Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 10:18 AM

1,168 posts, read 786,489 times

Advertisements

He rides all the way up to the lady clearly expecting her to move out of his way, when he should've just went around once he saw them in his path. At least that's the gentleman that I was raised to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 10:26 AM

23,925 posts, read 33,771,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Yeah same here. I cannot think of anything relating to this story that would excuse her behavior.
So they rode on the sidewalk before? What's the issue? It's LEGAL where they are.
It's legal where I live too, and I tell my kids to ride on the sidewalks for the same reason: safety.

I'm not trying to excuse her behavior, she deserves to be charged for hitting him. As an 80 year old adult, she surely knows better.

What I'm saying is that I don't think the kid is as innocent as he makes himself look in this video where he makes like he is just riding up to her when he most likely knows that she's already irate over what the other kid has done, we don't know if it was riding on the side walk or what it was but she was already confronting one kid when he rode up to her going pretty fast, then as I said, he did not swerve to make like he did not intend to hit her or make her move and that he was going to go around her, so she's probably standing there confronting the other kid when he pulls this move. Since they have history, he probably knows how she was react or over react because she's already fired up.

As I said, I'm not defending her hitting him, that was bad. I'm saying that with the history we do not know, this kid could pull moves like this regularly where he continues riding, either she moves or gets hit but this time he has that camera strapped to his chest to set her up to make himself look good and to make her out to be a liar in front of the other HOA board member.

I will be surprised if this boy and his friends have not tormented her in some way. I wish she would speak out to give history to explain why she was so wound up and irate. She sounds believable that she thought he was going to hit her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I'm solidly on the kids side too. Frankly, I thought he remained rather calm, considering that a crazy lady came at him, grabbed his bike, and hit him, and then threatened to hit him again.

If he set her up, of course he would remain calm to show he wasn't doing anything to provoke her.

I'm not on either of their sides. I'm trying to be neutral like if this was two people I'm mediating such as my kids when they were fighting. I don't react to say I believe one over the other. As I said, there are 3 versions of what happened, his version, her version and the truth of what really did happen if someone else was standing there watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
She should not have hit him but he's no angel either. I think he has probably been an annoyance to people living there. And he has no problem riding in the middle of the street at night. His own body cam proves that. Here are two videos from his tik tok.
https://www.tiktok.com/@mcfadden_fig...09092576429611

I'm not sure but that may be an electric bike he is riding. They can go pretty fast. This video starts a little earlier than the one shown on the news. I wonder if he looped around to make it look like he did nothing. Odd he is so far behind his friends who are already stopped when he is riding really fast.

That's exactly what I've found too when looking at his stuff the other day. I didn't have time to get back here, got off of the computer early the last time I was here.

I think he has an E-bike (electric bike) too because it sure sounds like one but comments I read the other day claim it is not an E-bike. It's actually one of my big questions, was it one?

I also found it weird that all of a sudden he's afraid to ride on the street? Yeah, ok. If he's on an E-bike I think legally, he is not allowed to ride it on the side walk.

You bring up great points like I was trying to explain in my last reply. It was weird his friends were stopped and that he was not with them. Weirder is his front door was wide open like his parents were expecting someone to be yelling for them, whether their son or the neighbor or both. I think he left his stopped friends to get his go pro, left the front door open so his parents could hear everything that happened, I assume they were watching out the window too, so that they were ready when the neighbor came screaming over there.

As I said above, I'm trying to be neutral, I'm not on either of their sides, you don't seem to pick sides either like other posters do. We both have said she was wrong to hit him, but that is what everyone is focusing on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I fail to see how a video of a kid acting like a kid and playing with a splatman changes a thing. Why are we still trying to put some blame on the kid? What he did was perfectly legal, what she did was not. It's just that simple but as I said posters here always want to overcomplicate things. What happened in the past is totally irrelevant to what took place in this video.

If he is riding an E-bike, it's most likely illegal to ride on the side walk just like a moped. I don't have time to look on his town web site to see if it's legal or not.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:52 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,928,358 times
Doubtful that it's an e-bike; ou have to be 16 to legally ride one of those in California. You'd think something like that would have come out in the LE investigation. Most people who ride those are over age 40, btw.

He clearly stopped the bike way before he got to her. So you think he went into his house, got his camera, left the door wide open, and told his parents to watch for -- something? Right.

Nothing was said about other kids there being his friends or whatever.

The woman came after the kid a second time while she was screeching at his mother.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 04-14-2022 at 11:19 AM..

Old 04-14-2022, 10:53 AM

17,577 posts, read 15,718,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
He rides all the way up to the lady clearly expecting her to move out of his way, when he should've just went around once he saw them in his path. At least that's the gentleman that I was raised to be.
She’s in his driveway yelling at other kids lol… He probably wanted to know what the heck was going on.

And… he slowed down and stopped WELL before he was near her.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:58 AM

5,757 posts, read 3,256,564 times
Quote:
Nope. That's not what happened at all. He stopped about 15 ft from her, and SHE closed the gap.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:59 PM

1,168 posts, read 786,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
She’s in his driveway yelling at other kids lol… He probably wanted to know what the heck was going on.

And… he slowed down and stopped WELL before he was near her.
You're right I didn't realize this started at his driveway, I thought the lady had followed him home.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:34 PM

6,955 posts, read 3,995,396 times
Quote:
Watch the video again. He stops well before reaching her. She approached him and initiated the confrontation.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:17 PM

23,925 posts, read 33,771,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I was addressing several poster's comments. You may have the time and interest in pasting each post and then commenting but many of us do not.

I'm not sure which video you are referring to in this way too long post, can you please sort it out for me? I don't see it changing my opinion but I'm interested to see what you are talking about.

While I agree there is history, to me it's pretty obvious this history involves previous incidents of the kids riding on the sidewalk which I would like to remind you is perfectly legal there. Regardless of their history there is no way way to defend this woman's behavior. So not sure why you feel the need to go down the road of their history when we are commenting on this specific incident.

The longer video is below, you can either see it at his tiktok mcfadden_fights or via the article below

Crazy Karen in Santa Ana caught on camera assaulting kid, accuses him of running her down with his bike on the sidewalk

Old 04-16-2022, 07:53 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,533,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So this is headline news? Notice how the liberal news network wants to make this into a bigger issue than it really is, while there are far worse stories going on that they ignore. I guess those other stories don't fit the narrative.
Ever notice how liberals rarely make post like this? For Gods sake take your crying to the politics board. Or better yet just stop making posts like this.

Old 04-16-2022, 08:04 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,533,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for supplying this but it does nothing to change what has been discussed. While I agree there is some history between the two, and again my theory it is centers around previous encounters with the kids riding on the sidewalk, this video does nothing to put any blame what so ever on the kid and gives no information on what that history is. So we are back to you putting some sort of blame on the child when so far there is no evidence of any wrong doing by that kid in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events