels were the worst of the two, your article says it's the other way around.

Deadly Pagans biker gang ‘riding streets of NYC today,’ claims ex-undercover ATF agent

Quote:
A biker gang so vicious that one member removed his own artificial leg to beat a man senseless with the limb is aggressively expanding its turf in the Big Apple, warns a former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent who infiltrated the group.

“Pagans are riding the streets of New York City today, flying their colors,” ex-ATF agent Ken Croke, 54, who spent two years undercover with the gang, told The Post. “There are s–tloads of Pagans running around, actively recruiting and have been for years.”

He chronicles his harrowing covert experiences a decade ago in the new book, “Riding with Evil: Taking Down the Notorious Pagan Motorcycle Gang,” co-authored with Dave Wedge.

The Pagans are the more dangerous of the two notorious gangs, claims Croke.

“The Hells Angels, in my opinion, they’re like a business,” he said. “They have copyrights and doctors and lawyers who are members not involved in criminal activity. The Pagans are just violent individuals. They’re bad dudes. They don’t have two nickels to rub together but they don’t care.”

Hells Angels “sleep in five-star hotels,” he said. “Pagans sleep in dirt fields.”

Old 03-21-2022, 10:49 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
There's an element of this forum (as well as general society) that denies these 1% motorcycle clubs are bad people, that they're just a bunch of good ole boys getting together to ride and hang out for fun. They'll downplay any allegations that these clubs have long been involved in many nasty criminal activities. The irony is that these same people spare no fury in demonizing street gang elements like your typical South L.A. gangbanger, though they are all the same in principle.

I do get it though, the romanticization of these 1 percenters by these people. These bikers are everything what they and every other normal civilians are not, hardcore guys who have no fear and don't give a f**k about society or its rules. I suppose they represent an appealing but dying breed of (white) alpha males who aren't cowed by political correctness, who inspire fear and respect from not only the general public, but other street gangs as well.

I remember a story two white Navy senior chiefs told me back in the early 90's when I was in the Navy (where I was stationed in the Bay Area). These two were buddies and frequently went riding on the weekends on their Harley's while dressed in a typical biker outfit, jeans, leather jacket, Harley t-shirts. One day we were just chatting at our work space about what we did over the weekend. One of the chiefs told me that his bike broke down in a shady area of East Oakland. The two were stuck there for hours while they waited for assistance. He told me that a lot of black guys passed by but no one approached them or tried to mess with them the entire time they were stuck there. His guess is that the reason why no one messed with them was because they looked the part of bikers (and the Hells Angels has a chapter in Oakland I believe).

Old 03-22-2022, 06:54 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There's an element of this forum (as well as general society) that denies these 1% motorcycle clubs are bad people, that they're just a bunch of good ole boys getting together to ride and hang out for fun. They'll downplay any allegations that these clubs have long been involved in many nasty criminal activities. The irony is that these same people spare no fury in demonizing street gang elements like your typical South L.A. gangbanger, though they are all the same in principle.

I do get it though, the romanticization of these 1 percenters by these people. These bikers are everything what they and every other normal civilians are not, hardcore guys who have no fear and don't give a f**k about society or its rules. I suppose they represent an appealing but dying breed of (white) alpha males who aren't cowed by political correctness, who inspire fear and respect from not only the general public, but other street gangs as well.

I remember a story two white Navy senior chiefs told me back in the early 90's when I was in the Navy (where I was stationed in the Bay Area). These two were buddies and frequently went riding on the weekends on their Harley's while dressed in a typical biker outfit, jeans, leather jacket, Harley t-shirts. One day we were just chatting at our work space about what we did over the weekend. One of the chiefs told me that his bike broke down in a shady area of East Oakland. The two were stuck there for hours while they waited for assistance. He told me that a lot of black guys passed by but no one approached them or tried to mess with them the entire time they were stuck there. His guess is that the reason why no one messed with them was because they looked the part of bikers (and the Hells Angels has a chapter in Oakland I believe).

I grew up listening to my parents talk about the fun times they had with the group of Hells Angels that lived in our row house in Lowell, MA. (I was 5 or 6 at the time and don't remember them.) But mom and dad thought fondly of them, even knowing what they were involved in.

I do believe they always thought of the gang as good ole boys who just wanted to ride and have fun. I guess drinking and hanging out with gang members was a great activity for them.

It really was weird listening to their stories over the years. They made the Hells Angels sound like heaven sent angels.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:05 AM

1,568 posts, read 907,833 times
The Hell's Angels in NYC all have S.A.G. (Screen Actors Guild) cards, they are more busy being in TV shows and running Good Humor ice cream trucks (which is owned by the H.A.) than doing anything crazy. From what I hear the Pagans are way more dangerous.

Old 03-22-2022, 10:45 AM

50,808 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I grew up listening to my parents talk about the fun times they had with the group of Hells Angels that lived in our row house in Lowell, MA. (I was 5 or 6 at the time and don't remember them.) But mom and dad thought fondly of them, even knowing what they were involved in.

I do believe they always thought of the gang as good ole boys who just wanted to ride and have fun. I guess drinking and hanging out with gang members was a great activity for them.

It really was weird listening to their stories over the years. They made the Hells Angels sound like heaven sent angels.
People used to talk the same way about Mafia guys down here (Atlantic City area). It was considered "cool" to be friendly with one.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:08 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Seems the white boys are keeping a low profile. You never hear about this. I never even seen the bikers riding around. I did see them hanging outside their HQ on 3rd St and 1st Ave a few times. My company has property nearby. But I never see them out and about on the Hwys.

Will they clash with the dirtbike/atv riding brown/black latino/blacks?

Old 03-22-2022, 11:16 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
The Hell's Angels in NYC all have S.A.G. (Screen Actors Guild) cards, they are more busy being in TV shows and running Good Humor ice cream trucks (which is owned by the H.A.) than doing anything crazy. From what I hear the Pagans are way more dangerous.
LOLOLOLZ. that is hilarious if true.

Old 03-22-2022, 11:25 AM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
People used to talk the same way about Mafia guys down here (Atlantic City area). It was considered "cool" to be friendly with one.
There’s a weird draw to it for me/many. My pizza owner friend from Palermo, Sicily moved to MN after high school. He showed me news article from a few years ago of his cousins, uncles, etc…all getting mafia charges in Palermo. He never talks about those things, but he did one evening when he fell off the sober wagon. Me visiting Italy isn’t a draw at all, but I do want to visit Palermo with him someday. I can’t explain or know why really? I’ve seen the movies, documentaries, but don’t care much for them.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:06 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I read this article the other day, then two days later inadvertently drove past a large Pagans gathering near Lakewood, NJ. Odd coincidence. They’re around for sure.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events