Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 07:52 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,155,646 times

Advertisements

I'm posting without reading any responses because I saw this story a few days ago and I thought she was wrong but I'm also not 100% sure the kid was so innocent either. Why is the video clip so short and what were the other kids doing before he was stopped?

Where I live there is a marked bike path parallel to the boardwalk. I have had near misses with people riding bikes there when it clearly states no bikes. And no skateboards. I had to jump over one while blading one time. I have never seen a biker getting a ticket but I did see 2 little 12 year olds get one. I thought that was ridiculous. They were clearly upset. They told me it was a $25 fine.

I have cameras where I live, in my car, on my motorcycle helmet, on my bike and on my big dogs harness. I think my next buy will be a small body cam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 07:54 PM

15,468 posts, read 7,522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If its that dangerous, then maybe he should not be outside at all. He almost gets hit by car, and now he almosts hits someone on his bike. And he aint a kid. He is a teen.

It states "travel along". I believe that means dismounted, and walking the bicycle.
The kid did not "almost hit someone with his bike". He stopped well short of the people.

Travel along does not mean dismounted, if it did, the law would be unnecessary, since pushing a bike is the same as walking.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:32 PM

23,878 posts, read 33,601,389 times
Someone had mentioned it's legal to ride a bike on the side walk, I noticed one of the videos or news articles said with the flow of traffic or something similar to mean that the boy should have been on the other side of the street because he was riding against the traffic.

Bikes can be a huge issue by me. When COVID started, we had 6 to 10 teens on bikes playing chicken with cars on the main 25 MPH road in my development and also the main road coming in that has a 45 MPH speed limit. I was stopped at a light on the main 45 MPH road when the chicken reports were first posted in the Facebook group I run for my development, I could not believe they were doing this with cars going 45 MPH, but that's exactly what they were doing. These same kids were also giving people issues at our local convenience store up the street, running in without masks, pulling their shirts up as they walk in the store until a few of us complained that none had proper face coverings as defined by the state. The convenience store started handing out masks.

We had a few neighbors post photos and some video of these minor bikers while they were getting mouthy with adults. The parents who's kids they were, were fuming that their kid was being posted. How else are people supposed to ask who's kids are these without photos?

Anyway, I could see there being some sort of history between this teen and woman because the whole situation looks weird. She is on the side walk, speaking to another kid also on a bike. I wonder if she was also confronting that kid about something? My opinion is that her amount of being irate does not match what is recorded.

Weird how the boy started slowing down so far away, driving straight for her verses slowing down, going towards the street to go around her.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:51 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Someone had mentioned it's legal to ride a bike on the side walk, I noticed one of the videos or news articles said with the flow of traffic or something similar to mean that the boy should have been on the other side of the street because he was riding against the traffic.

Weird how the boy started slowing down so far away, driving straight for her verses slowing down, going towards the street to go around her.
It wasn’t weird he started slowing down—-
He could see her—I could see her and the others on the video and see his hand downshifting
He was probably going home and would be slowing down anyway
One story mentioned the woman was their next door neighbor—so it seems likely he was going home and that is why he wasn’t on the sidewalk on the other side of the street

Old 04-10-2022, 11:29 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
That crazy old bat should have charges placed on her. She's a hazard!

Old 04-11-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Quote:

It wasn’t weird he started slowing down—-
He could see her—I could see her and the others on the video and see his hand downshifting
He was probably going home and would be slowing down anyway
One story mentioned the woman was their next door neighbor—so it seems likely he was going home and that is why he wasn’t on the sidewalk on the other side of the street

Maybe in your opinion it was not weird that he didn't go towards the street to go around her, I'm entitled to my opinion, I think it was weird he went straight for her instead of trying to go around her on the street.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:14 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,503,659 times
Quote:

Bikes can be a huge issue by me. When COVID started, we had 6 to 10 teens on bikes playing chicken with cars on the main 25 MPH road in my development and also the main road coming in that has a 45 MPH speed limit. I was stopped at a light on the main 45 MPH road when the chicken reports were first posted in the Facebook group I run for my development, I could not believe they were doing this with cars going 45 MPH, but that's exactly what they were doing. These same kids were also giving people issues at our local convenience store up the street, running in without masks, pulling their shirts up as they walk in the store until a few of us complained that none had proper face coverings as defined by the state. The convenience store started handing out masks.

We had a few neighbors post photos and some video of these minor bikers while they were getting mouthy with adults. The parents who's kids they were, were fuming that their kid was being posted. How else are people supposed to ask who's kids are these without photos?

Anyway, I could see there being some sort of history between this teen and woman because the whole situation looks weird. She is on the side walk, speaking to another kid also on a bike. I wonder if she was also confronting that kid about something? My opinion is that her amount of being irate does not match what is recorded.

I agree.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
I agree.

I'll say one thing, I don't think we're getting the full story. The whole situation is weird, as I mentioned, she is talking to another kid on a bike, with this one driving straight at her verses swerving to go around her. He conveniently has a go pro too..

Old 04-11-2022, 07:27 AM

16,286 posts, read 10,434,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
LOL, all the left-leaning people have come out in defense of the crazy-lady. Can anyone explain that to me?

1 - The lady is doing this directly in front of the kids house.
2 - This lady is screaming (listen carefully) about her being on the board / HOA
3 - The lady engages in a physical altercation with the child.
4 - They're in a gated neighborhood.
5 - It's not illegal to drive on the sidewalk where they are.

Someone explain to me why anyone is defending this lady? I'm all for forgive and forget, but this lady clearly has an axe to grind...
Why do conservatives continue to politicize every single thing? Take it to the politics board.

Old 04-11-2022, 07:32 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,817,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I watched the video. Maybe you should consider what might have happened between those people days earlier. Ever think of that? That's all I'm sayin'.

I wasn't there. Neither were you.

We all know that cameras do not always show the entire truth.
What may or may not had happened hours, days, weeks earlier between them is not relevant. He stopped way before he was even close to her. He didn’t threaten, insult or injure her in any way. She approached him and assaulted him. Not ok no matter what their past history. And she’s the supposed adult. Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events