Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 03:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,044,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Look at this punk a** kid's mug shot. That smirk should have been slapped off that punk's face.

He was released on $300,000 because the poor kid was feeling "suicidal." Meanwhile, none of his six victims will ever go home. Kid needs to be taught a lesson so other kids can see there are real consequences to driving like an idiot.

Florida Teen Charged With Killing Six in 151-MPH BMW M5 Crash
Junior's Bail required someone putting up their house for collateral and paying 10% of the Bail amount. That's the Deal in Florida.

The families of the Victims will not let this looser go easy. He's looking at Serious Time (i'd say 20yrs+).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 03:03 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Junior's Bail required someone putting up their house for collateral and paying 10% of the Bail amount. That's the Deal in Florida.

The families of the Victims will not let this looser go easy. He's looking at Serious Time (i'd say 20yrs+).

I hope so. At least 20 years. And I hope his parents check book is dealt a serious blow, too

Old 04-22-2022, 04:16 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,660,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I hope so. At least 20 years. And I hope his parents check book is dealt a serious blow, too

Sorry, but 3.3 years for each life he took isn't enough. 20 years for each victim sounds good to me. He should never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a car ever again.

I hope the police do a thorough search of the murderer's and the parents' computers. If there's any evidence the parents had watched the videos of him speeding like that, they should go to jail with him.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:40 PM

17,288 posts, read 22,013,755 times
The car was a 600 HP BMW M5 (about 100-120K new). Kid posted videos of him driving 182 mph the week prior and offered instagram followers a $25 prize to guess his top speed.

There was a similar case in Tampa last year. Kid was street racing a 5.0 Mustang (420 HP), hit a woman crossing the street while pushing a baby carriage. Mom/baby killed on impact as he applied the brakes at 105 mph and it was estimated he hit them at 40-50 mph. The other street racer got 6 years for illegal racing, the kid in the Mustang got 24 yrs for the deaths.
The car computer indicated he also had run the car the prior week at speeds over 150 mph.

Private school, lanky white kid is going to have a tough time in prison for the next 24 yrs.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/tampa...re-racing-case

I'm guessing the M5 kid is going to get a longer sentence due to the higher speeds/higher body count.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:32 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,660,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddlk View Post
Sadly they arrent actually responsible for him doing this,HE DID IT!!!!

Shocking he was let out .... Probably just an act,he could care less most likely

Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between Crumbley's parents letting him have that gun, and this killer's parents buying him an M5. Both kids were displaying warning signs that they were headed for trouble and the parents didn't do anything about it.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:36 PM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddlk View Post
Sadly they arrent actually responsible for him doing this,HE DID IT!!!!

Shocking he was let out .... Probably just an act,he could care less most likely
Legally and morally they are responsible for a 17 year old child of theirs. He certainly got the car from someone didn't he?

The parents gave him the car and you feel they are not responsible? How does that work? smh

Old 04-22-2022, 10:52 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
17 at the time, makes me hope his parents are held accountable for some of his actions.
That is a key observation, as many times these punks are enabled by loser parents who give their kids cars, well beyond what their maturity level can deal with.
I do not recall how long ago it was, but some kid was given a Corvette, and was going 100+ and killed some other people. He was 16 or so, and the combination of age and HP was a recipe for disaster.

Old 04-23-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Legally and morally they are responsible for a 17 year old child of theirs. He certainly got the car from someone didn't he?

The parents gave him the car and you feel they are not responsible? How does that work? smh
^^^yes and they had to "sign" for him to even get a drivers license since he was under 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Honestly, I don't see a lot of difference between Crumbley's parents letting him have that gun, and this killer's parents buying him an M5. Both kids were displaying warning signs that they were headed for trouble and the parents didn't do anything about it.
^^^I can agree with that. Plenty of apps/car monitoring devices that would have told them instantly that Jr was breaking the law, driving like an idiot in literally seconds of him doing it.

My first car had about 100 hp, I remember all the stupid stuff I did with that car!

Old 04-23-2022, 06:17 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Reminds me of another case from many years ago, daughter fighting with her dad, grabbed the keys to the family's expensive sports car and took off, also driving over 100 mph, crashing, killing herself and someone else.

I find it hard to blame the parents in these cases. Many very good parents end up with that one bad seed. Or some teens just go through those horrible, defiant, stupid years.

That said, I hope this driver gets a very long sentence.

Old 04-23-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Reminds me of another case from many years ago, daughter fighting with her dad, grabbed the keys to the family's expensive sports car and took off, also driving over 100 mph, crashing, killing herself and someone else.

I find it hard to blame the parents in these cases. Many very good parents end up with that one bad seed. Or some teens just go through those horrible, defiant, stupid years.

That said, I hope this driver gets a very long sentence.
Nope...........if the kid is a bad seed let him be as reckless as he wants on his BICYCLE! Why "arm" him with a 4000 lb, 600 HP rocket?

Likely Jr wouldn't even have enough money for gas for that car. So again if he has no money for gas then the car won't leave the driveway.

Mom and dad signed for the license, provided the car and the gas ............3 strikes and they are now paying the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events