Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 12:53 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I didn't get that she is defending the woman's actions in any of her posts -- rather, she is just curious as to what exactly the previous confrontations were about.

And based on what I have seen, I am guessing that she is one of those, like the woman in my neighborhood, who seems to find kids at play to be nuisances. But that's just a guess.
I wonder. I remember, on occasion, being yelled at for the noise my skateboard or basketball made. Or for playing in someone else's snow lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 06:09 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,143,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Odd he is so far behind his friends who are already stopped when he is riding really fast.
An experiment for you. Give your friends a 200 m headstart. Then, ask them to start walking while you run after them. After 10 seconds, observe your position with respect to your friends.

$1000 says you will be behind them, even though you have been running, and they have been walking.

God!!! What all conspiracy theories people come up with...

Old 04-13-2022, 06:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
An experiment for you. Give your friends a 200 m headstart. Then, ask them to start walking while you run after them. After 10 seconds, observe your position with respect to your friends.

$1000 says you will be behind them, even though you have been running, and they have been walking.

God!!! What all conspiracy theories people come up with...
People who consider all angles and possibilities are not conspiracists. They are the people you want on your jury should you ever be wrongly accused and tried for a crime.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:27 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
People who consider all angles and possibilities are not conspiracists. They are the people you want on your jury should you ever be wrongly accused and tried for a crime.
Well, I'd want a jurist who listens to the facts and goes by the facts presented.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:56 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
I'm not convinced that the kid is so innocent. Or that entire family.

Why was he wearing the camera? He just happened to come across her while riding his bike with his camera turned on? Maybe, but how likely is that?

I suspect there's been a lot of provoking by that kid prior to the camera rolling. She instantly went nuts when she saw him coming. Who does that without a reason?

For all we know that entire family gets amusement by picking on a neighbor who's a bit off her rocker. Add to their fun a camera to make the old lady appear really crazy, and the boy innocent, when in fact she's simply reacting to past harassments.

Nope. I don't believe it.
Well, I can certainly see that as a possibility (on-going harassment of the female neighbor until she finally lost her temper). Obviously, she should not have struck the boy but it did appear that he was heading right towards her on the sidewalk and did not appear to slow down. as he approached her standing there.

As a teacher for over 40 years, I have seen situations like this time and time again. A child (or sometimes siblings or the entire family) will bully and harass an innocent victim over and over and over again until the victim finally loses their temper, but to others it appears that the bully/harasser is the victim because the viewer did not witness the prior bad acts of the bully/harasser.

Yes, the woman should not have lost her temper, but I also wonder if there is a lot "more to this story."

BTW, I have not read the entire thread, but wanted to post this comment when I first read about this situation (so I may not have the most up to date information).

Last edited by germaine2626; 04-13-2022 at 09:08 AM..

Old 04-13-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Well, I can certainly see that as a possibility (on-going harassment of the female neighbor until she finally lost her temper). Obviously, she should not have struck the boy but it did appear that he was heading right towards her on the sidewalk and did not appear to slow down. as he approached her standing there.

As a teacher for over 40 years, I have seen situations like this time and time again. A child (or sometimes siblings or the entire family) will bully and harass an innocent victim over and over and over again until the victim finally loses their temper, but to others it appears that the bully/harasser is the victim because the viewer did not witness the prior bad acts of the bully/harasser.

Yes, the woman should not have lost her temper, but I also wonder if there is a lot "more to this story."

BTW, I have not read the entire thread, but wanted to post this comment when I first read about this situation (so I may not have the most up to date information).
The boy stopped about 15 ft from her. She came at him, grabbed the handle bars, and then hit him. And then threatened to hit him again. Right in front of his own house.

We have no way of knowing if the kid did ANYTHING wrong. All we know is, yeah, sometimes kids misbehave. We have no way of knowing if THIS kid misbehaved, or not. We just know he had the audacity to be 12 and riding his bike on the sidewalk. And maybe this family is from Mars, and not accustomed to old lady ways, or maybe the old lady was carrying a box of donuts, and the kids knocked them out of her hands, Or maybe the family members are pod people (as long as we're coming up with theories.)

But we have camera evidence that this woman approached this kid, grabbed his bike, and hit him. And then threatened to hit him again. And maybe Will Smith was just having a bad day when he hauled off and slapped Chris Rock. Poor old lady. Poor ol Will Smith.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:47 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I had an interaction with a local "Karen" like this commuting by bike at 5 am in the dark. I said "on your left" to announce I was coming by and she wheeled around immediately started yelling at me, "Get out in the street where you belong". I simply stopped put my bike light up and pointed to the sign that said bike route. Every time I had to go by her on this bike route she would mutter something.

There are some real kooks out there. If people were more aware of their surrounding these interactions could be avoided.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, I'd want a jurist who listens to the facts and goes by the facts presented.
You don't have all the facts. You haven't heard her side of that story.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

True. I've lived it.

Old 04-13-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
You don't have all the facts. You haven't heard her side of that story.
Right. Exactly. I don't have all the facts. You don't either. But we have the facts presented by the camera. That's what we know. Please tell me what excuses her hitting him? What would make it A-OK to push him in to some bushes, and hit him? And then threaten to do it again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events