Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2022, 04:55 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times

Advertisements

[quote=ocnjgirl;63156257]I assume it was park ride operators who told him he couldn't go on other rides individually because the safety devices weren't large enough. The chaperones would not have engineering data or know how big the seat belts were to determine which rides can sustain his size and which couldn't. Maybe they told the staff when the team arrived that this was the only appropriate ride for him. I can't see how a chaperone would be able to determine that without knowing what kind and size restraints were being used on each ride.[/QUOTE I can't argue with your logic. It's remarkable the ride seat could sustain all his weight without breaking. Anyway, I took my 4 year old nephew on a monorail ride at the zoo, he stood up from his seat for a few seconds and I didn't move quickly enough to hold him, the monorail started moving and he hit his forehead on the safety bar because he was the same height as the bar. He didn't get hurt but I learned a good lesson that day, even a "safe" ride can cause injury and I wasn't alert enough to keep him safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 05:01 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Geez... Poor kids, man...

Poor kid... RIP...

All best to just shut up and close this thread.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:03 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You don't have to read it.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:06 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
You don't have to read it.
And you can easily just put me on your ignore list.

This is a scary situation involving a child that we, posters, can relate to.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:12 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Geez... Poor kids, man...

Poor kid... RIP...

I disagree, some posts here could help save another child from the same fate, for example, maybe a parent will read this thread and decide not to let their kids go to an amusement park without supervision.

RIP

Old 03-26-2022, 06:06 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
Who was going to tell the Black kid he shouldn't ride the ride because it may be unsafe due to his size?

Literally, no one. No one that didn't want to be called ugly names, or get into trouble.

And so, due to the lack of ability to be up front and honest these days, a young person who hadn't even started his life, is gone.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I disagree, some posts here could help save another child from the same fate, for example, maybe a parent will read this thread and decide not to let their kids go to an amusement park without supervision.

RIP
THIS^^^^

We have to be diligent. We can't leave the details up to someone else, not when our life may depend on it. The kid was already concerned about dying on that ride, according to witnesses. He knew he wasn't secured properly in that seat.

I'm not blaming him for his death. It isn't his fault. I'm simply saying he'd be alive if he'd listened to his gut instinct and walked away from a situation that he suspected was dangerous and deadly.

That's what I want people to get through to their own kids. Don't put your safety in the hands of a carny.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:38 PM

2,028 posts, read 3,346,284 times
I saw the manufacturer speak on camera and say that the ride will not start up if all of the "harnesses" are not completely snapped shut. If that is true then something obviously malfunctioned.

I saw a large/heavy person at a similar ride before trying to get snapped in, and the harness wouldnt close. The attendant told him that if the "light wouldn't go out" he couldn't ride the ride. It did not and the man had to leave. He understood. He had a really large belly and it kept getting pushed upward.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:43 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantcookies View Post
He had bigger breasts and belly than most women. He was morbidly obese.

His parents will surely sue asap!
Link showing he was "morbidly obese"? They should sue the park and they should win. It is all on video proving the ride attendant is 100% at fault. And really? you are going to make fun of a child? Boys and men, skinny or over weight, can have "breast".

Old 03-26-2022, 07:46 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post

RIP
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events