Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 09:25 AM

30,628 posts, read 18,209,295 times

Advertisements

In NYC where I'm from, children are allowed to ride bikes on the sidewalk until they are 16, after which police can start ticketing you. At least this is how things were when I still lived there.

In any event, this woman is unhinged and should be arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 10:03 AM

381 posts, read 170,402 times
it's getting to the point where I think everyone, or at least every sane person, should consider wearing a body camera for personal protection.

and to the guy who commented on the mouth of the boy, seriously, he stopped well short or her, she walked up to him and shoved him and hit him (assault), and admitted to it and threatened him with another hit, and you're concerned about a few f-bombs?

maybe he was wearing the camera because she's the neighborhood Karen and he or others have been treated to this show before but fair play to them.

Press charges to the full extent.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:08 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
This lady is a neighbor of the family and they've had interactions with her before.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:10 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Several news article mentions the assailant as being 79/80-years old. She certainly doesn't look that age.

Anyhow, just another deranged woman. Assaults the kid and then lies about it to the kid's mum. Thank goodness he was wearing a GoPro camera.

Oh, and by the way, in the city of Santa Ana, riding a bike on city sidewalks is not against the law (so long as it's not a sidewalk by businesses).

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewalk/2865388/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDwfmd7SIY
You can see the boy is traveling pretty fast but as he gets closer to the woman and two others he slows down so as not to run into someone—
And she is older than the initial impression of the dark hair—has wrinkles and maybe some heavy face makeup
That boy was very lucky he had his GoPro helmet on

And I wonder who the other kid on the bike was—someone else she had stopped???

The sidewalks are narrow though and I can see why it might be dangerous (even if legal) to have bike riders on sidewalk with walkers…

The woman was still not right to do what she did
Maybe she is in dementia

Old 04-10-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
This lady is a neighbor of the family and they've had interactions with her before.
Not a surprise
I bet the woman is starting dementia—where small things can be magnified without reason into threats
Paranoia comes with many cases of dementia/Alzheimers

Old 04-10-2022, 11:16 AM

880 posts, read 564,432 times
LOL, all the left-leaning people have come out in defense of the crazy-lady. Can anyone explain that to me?

1 - The lady is doing this directly in front of the kids house.
2 - This lady is screaming (listen carefully) about her being on the board / HOA
3 - The lady engages in a physical altercation with the child.
4 - They're in a gated neighborhood.
5 - It's not illegal to drive on the sidewalk where they are.

Someone explain to me why anyone is defending this lady? I'm all for forgive and forget, but this lady clearly has an axe to grind...

Old 04-10-2022, 11:16 AM

He was wearing the camera because it was new—trying it out I guess
And a good idea if you are a bike rider
And face it—most people without seeing video might jump to the conclusion that the boy was the instigator
That he deliberately ran into the woman—which HE DID NOT
He slowed as he saw people on sidewalk in front of him and stopped BEFORE he got to the woman and the two others…
SHE aggressively approached him—you can see it on the video

Old 04-10-2022, 12:08 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
LOL, all the left-leaning people have come out in defense of the crazy-lady. Can anyone explain that to me?

2 - This lady is screaming (listen carefully) about her being on the board / HOA

Someone explain to me why anyone is defending this lady? I'm all for forgive and forget, but this lady clearly has an axe to grind...
In no way am I defending the woman. Why are you and others not able to understand that some of question what has happened outside of the footage presented as "evidence".

Also, I'm not even close to being "left-leaning". What the heck does politics even have to do with this?

Old 04-10-2022, 12:16 PM

381 posts, read 170,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post

Wrong thread, Wrong Sub-Forum

what does someone's , well, forget it, you wouldn't understand anyway....

Old 04-10-2022, 02:11 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I actually agree with the woman

A 12 yr old should know better and is old enough to ride on the street.

Heck there are 5 yr olds beating up teachers. Kids are getting stronger and stronger

I'm not going to automatically side with either of them. There could be a lot of history we're not seeing here.

I don't believe she is 80, she looks a quarter of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Read the OP again. OP says riding on the sidewalk isn't illegal where this happened.

This article states it clearly.

https://newsantaana.com/elderly-woma...%20pedestrians.

Much better article than the first. Who knows what really happened? Could be he set her up, he may try hitting people with his bike like kids by me have done. Wonder why he was wearing the go pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm not convinced that the kid is so innocent. Or that entire family.

Why was he wearing the camera? He just happened to come across her while riding his bike with his camera turned on? Maybe, but how likely is that?

I suspect there's been a lot of provoking by that kid prior to the camera rolling. She instantly went nuts when she saw him coming. Who does that without a reason?

For all we know that entire family gets amusement by picking on a neighbor who's a bit off her rocker. Add to their fun a camera to make the old lady appear really crazy, and the boy innocent, when in fact she's simply reacting to past harassments.

Nope. I don't believe it.

Agree, there is probably history between the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events