Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2022, 11:02 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The safety design should be such that the ride can't operate until the restraint system is properly engaged. With todays technology cars have passenger seat sensors turn on an airbag if it detects weight in the seat.
The ride manufacturer put out a statement that the ride was designed not to start if all the restraints weren't on properly, so IDK what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Anyone here scale 330 at 14 years of age?

Anyone at all?
Anyone here 6'5" tall at 14 years old? It makes a difference when you talk about his weight.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Virtually everyone on "My 600-Pound Life," not to fat-shame (but it's true).
I doubt many if any of them were 6'5" tall at 14, though.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
A partial video of the ride operator not being seen checking the boy's harness is not PROOF that it wasn't checked, not unless there is more unseen video that we aren't privy to.
The phone call by a witness, nor the conversation of the young lady asking her co-workers if they 'checked it' are not proof of negligence either. Too much jumping to conclusions IMO.
It clearly wasn't checked though, because the video has people trying to get the operators attention to tell them someone wasn't restrained just as they were starting the ride. There were enough witnesses that it will not IMO be "he said, she said". They probably also had cameras in the ride start area.

Old 03-28-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Florida has a two year statute of limitations on most wrongful death cases, and these cases take a lot of time
to gather evidence. If you ever find yourself in this position, don't hesitate to get an attorney as soon as possible, it has nothing to do with not caring about your deceased loved one or being money hungry. Time is of the essence.
That means you have 2 years to file the case, it doesn't have to be completed in 2 years. I agree though, act while witnesses memories are fresh, etc, and they still have the security camera footage.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:14 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times
It's hard to understand how such a faulty design ever got past the planning & safety reviews. What a tragic loss of a young life.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:54 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
It's hard to understand how such a faulty design ever got past the planning & safety reviews. What a tragic loss of a young life.
This model has been in use for decades around the globe without incident.
While I do think that there could be some extra safety measures put in place (i.e., belt/strap/buckle,) this is appearing to lean more towards operator error and negligence than anything else. What part of the design was "faulty?"

Old 03-28-2022, 12:54 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It clearly wasn't checked though, because the video has people trying to get the operators attention to tell them someone wasn't restrained just as they were starting the ride. There were enough witnesses that it will not IMO be "he said, she said". They probably also had cameras in the ride start area.

I agree, they stopped before checking his for some.reason.

Those employees need some sort of punishment so this stops happening. Enough already of them missing it. I don't care how long they've been there unless its been days ago they were hired which I doubt

Old 03-28-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
This model has been in use for decades around the globe without incident.
While I do think that there could be some extra safety measures put in place (i.e., belt/strap/buckle,) this is appearing to lean more towards operator error and negligence than anything else. What part of the design was "faulty?"
The ride manufacturer stated the ride had a built in feature that the ride wouldn’t start if all the harnesses weren’t locked in. So something happened.

Old 03-28-2022, 01:25 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The ride manufacturer stated the ride had a built in feature that the ride wouldn’t start if all the harnesses weren’t locked in. So something happened.

The ride where the 6 year old drop ride death also has that but the newish employees knew how to over ride it manually.

Very possible they did the same. They mentioned "the light was on" what light would that be? The one to worm there was an issue?

We won't know the answer for months unless someone talksi ke an ex employee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events