Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 01:45 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times

Advertisements

Crazy incident.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/21/mike-...ies-passenger/

The guy was drunk and wouldn't stop annoying Mike. I get Mike being mad, but to pummel someone with a flurry of punches like that was way beyond necessary. He wasn't being threated or defending himself at that point.

First of all, Mike Tyson should be sitting in first class where he would be way less likely to have to deal with passengers like that. But even still, Mike should have called over a flight attendant and he would have probably gotten the royal treatment and the drunk dude would have been dealt with.

As it stands, Mike will likely be facing a lawsuit. The guy reported the incident to the police and it's all on tape.

It's another example where certain people automatically resort to physical violence. Mike has always had a temper, but at his age and all he's been through in life, he should know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 01:48 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,073,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Crazy incident.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/21/mike-...ies-passenger/

The guy was drunk and wouldn't stop annoying Mike. I get Mike being mad, but to pummel someone with a flurry of punches like that was way beyond necessary. He wasn't being threated or defending himself at that point.

First of all, Mike Tyson should be sitting in first class where he would be way less likely to have to deal with passengers like that. But even still, Mike should have called over a flight attendant and he would have probably gotten the royal treatment and the drunk dude would have been dealt with.

As it stands, Mike will likely be facing a lawsuit. The guy reported the incident to the police and it's all on tape.

It's another example where certain people automatically resort to physical violence. Mike has always had a temper, but at his age and all he's been through in life, he should know better.
Nobody ever confused Mike Tyson with "thinking" and "knowing".

...and quite seriously, if Tyson had "really" hit him, that guys face would be coming out the back of his head. As it is he only got a scratch on his temple...like he hit the tray or window frame.

Old 04-21-2022, 01:56 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,696,799 times
That is first class.
The guy deserved it.

I'm no fan of his, but on behalf of everyone who has ever had to deal with one of these drunken a-holes that seem to be on every flight these days, I want to thank Mister Tyson.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 PM

10,548 posts, read 7,743,046 times
Quote:
..As it stands, Mike will likely be facing a lawsuit. The guy reported the incident to the police and it's all on tape..
A lawsuit would be sad news. If so, it should be thrown out IMO.

Yes, Tyson should have shut him up without punches. Looks like the drunken fool is just fine though, so obviously Mike wasn't trying to hurt him.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Rule of the Day: Don't make Mike Tyson mad! Tyson is an ignorant jerk with anger issues regardless but seems like he's mellowed out with age the last few years. I still remember years ago when a sportscaster asked him what his career best punch was and he said when he socked it to his wife at the time - Robin Givens. The guy is lucky he left with his ear still intact, or his head not knocked off for that matter. Tyson was seriously holding back.
The drunk at least has a good story "I was beat up by Mike Tyson and lived without permanent injury"

Old 04-21-2022, 02:15 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
If it wasn't Mike Tyson who did it, I'm sure someone else would have

Old 04-21-2022, 02:26 PM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Rule of the Day: Don't make Mike Tyson mad!

Oh, you beat me to it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FGvMdhG80

Old 04-21-2022, 02:47 PM

16,415 posts, read 12,495,187 times
Quote:
First of all, Mike Tyson should be sitting in first class where he would be way less likely to have to deal with passengers like that.
You think that's coach?? Have you been on a plane since the 1970s?

Old 04-21-2022, 03:32 PM

7,011 posts, read 4,813,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Nobody ever confused Mike Tyson with "thinking" and "knowing".

...and quite seriously, if Tyson had "really" hit him, that guys face would be coming out the back of his head. As it is he only got a scratch on his temple...like he hit the tray or window frame.
That’s what I was thinking. If Tyson had let loose, that guy would be out cold, or worse at those close quarters.

Old 04-21-2022, 03:32 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You think that's coach?? Have you been on a plane since the 1970s?
I wasn’t born in the 1970’s, lol. But I haven’t been on a plane since 2019. Haven’t flown during the pandemic.
I didn’t look close, but it didn’t look like first class. I must have been mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events