Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 05:58 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
As terrible as this sounds, her defense team is going to use the troopers letting her go to their advantage. They’ll argue she would have been arrested had she really been drunk. Why would both leave the situation had they been in separate cars unless she wasn’t actually drunk? Send one to person walking on freeway, have other arrest her on dui. She’s going to prison either way, but these events might not get her the top charges.
I was a police supervisor for 10 years (and a cop for 10 before that). I’m devastated by this story knowing how it unfolded. I would never have allowed my cops to leave a suspected dwi scene for a person walking on the highway. Their intentions were good: the desire to preserve life. The execution was terrible and unfortunately, they paid the ultimate price for it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 06:28 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I was a police supervisor for 10 years (and a cop for 10 before that). I’m devastated by this story knowing how it unfolded. I would never have allowed my cops to leave a suspected dwi scene for a person walking on the highway. Their intentions were good: the desire to preserve life. The execution was terrible and unfortunately, they paid the ultimate price for it.
Is there cameras showing what happened, ones on the freeway? I wonder if she purposely drove at them due to being mad they pulled her over?

Old 03-24-2022, 07:33 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I’m sure the authorities have body camera footage. They were likely turned on since they were trying to take someone into custody.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-24-2022, 09:00 AM

9,862 posts, read 4,638,421 times
Turns out the driver's blood alcohol was double the legal limit to drive.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...oopers-killed/

It sounds like the man the troopers went to help was lost found him self walking on a highway.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:03 AM

3,143 posts, read 1,599,309 times
I believe the "DUI" was established after the accident when a test was administered and blood alcohol was twice the legal limit.

"Troopers Martin F. Mack and Branden Sisca pulled over Webb’s 2014 Chevrolet Captiva on I-95 after midnight, but sources say the stop lasted for less than a minute.

During the stop, the troopers received a ‘priority call’ for a man walking on the southbound lanes of the highway near the Broad Street exit.

After getting Webb’s driver’s license, registration, and insurance, Mack and Sisca were called away and left her with a warning to slow down. Sources tell FOX 29 the entire stop was caught on their dashboard camera and that the interaction lasted less than one minute.

Sources also pointed to another Twitter account appearing to belong to Webb. A tweet from the account sent at 12:47 a.m. Monday mentioned a traffic stop that involved speeding. "

https://www.fox29.com/news/suspect-i...sh-sources-say

Old 03-24-2022, 12:36 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
2 Pennsylvania State Troopers and a third victim were killed by a drunk driver. The third person was being helped by the troopers when the driver struck and killed them. Few details on the driver other than apparently a woman. The woman had been stopped moments earlier on suspicion of dui but the troopers had to leave her to help a third person.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...33-29-man.html

RIP
Wow, what a horrific story.

Assuming the troopers left her to help the person that she came along and killed along with them, it really makes you wonder.

Old 03-25-2022, 10:21 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Is there cameras showing what happened, ones on the freeway? I wonder if she purposely drove at them due to being mad they pulled her over?
That crossed my mind too.

And yes, the whole incident was caught on cameras. It was described in detail here.

https://youtu.be/na7mn_sMd7U

The story also shows the tweet she sent out between being stopped and when she hit them. It also shows the tweet she sent that says she is the best drunk driver. In another thread here there were a few posters who think they should win the "best drunk driver" title. Goes to show how stupid you can be when drunk.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:06 PM

9,862 posts, read 4,638,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
That crossed my mind too.

And yes, the whole incident was caught on cameras. It was described in detail here.

https://youtu.be/na7mn_sMd7U

The story also shows the tweet she sent out between being stopped and when she hit them. It also shows the tweet she sent that says she is the best drunk driver. In another thread here there were a few posters who think they should win the "best drunk driver" title. Goes to show how stupid you can be when drunk.
I thought the bragging was from a Jan tweet.

And keep in mind many drugs and alcohol even done to excess don't manufacture behavior but lower inhibition or impulse control so in her mind she really thought she was a good drunk driver. Same for hitting the victim. Deep down she thought or wanted to get away and yes might even have resented the police that stopped her. I also noticed she lived in a different town so knowing attended a party or bar where she knew there would be alcohol and a drive home.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:30 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I thought the bragging was from a Jan tweet.

And keep in mind many drugs and alcohol even done to excess don't manufacture behavior but lower inhibition or impulse control so in her mind she really thought she was a good drunk driver. Same for hitting the victim. Deep down she thought or wanted to get away and yes might even have resented the police that stopped her. I also noticed she lived in a different town so knowing attended a party or bar where she knew there would be alcohol and a drive home.
I have no idea when she did the tweet about drunk driving. The one I referred to first was posted after the police stopped her but before she hit them.

And no matter how you word it, drunk people can and do act stupid. She is a prime example. We don't know what she was thinking, we just know how she acted by what she did.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:03 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I have no idea when she did the tweet about drunk driving. The one I referred to first was posted after the police stopped her but before she hit them.

And no matter how you word it, drunk people can and do act stupid. She is a prime example. We don't know what she was thinking, we just know how she acted by what she did.
The one about being the best drunk driver was from a couple of months ago from what I read.

I really don't think she hit them on purpose, they let her go after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events