Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 03:22 PM

15,599 posts, read 9,259,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I'm not saying it wasn't, but I would say that if the bolded from Cloudy Dayz post is true, I wonder. If it is the one way exit from a gated community, how reliable would that have been to target a specific person. It happened around 7:30 PM on a weeknight...not exactly a time when one could expect that there aren't people leaving the neighborhood for various reasons.
Apparently, there are not too many people leaving that community at that time. His body laid on the pavement and his car blocked the road until 9:50 PM when he was found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 10:01 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,074,759 times
well, I guess time for the investigators of this murder to subpoena all the txt messages, WhatsApps Facebook Instagram phone logs of the victim, the current wife, ex wife, next door neighbors. Perhaps the victim owed a lot of money to Chinese Triads or the Mexican Mafia.

And unless it was a Earthmover tire (like the giant ones in a Crossfit class) I dont exactly see how it would block the one lane road.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:03 AM

45,617 posts, read 61,041,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
well, I guess time for the investigators of this murder to subpoena all the txt messages, WhatsApps Facebook Instagram phone logs of the victim, the current wife, ex wife, next door neighbors. Perhaps the victim owed a lot of money to Chinese Triads or the Mexican Mafia.

And unless it was a Earthmover tire (like the giant ones in a Crossfit class) I dont exactly see how it would block the one lane road.
?????

A tire in the middle of a narrow lane would block it, especially with no shoulders. If the picture shown previously is the lane it's basically a driveway with a low raised curbing. To avoid an object in the center you'd have to go off the lane on either side.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:22 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,074,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
?????

A tire in the middle of a narrow lane would block it, especially with no shoulders. If the picture shown previously is the lane it's basically a driveway with a low raised curbing. To avoid an object in the center you'd have to go off the lane on either side.

I guess I'd like to know if the victim was driving a Fiat 500 (tiny car that looks like a shoe) or like a Toyota Tacoma - the later might've kept him alive. Hell, even throwing it in reverse and driving the wrong way backwards for an 1/8th of a mile wouldve been better.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:30 AM

51,323 posts, read 36,992,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
I guess I'd like to know if the victim was driving a Fiat 500 (tiny car that looks like a shoe) or like a Toyota Tacoma - the later might've kept him alive. Hell, even throwing it in reverse and driving the wrong way backwards for an 1/8th of a mile wouldve been better.

You'd have to suspect something was amiss to do that though. If he did, he could have simply backed his car up and turned around, but he probably never thought it was some kind of set-up. I doubt he had a car that small if he was transporting 3 kids and their stuff.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:01 PM

45,617 posts, read 61,041,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You'd have to suspect something was amiss to do that though. If he did, he could have simply backed his car up and turned around, but he probably never thought it was some kind of set-up. I doubt he had a car that small if he was transporting 3 kids and their stuff.
There are some roads that always have **** on them, around here it's garbage cans. The trash guys seem to be programmed genetically to leave the cans on the road. It encompasses different companies and crews.

I stopped today to move one off the street and it wasn't even trash day.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:46 PM

51,323 posts, read 36,992,121 times
Quote:
There are some roads that always have **** on them, around here it's garbage cans. The trash guys seem to be programmed genetically to leave the cans on the road. It encompasses different companies and crews.

Yes, we had that problem in my last town. Not so much here, But people do lose things they are hauling on cars and especially trucks, too, and aren't always aware of it.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:58 AM

37,826 posts, read 41,158,528 times
I'm going with: The killer had it up to here after the Microsoft updates from hell. Microsoft is on my hit list (figuratively speaking) right after the GPS lady. Recalculate this!

Old 04-20-2022, 08:31 AM

78,941 posts, read 61,126,629 times
Clearly given how it was set up there is a probability that the ex was involved and the cops will undoubtably start there.

Reasonable chance they'll get to the bottom of this.

With all the cameras around they're going to pour over all the vehicles that came into and out of the area, pull cell phone records including what towers they pinged off of etc. etc. etc.

Heck, they just busted a father\son for killing a brown bear out of season out in the wilderness. They got records of who was in the area from google at the time the bear died (it had on a research collar that alerted DNR).

Old 04-20-2022, 08:54 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,910,270 times
Quote:

If I were travelling down my narrow residential road and something was blocking part of the road, I'd get out and move it to the side. That's nothing extraordinary, simply being a good neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events