Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 04:19 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times

Advertisements

per the local news station there:

The district attorney’s office said Xlander was charged on Feb. 22 with

assault in the second degree; a violent felony,

and attempted assault in the second degree and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors.

Officials added Xlander rejected a plea deal on March 16 that would have seen her plead guilty to assault in the second; she would have avoided jail time and received five years probation and orders of protection for those involved, the district attorney’s office said.

according to my math that is
1 felony charge
and 2 Misdemeanors.

She is fighting all three charges.

Knowing the current state of our country the jurors will be played the "emotion" card and feel sorry for that Lady. Ohh how stressing it must be for her to EVERY day to deal with the maladjusted kids of this world!
( PS- I neither subscribe or support that mindset conveyed) . Yet that is where we are in todays messed up judicial system.

FWIW- That action by the adult was something I endured in my first two years of grade school. And they called it "For your own good " . (Smh) <---which they did often...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 05:03 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Thanks for the update. This is all I could find as far as links.
Quote:
(WBNG) -- The Broome County District Attorney’s Office announced Monday Gabrielle Xlander, a former employee of the New York State Office of Mental Health, faces multiple assault-related charges.
The video, which allegedly depicts Xlander and is making the rounds on social media, shows a woman striking a child and asking “who is that?” while holding a picture of something on her phone. The child cries while they’re hit. At the end of the video, a man can be heard telling an Alexa device to call 911.
The district attorney’s office said Xlander was charged on Feb. 22 with assault in the second degree; a violent felony, and attempted assault in the second degree and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors.
Officials added Xlander rejected a plea deal on March 16 that would have seen her plead guilty to assault in the second; she would have avoided jail time and received five years probation and orders of protection for those involved, the district attorney’s office said.
https://www.wbng.com/2022/03/28/form...buse-surfaces/
Quote:
Please don't rely on unnamed social media sources for your news. We've received many inquiries regarding a particular case. Gabrielle Xlander has been indicted by a Broome County grand jury for felony level assault. The case is moving toward a trial in Broome County Court. By law we are not permitted to discuss facts of pending cases.
Followed by comments...

https://www.facebook.com/damikekorchak

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 03-29-2022 at 06:17 AM..

Old 03-29-2022, 10:15 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I will not watch this video because I'll lose my shyt.

Old 03-29-2022, 10:28 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Do you think the DA will be able to use the video as evidence? (I'm sincerely asking...I just know lots of times, evidence, for various reasons, gets supressed.)

If her defense lawyer is able to prolong the whole thing over months or a year or more...the video will lose it's impact I think. But I'm just guessing.

Or, on the other hand, the trial will get moved to a different county with a different jury pool.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:46 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTzen View Post
Outrageous! I hope the child's father asks for and gets sole custody.

Any institution would be crazy to hire this nurse.
Thats what Im thinking. He should be able to get custody easily if he is not worse than she is.

Old 03-30-2022, 07:22 AM

446 posts, read 282,718 times
Disgusting video!

That certainly doesn't look like a Children's Psychiatric Center. People on reddit were saying that disgusting POS is the child's mother. Has anyone else heard that?

Old 03-30-2022, 10:23 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44echo View Post
Disgusting video!

That certainly doesn't look like a Children's Psychiatric Center. People on reddit were saying that disgusting POS is the child's mother. Has anyone else heard that?
You heard correctly. She is the young girl's mother. It looks like (to me) that this occurred in a break room or kitchen.

Old 04-04-2022, 07:33 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
Please tell me that the child has been taken away from her and put somewhere safe. That little girl will never be the same.

I hope the mom rots in jail.

Old 04-05-2022, 02:56 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Public pillory followed by public immolation.

This 'woman' has no place in a civilized society.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:06 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Who is the woman in the phone?

In another thread we have 5 year olds assaulting teachers

Should put this nurse and that 5 year in same room, and have it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events