Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 01:43 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,729,268 times

Advertisements

Very shady and horrific execution in front of daughter.

https://www.newser.com/story/319335/...soft-exec.html

Quote:
Almost two months after a Microsoft exec in Florida was gunned down in what police said appeared to be a targeted killing, no arrests have been made and the reward for information has been upped to $30,000. Police say Jared Bridegan, 33, was gunned down in front of his 2-year-old daughter in Jacksonville Beach on Feb. 16, News4Jax reports. He was on his way home to wife Kirsten Bridegan and their baby daughter after dropping off his 9-year-old twins from a previous marriage with their mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BE8eDem4y4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 01:51 PM

603 posts, read 446,425 times
Was this the guy that got out of his car to remove a tire in the middle of the road? Doesn't he also have an ex wife?

Old 04-16-2022, 01:53 PM

17,428 posts, read 16,602,825 times
i just can't imagine why anyone would target this guy - and with a 2 year old in the car! I hope they figure out who did this.

Old 04-16-2022, 01:55 PM

17,428 posts, read 16,602,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
Was this the guy that got out of his car to remove a tire in the middle of the road? Doesn't he also have an ex wife?
Yes, there was a tire in the middle of the road. If this was a targeted killing, the killer must have known that he was dropping his 9 year old twins off and what route he would take heading back home.

Old 04-16-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
“There is a reason he was stopped here,†said Jacksonville Beach Police Det. Sgt. David Young. “There’s a reason there’s a tire in the middle of the road. So we think that in that aspect, we think that he was targeted.â€
Young noted it was close-range and cold-blooded.
“He was right at the driver’s door and we believe that the shooter was less than four feet, three feet from him,†Young said. “It was specific, [Jared Bridegan] used this route all the time. Whoever [killed him] knew the route.â€
Neighbors’ surveillance cameras from the Sanctuary subdivision caught the sound of several gunshots just before 8 p.m
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...s-for-answers/

Old 04-16-2022, 02:30 PM

My gut tells me the ex wife is involved. She hasn't made a statement and the twins, although invited, did not attend the funeral.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:44 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,163,507 times
Quote:
My gut tells me the ex wife is involved. She hasn't made a statement and the twins, although invited, did not attend the funeral.
Occam's Razor: you're probably right. The detectives are surely asking right now: "Cui Bono?" That's Step 1. Obviously a hit, that was self-evident an hour after the story came out. Someone no doubt had the old "Means, motive, and opportunity." Figuring out the previous is Step 2. They'll figure it out, which doesn't diminish the horror but does bring the case one step closer to justice.

I remember a homicide in a south Seattle area neighborhood a few years ago. I was friends a few steps removed from the victim, more of a nodding acquaintance. Who did it probably took the detectives about a week to puzzle out, if-that.

Bringing us to Step 3: it's not what you know rather what you can prove. The crime I mentioned was gruesome. Blunt force trauma, thus "personal." SO: they sweated down all her friends with an axe to grind and had it figured out I suspect fairly quickly. Almost always involves a few things only: money, power, some other loot. Or revenge and to send a message. Last step: took a year for the court system to build the case properly. Finally, there were convictions and/or pleas as-expected. The wheels of justice take far longer than the story stays in the news. Always.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:50 PM

17,379 posts, read 22,144,279 times
Quote:
^^^^especially if there is a life insurance policy for that ex-wife/kids.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:53 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,514,081 times
we dont know enough,sound like he had enemy

Old 04-16-2022, 04:32 PM

2,701 posts, read 1,206,013 times
He was gunned down after the twins were dropped off. I see why the Ex is suspected to be involved. Why not on the way to instead of on the way back? If not the ex then maybe someone at work? or a rival with an ax to grind? It's hard to figure why on earth a average guy with a good decent job and family man like him. Not that single men aren't nice too.

I hate to say it but we know nothing about his present marriage either. The Police will have to look into his wife too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events