Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 05:08 PM

15,431 posts, read 9,129,301 times

Advertisements

The tire on the road was totally unnecessary. They could have just shot him through the window as he drove by. So the question would be why did they want to lure him out of the car before shooting him?

The only two possibilities that I can think of would be 1. To protect the child in the car. Which would be very interesting. That means the killer was concerned about the safety of the child. 2 To protect the car. Maybe a carjacking situation. I wonder how they ruled that out.

If it was not a carjacking, then yeah it would appear that someone, probably the ex-wife, hired a hitman with specific instructions not to harm the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 05:31 PM

2,700 posts, read 1,206,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The tire on the road was totally unnecessary. They could have just shot him through the window as he drove by. So the question would be why did they want to lure him out of the car before shooting him?

The only two possibilities that I can think of would be 1. To protect the child in the car. Which would be very interesting. That means the killer was concerned about the safety of the child. 2 To protect the car. Maybe a carjacking situation. I wonder how they ruled that out.

If it was not a carjacking, then yeah it would appear that someone, probably the ex-wife, hired a hitman with specific instructions not to harm the child.
shooting at a person in a moving vehicle is much harder than it looks. I am more inclined to believe that tire was there to make it easier to make him stop if he couldn't go around it.

Good point about the baby. Now that you mention the 2 year old baby I'm considering it would be a good reason why they wanted him out of the vehicle. Not just to make him stop to carjack or just kill him like a hit on him. Maybe if it was not a deliberate hit it was meant to be a deliberate carjacking that went wrong and the carjacker didn't know about the 2 year old until she cried from the shot being so loud. That car and every part of it would be hot and could lead to the killer so if it was a carjacking gone wrong he had to leave it.

So either accidental (carjacking) killing that left a 2 year old in the car or deliberate killing that made sure the 2 year old was safe in the car. If it is the latter then it makes me wonder if his present wife might be hiding something. An ex wouldn't care that much about the two year old of the present wife. Plus a carjacking I rule out only because they didn't take the car which they could have easily left the two year old with him and took the car.

Old 04-16-2022, 05:51 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,158,815 times
I think the tire in the road was to make him slow down enough to shoot him. They had no idea that he would actually stop and get out of the car to move it. I would guess most people would slow down and drive around it especially with a toddler in the car.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:15 PM
KCZ

4,685 posts, read 3,685,547 times
I can't believe the wife would plan this with her 2 yo daughter in the car. She'd want it to happen when her kids were safe at home with her, whether he was forced to get out of the car or not.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
shooting at a person in a moving vehicle is much harder than it looks. I am more inclined to believe that tire was there to make it easier to make him stop if he couldn't go around it.

Good point about the baby. Now that you mention the 2 year old baby I'm considering it would be a good reason why they wanted him out of the vehicle. Not just to make him stop to carjack or just kill him like a hit on him. Maybe if it was not a deliberate hit it was meant to be a deliberate carjacking that went wrong and the carjacker didn't know about the 2 year old until she cried from the shot being so loud. That car and every part of it would be hot and could lead to the killer so if it was a carjacking gone wrong he had to leave it.

So either accidental (carjacking) killing that left a 2 year old in the car or deliberate killing that made sure the 2 year old was safe in the car. If it is the latter then it makes me wonder if his present wife might be hiding something. An ex wouldn't care that much about the two year old of the present wife. Plus a carjacking I rule out only because they didn't take the car which they could have easily left the two year old with him and took the car.
A carjacking gone wrong would be my first thought, but it appears the police have ruled that out. But I'm not sure how they did that or why.

As for shooting someone in a moving vehicle that is not too difficult with an automatic or semiautomatic weapon, especially at close range from the side. The police and drive by shooters do it all the time. They just keep firing until they hit the driver.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I think the tire in the road was to make him slow down enough to shoot him. They had no idea that he would actually stop and get out of the car to move it. I would guess most people would slow down and drive around it especially with a toddler in the car.
The tire was blocking the road. He had no choice but to stop get out an move it.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
I can't believe the wife would plan this with her 2 yo daughter in the car. She'd want it to happen when her kids were safe at home with her, whether he was forced to get out of the car or not.
His wife wouldn't but his ex-wife might.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:35 PM

45,508 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Quote:

Why get him out of the car?

If it was a targeted hit the shooter isn't going to throw the dice on a shot at a target inside a moving vehicle, he's going to shorten the odds by making the car stop and causing the target to get out of it.

Hitting a moving target is a lot harder in real life than in the movies.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:59 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,158,815 times
Quote:
The tire was blocking the road. He had no choice but to stop get out an move it.
Plenty of room to drive around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Why get him out of the car?

If it was a targeted hit the shooter isn't going to throw the dice on a shot at a target inside a moving vehicle, he's going to shorten the odds by making the car stop and causing the target to get out of it.

Hitting a moving target is a lot harder in real life than in the movies.
Or just slowing him down enough to go around the tire. It wasn't a sure thing that he would stop and exit the vehicle. Just a sure thing that he would stop or slow down enough to hit him.

Old 04-16-2022, 07:03 PM

45,508 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Plenty of room to drive around it.

Or just slowing him down enough to go around the tire. It wasn't a sure thing that he would stop and exit the vehicle. Just a sure thing that he would stop or slow down enough to hit him.
Moat people, if they're on a road that it can be safely done and they're not in a hurry, will stop and move a hazard like a tire, especially in a residential area. Pull off, throw on the hazards, move the object.

If the street that was pictured is the one where it happened it doesn't look wide enough to go around something in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJU2cz9ytPQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events