Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 04:32 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,672,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Disagree. You can defend yourself if you are assaulted and in imminent danger. Someone throwing a water bottle at you does not cut it. And at the point when Mike was on top of the guy throwing repeated punches, he certainly wasn’t in imminent danger, and there was nothing LEGALLY justified at that point. At that point, Mike Tyson was committing assault and battery.
I'm sorry but you are simply wrong as a matter of law. Someone throwing a water bottle at you is assault (and battery if it actually hits you) which is, by law, an imminent threat; and you are entitled to respond with reasonable force to end the threat. Given the fact this waste of organic material barely got a scratch out of the ordeal, the force Tyson used to cool his jets was well within reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 05:00 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHunt View Post
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.
^^^ EPIC MIKE TYSON QUOTE!

Old 04-25-2022, 05:09 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Disagree. You can defend yourself if you are assaulted and in imminent danger. Someone throwing a water bottle at you does not cut it. And at the point when Mike was on top of the guy throwing repeated punches, he certainly wasn’t in imminent danger, and there was nothing LEGALLY justified at that point. At that point, Mike Tyson was committing assault and battery.
There isn't a grand jury out there that would indict Tyson..........which is why the local cops didn't arrest him.

Poke the bear and you will get hurt.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:20 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,572,016 times
Quote:
You might be leaning way to hard on your legal expertise

Old 04-26-2022, 08:49 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,173,150 times
This guy antagonizing Mike Tyson reminds me of the people who harass 1600 pound buffalo in Yellowstone National Park. It's not a winning situation.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:44 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times
I'm pretty sure that guys head looked a lot worse that next morning than it did when the injuries were fresh.

Tyson wasn't actually "pulling" punches, he just didn't have enough room to draw back. Those repeated, close range blows with the wrist twist can do some damage too when the arm behind them is muscular. Plus there was no way for the passenger to duck or dodge them. He was boxed in (literally).

I think the guy had it coming to him. I mean who does that? Why are people feeling so empowered to act up on planes recently? I haven't flown since 2019 but the recent stories are just so weird.

Old 04-26-2022, 04:51 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,568 times
Dummy poked the bear and got his clock cleaned.
No sympathy here.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:25 AM

110 posts, read 83,546 times
He's got a great story for the rest of his life though. Not many people can say they've actually been punched by Mike Tyson

Old 04-28-2022, 12:21 PM

1,561 posts, read 902,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
^^^ EPIC MIKE TYSON QUOTE!
My favorite Mike Tyson quote was when a reporter in a press conference asked, "Mr. Tyson, do you take drugs?'

MT: "Yeah, to keep me from killin' y'all."

Old 04-28-2022, 03:00 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
My favorite Mike Tyson quote was when a reporter in a press conference asked, "Mr. Tyson, do you take drugs?'

MT: "Yeah, to keep me from killin' y'all."
He was harassed a lot by the press, especially during the whole Robin Givens thing and the Evander Holyfield incident (not that he didn’t bring it on himself) I’m sure he had to hold himself back many times when they were shoving microphones in his face!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events